Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Yeah. I left off Chara because apparently climbing Mt. Kilamanjaro once a year for African kids gives you carte blanche to be a dickless masshole on skates with permanent "no history" status. If there was a just and loving god in this world, that piece of s.h.i.t. would die a painful death of ass cancer, but that's just my opinion.

As much as I hate Chris Neil seeing him punking Chara a few years ago was the funniest thing I had ever seen until dick nosed Marchand took that knee to his cranium. I mean I hate Shittsburgh as much as anyone, but I'd root for a team from Baghdad before I ever root for that region of Massholes to ever win at anything ever again.

Probably going to have to print this post and have it framed.

I hate Marchand, and I thought what Neal did was just as bad as what Thornton did. I've seen Neal pull cheap ###### before. Scum bag deserves a lot more than 5 games. Purposely kneeing someone in the head? It makes me sick watching it.

I can't really blame Thornton or Neal, because it's not like the league was going to do anything about it anyways.

But you'll blame Scott.

Attempted to fight Kessel and went after Ericksson's head. Those are pretty good examples of "going after."

hardly and complete ######. If Thornton was on the sabres and pulled that ###### you would be railing again about how horrible the sabres look to even have that guy on the roster. But instead your going with the BS thing that Scott targeted the head of Eriksson. If the sabres are bush league for having scott then the bruins are just as bush league for still having Thornton

Well I just watched the MArchand/Orpik/Thorton thing.

Orpik is a dumbass for what he did to Marchand. Of course Thorton punching a guy on the ice that he just jumped is GOON. 10games minimum for him. Orpik should also be suspended. If the NHL doesn't want to punish teams you will see sh!t like this continually. Bruins may be cheapshot artists but a lot of other teams do the same stuff. That being said punching a guy who you already tossed to the ice breaks every hockey code for everyone everywhere. You don't hit a guy who is down on the ice. Orpik you did it and I believe he deliberatly took that shot at Marchand. Thorton, you decked a guy who was under you on the ice... classless plays all around from everyone. These are 2 top teams but no top players.

I expect the suspensions to be:

Orpik - 3 games

Thorton - 7games

Orpik is a dumbass for what he did to Marchand. Of course Thorton punching a guy on the ice that he just jumped is GOON. 10games minimum for him. Orpik should also be suspended. If the NHL doesn't want to punish teams you will see sh!t like this continually. Bruins may be cheapshot artists but a lot of other teams do the same stuff. That being said punching a guy who you already tossed to the ice breaks every hockey code for everyone everywhere. You don't hit a guy who is down on the ice. Orpik you did it and I believe he deliberatly took that shot at Marchand. Thorton, you decked a guy who was under you on the ice... classless plays all around from everyone. These are 2 top teams but no top players.

Orpik - 3 games

Thorton - 7games

are you sure of what you saw? Neal was the one who kneed Marchand.

Edited by weave

Here is what I wanna see.

Neal 15-20 Games

Thoronton 15-20 Games

Will it happen? No but that's would both would deserve. I am sick of these 3-5 game suspensions for incidents like that. They will not learn until you hand out big suspensions.

Scott get's 10 for an elbow to the head as a first time offender and Neal get's up to 5 games only as a repeat offender and a knee to the head? Are you kidding me?

I am already mad about the suspensions they will hand out to both because they will be not high enough.

Orpik - 3 games

Thorton - 7games

It was Neal on Marchand. Neal has a phone hearing for his transgression. Orpik hit Eriksson and that's what Thornton was retaliating against.

Thornton better get 20 games for the slew foot and subsequent punching of Orpik:

Here is what I wanna see.

Neal 15-20 Games

Thoronton 15-20 Games

Will it happen? No but that's would both would deserve. I am sick of these 3-5 game suspensions for incidents like that. They will not learn until you hand out big suspensions.

Scott get's 10 for an elbow to the head as a first time offender and Neal get's up to 5 games only as a repeat offender and a knee to the head? Are you kidding me?

I am already mad about the suspensions they will hand out to both because they will be not high enough.

Neal has a phone hearing. He'll get 5 games or less though he deserves more.

It was Neal on Marchand. Neal has a phone hearing for his transgression. Orpik hit Eriksson and that's what Thornton was retaliating against.

Thornton better get 20 games for the slew foot and subsequent punching of Orpik: https://vine.co/v/hQmwr2aI5BX

thornton was basically in tears talking about the incident after the game, but the slew footing piece of the incident takes it from bad to worse.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1B812AE9A31021266567067000832_15c8f641d1a.4.4.15308198952114286018_lY7lFVeH.fhkzwxRo40gBvSxs2lt7gWGMs8GrVZ2zrWFbF54dHziJLZa8MJ9LqGV.mp4?versionId=3TyS_d67PL9GjC43fGvt0mT6nFVC90_p

Got a chance to watch.... Neal cranking Marchand is just a really stupid play, although it was Marchand on the receiving end so meh.... Hell get 5 for sure.... That's probably a little less than adequate

As for the Thornton incident, you have to be as blind as Helen frickin Keller to compare that sh!t to anything near john Scott level... Slew foot, punching a defenseless unsuspecting man, a man who is down on the ice, and to keep the gloves on to top it all off.... Then to act like he did in his interview, Aw I'm so sorry, I feel sick, I know brooksie... Yadi yadi yadi.... Whatever

That should be 25 games minimum, no point in bitching about it tho because the league will do just enough to the players to be able to say, hey look we did something.... That is thuggery at its finest hour

The Neal and Scott incidents are very good comparisons.

How can you make a case that Neal deserves less than Scott?

If I am a logical human who really doesn't give a crap either way? I can't they are almost identical.

If I am Brenden Shenanigans? Neal plays for Pitt, scores goals, and money money money money money money money.

And what about Claude Julian ? He put Thornton on the ice to get retribution for the hit on Erickson which was clean imo. He apparently put him on the ice every time Orpik was out til he got him. The league has set a precedent in situations like this. I don't believe in punishing player selection but you have to wonder.

And what about Claude Julian ? He put Thornton on the ice to get retribution for the hit on Erickson which was clean imo. He apparently put him on the ice every time Orpik was out til he got him. The league has set a precedent in situations like this. I don't believe in punishing player selection but you have to wonder.

That's pretty serious if true. Link?

Interesting. I don't think punishing for player selection is appropriate either, but as we know, that ship has sailed - provided the coach in question is not from Boston, evidently.

I don't imagine there's a link, but the read of the situation seems spot on. Thornton was clearly intent on engaging with Orpik in that situation. And it's a good call on the player selection precedent. But nothing will happen in that regard because Boston.

Will this do?

The Boston Bruins targeted Orpik early and often following a hit to forward Loui Eriksson in the opening minute, clearly believing that Orpik owed them a fight because of his hit.

Orpik's hit, which saw his right shoulder plant Eriksson in the chest, was deemed legal. Still, the Bruins — notably enforcer Shawn Thornton — challenged Orpik to fisticuffs on numerous occasions, apparently because Orpik chose to aggressively hit one of the Bruins marquee players.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/5215166-74/orpik-fight-penguins#axzz2mzVKi9JY

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.