Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Kadri gets his bridge:

@TheFourthPeriod

Leafs sign Kadri to 2 year contract

Dan Rosen@drosennhl28m

Now Franson should come in at $2 mil and the Leafs will be set with zero wiggle room. I also think Kadri's deal impacts Stepan and Hodgson.

Dan Rosen@drosennhl28m

Stepan should get more than $2.9 mil per because he has done more, proven more. Hodgson maybe right around $2.9 or slightly less.

I'd rather see a 2nd OT period with this before going to shootouts:

@NBCSports

3-on-3 overtime seems to be gaining support among NHL GMs. Something you'd like to see? http://tw.nbcsports.com/b2c

They should try that out in the AHL first to see if it actually increases scoring rates or non-shootout finish rates, and to see how exactly insanely gimmick-y that will look. Not saying it wouldn't be fun, but if it doesn't decrease the chance of going to SO, or it doesn't correlate at all to team ability, it's all for show.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

They should try that out in the AHL first to see if it actually increases scoring rates or non-shootout finish rates, and to see how exactly insanely gimmick-y that will look. Not saying it wouldn't be fun, but if it doesn't decrease the chance of going to SO, or it doesn't correlate at all to team ability, it's all for show.

I agree. That's the way they experimented with hybrid icing that we'll now see in this NHL preseason.

Canes Joni Pitkanen is going to miss the whole season because of his heal bone fracture.

That is a major blow to an already questionable defense.

Whoever asked about the trade deadline this year, it's March 5th.

So basically it will be quiet til after the Olympics on the trade front.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

May be 2 new faces on TOR D. Paul Ranger, assuming he's "all in" for NHL return, is top 4 freebie. Don't overlook T.J. Brennan as Top 7 guy.

Our TJ Brennan? That guy? Yea maybe but when he was here, he looked really soft in his own end. Gerbe could have checked him off the puck.

Interesting.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 20m

Not exactly sure why, but it appears as if there is some complication between Daniel Cleary and PHI. Told he will not be joining Flyers.

I'm betting that they were trying to circumvent the cap and the NHL stepped in to negate their "arrangement".

Interesting.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 20m

Not exactly sure why, but it appears as if there is some complication between Daniel Cleary and PHI. Told he will not be joining Flyers.

@TSN_Sports

Free agent Cleary staying with Red Wings for training camp: Go to TSN.ca for details. #TSN http://bit.ly/1emkUTH

Update:

@Nichols_NHLPool

Daniel Cleary will sign w/ #RedWings tonight. Via @HeleneStJames

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Dallas Stars@DallasStars 1m

Coach Lindy Ruff on the ice with the #Stars for the first time. pic.twitter.com/ebLXTPaUpX

He looks ummm good in green? I have to say that I really like what I heard out of Rolston the other day and I wish Lindy the best.

Chris Nichols@Nichols_NHLPool

#Leafs' Joffrey Lupul (back spasms, Brooks Laich (lower body) missing time; Marc-Andre Fleury has given up four quickies in #Pens' camp.

There is a joke in here somewhere I know it!!!

Edited by LGR4GM

Dallas Stars@DallasStars 1m

Coach Lindy Ruff on the ice with the #Stars for the first time. pic.twitter.com/ebLXTPaUpX

He looks ummm good in green? I have to say that I really like what I heard out of Rolston the other day and I wish Lindy the best.

Chris Nichols@Nichols_NHLPool

#Leafs' Joffrey Lupul (back spasms, Brooks Laich (lower body) missing time; Marc-Andre Fleury has given up four quickies in #Pens' camp.

There is a joke in here somewhere I know it!!!

Saw an article this morning that was a link from the Vanek story that says Bylsma believes Fleury and Vokoun is the best goalie tandem in the league. I didn't realise Vokoun was THAT good

**Fleury, the most overrated goaltender in Hockey**

Saw an article this morning that was a link from the Vanek story that says Bylsma believes Fleury and Vokoun is the best goalie tandem in the league. I didn't realise Vokoun was THAT good

**Fleury, the most overrated goaltender in Hockey**

I don't know, did you read the playoffs thread last season? Vokoun got his balls washed and waxed here by at least one poster who just couldn't believe that anyone believes Miller is a better goalie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.