Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

From the words of more than a few writers, that hit was brutal. He left his feet and everything. BizNasty probably getting 10 games for leaving the bench too.

Good guess? http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431975

"Bissonnette received a game misconduct - which calls for an automatic 10-game suspension - in the first period after leaving the bench to fight Kings forward Jordan Nolan in reaction to his hit on Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla."

"Bissonnette received a game misconduct - which calls for an automatic 10-game suspension - in the first period after leaving the bench to fight Kings forward Jordan Nolan in reaction to his hit on Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla."

That's probably 10 or 11 minutes game time :( - i think we can write Phoenix out of the race for the President's

It calls for a 10 game and a $10,000 fine to the coach. The NHL can rescind it though.

Mark Spector not a fan of Pat Kaleta.

(Why are there so many 'Spector' in hockey media? - Mark, Jesse and Lyle Richardson who goes under the name Spector)

http://www.sportsnet...ill-contenders/

There seemed to be many players on the Canadians who were a little upset with Pat, calling him a coward and a cheap shot artist basically. Better watch out, the fans may have the police issue a warrant for his arrest next time he has to go play in montreal......

still managed to be louder than the FNC.

ku-bigpic.jpg

:ph34r:

I'm shocked more rinks don't look like this in the pre-season Edited by apuszczalowski

An interesting list here:

http://espn.go.com/n...rs/goaltenders.

Interesting to see Miller at 14 despite back-to-back "poor" seasons.

Bets on how long it takes reaction to devolve into the usual Miller-fest?

(For the record, I think Miller is going to have a stellar season and will be ranked much higher next year, wherever he ends up.)

Edited by dudacek

I'm shocked more rinks don't look like this in the pre-season

I guess I would be shocked if they were. Hockey is a great sport and deserves whatever attention it gets. I think it makes a market like Buffalo look good when fans mob the local rink pre-pre-season practice sessions. Would they rather get a little too much attention sometimes, or play in a place where hardly anyone gives a damn? Money isn't everything.

Better not tuck your jersey in the back of your pants this year.

First offense gets a warning; second offense gets a minor penalty; third gets a misconduct; fourth gets a game misconduct.

Stupid. Somehow GM's voted on this and didn't want exposed flesh and players getting hurt. Dumb.

First offense gets a warning; second offense gets a minor penalty; third gets a misconduct; fourth gets a game misconduct.

Stupid. Somehow GM's voted on this and didn't want exposed flesh and players getting hurt. Dumb.

There has been speculation that this is a preliminary step to eventual advertising logos at the bottom-rear of the jersey. Actually, I always it would be a good idea to make the players wear their jerseys outside the pants in the back to prevent the puck from dropping in there and causing a stoppage in play (yeah, like that happens so often....) Oh, well....

hBFCcrv.gif

For reasons I cannot explain I find this hilarious!

GM's meeting

So guys we have a couple of things I want you to vote on here in regards to player safety.

First, llegal hits to the head resulting from injuries: How do you vote? YAY!

Second: Untucked shirts: NO!!!! BOOOO!!! That is unsightly!!!

You ate my sister!

kid_f_off.jpg

I don't really know where this came from originally, but it's on theregister.co.uk. I'm almost wonder if it's NHL-related, since the rest of the shirt/jersey doesn't seem to bare any resemblence to the Canes.

holy crap Nathan Gerbe is pissed at us...

You ate my sister!

kid_f_off.jpg

I don't really know where this came from originally, but it's on theregister.co.uk. I'm almost wonder if it's NHL-related, since the rest of the shirt/jersey doesn't seem to bare any resemblence to the Canes.

photoshop. there's no wrinkle in the hurricane. but u knew that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.