Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Which is why having the Harbor Center right next door is so awesome!

1 day off in all preseason is probably a good thing. I am sure guys will still come in and workout and do off ice stuff.

New CBA states that they get mandatory day offs within certain time periods. Busy now to look it up but it's in there.

Isn't the "Shanaban rule": phone call:1-2 games; in person: more?

That's generally how it ends up, but I think the official rule is an in-person hearing allows suspensions of 5 games or more, but does not require it. Phone hearings are a max of 4 games. I think.

Phone calls are 0-10 games.

In person could bring more than 10 games.

I thought the threshold was 5? If you're right, I was both late and incorrect. Lovely :lol:

clearly they should've drafted risto

http://www.edmontonj...4931/story.html

Yea I commented on that somewhere else...

Basically I found it interesting that Nurse was taking at 7 and Risto 8. Now Nurse could have more upside in the long run but Devine said in all the draft stuff that Risto was the most NHL ready defender outside of Jones. It appears that the Sabres still believe that. Nurse will be back next year and make the team... may even get called up this season.

Yea I commented on that somewhere else...

Basically I found it interesting that Nurse was taking at 7 and Risto 8. Now Nurse could have more upside in the long run but Devine said in all the draft stuff that Risto was the most NHL ready defender outside of Jones. It appears that the Sabres still believe that. Nurse will be back next year and make the team... may even get called up this season.

He can only be called up this season under emergency circumstances if I'm remembering that correctly.

clearly they should've drafted risto

http://www.edmontonj...4931/story.html

From what i have read on twitter, Nurse played real well but the Oilers just didn't want to rush him too fast. I don't think sending him back to juniors is a knock on him nor do i think it makes Risto the better pick yet because he made the Sabres.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

Tim Thomas and FLA have contract terms in place, signing will occur once FLA ownership change is official, perhaps today or tomorrow.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

If it's done today, Thomas could be in lineup for pre-season game tonight. Deal, when signed, will be 1 year, AAV likely between $3M-$4M.

Tim Thomas I guess will be the Panthers #1? Not really sure how goaltending will work in Sunrise now.

Derek Stepan gets new 2yr bridge deal

John Shannon@JSportsnet 2m

Derek Stepan had a new 2 year deal with the NYR.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.