Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Gerbe

Good for him, he is proving the Sabres wrong thus far.

Over the summer, Gerbe was exactly the kind of player Muller wanted to add in his quest to make the Hurricanes tougher to play against. Gerbe has delivered, although Muller would like to see his style become a little more contagious. The last few games, it has been.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Looks like Kadri is likely to miss the upcoming home-and-home with the Sabres. Two cheap shots in the same game.

He's a Leaf. Suspension: Well, we'll deal with that after the weekend. In the meantime, he's free to play. After the weekend, he's still a Leaf. Time served.

@JSportsnet

Can confirm that Leafs' Kadri will have a hearing this afternoon for the collision with Wild goalie Backstrom.

@JSportsnet

And for those asking...it will be a phone hearing, for Kadri with the NHL Player Safety group.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Kadri hearing with NHL at 1 pm ET for hitting Backstrom. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691476 …

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@JSportsnet

Can confirm that Leafs' Kadri will have a hearing this afternoon for the collision with Wild goalie Backstrom.

@JSportsnet

And for those asking...it will be a phone hearing, for Kadri with the NHL Player Safety group.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Kadri hearing with NHL at 1 pm ET for hitting Backstrom. http://www.nhl.com/i...htm?id=691476 …

I'll be very interested to see where they go with the video explanation for him. The match penalty was definitely a makeup call. That was was barely even a penalty at all. Backstrom on the other hand, wow that one was blatant.

Gotta agree with Shrader. I just watched about 10 replays of the Backstrom hit, he puts his forearm right through Backstroms face. The Avalanche should have dropped Kadri after that. Minimum 5games but he is a leaf so I will say 2 games because some ###### about no prior history.

Here is a link to the videos

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/wild/2013/11/13/niklas-backstrom-leaves-game-nazem-kadri/3521953/

Gotta agree with Shrader. I just watched about 10 replays of the Backstrom hit, he puts his forearm right through Backstroms face. The Avalanche should have dropped Kadri after that. Minimum 5games but he is a leaf so I will say 2 games because some ###### about no prior history.

Here is a link to the videos

http://www.usatoday....-kadri/3521953/

Man. What a ###### hit. I hadn't seen the video until this morning- at first glance it looked like he tripped, then I realized he bulled the goalie over then did a ballerina swan dive that culminated in a WWE finishing move. Seriously, what was he thinking? No one even pushed him! I hope Backstrom is ok. Never want to see a goalie lying motionless in the crease. Kadri... Well, I hope justice is served.

Well John Scott had no priors and his hit was not as bad as Kadris. So in theory 10 games. Sadly this is Shanahan, so 1 game will be my guess

it is a phone hearing from all accounts so max is 5 games... Leafs are a major market and Kadri is major part of their team = less/no suspension

Minnesota may flip a lid at Shenanigans if he doesn't do something... it should be at least 10, max can be 5, I bet he gets 2.

Well Kadri is skating and practicing after his phone hearing. If there is no suspension or its some bs like 1 game... Shenanigans needs to go. His credibility to me is already highly questionable. This would eliminate it.

Chris Johnston@reporterchris

With his discipline hearing over, Nazem Kadri is on the ice with the #leafs for practice at First Niagara Center.

Edited by LGR4GM

it is a phone hearing from all accounts so max is 5 games... Leafs are a major market and Kadri is major part of their team = less/no suspension

Minnesota may flip a lid at Shenanigans if he doesn't do something... it should be at least 10, max can be 5, I bet he gets 2.

Well Kadri is skating and practicing after his phone hearing. If there is no suspension or its some bs like 1 game... Shenanigans needs to go. His credibility to me is already highly questionable. This would eliminate it.

Chris Johnston@reporterchris

With his discipline hearing over, Nazem Kadri is on the ice with the #leafs for practice at First Niagara Center.

him not being suspended is bullsh!t. Both of those hits are ridiculous, and had he been wearing almost any other uniform, his ass would've been plastered all over NBCSN with Milbury crying about how dirty he is.

him not being suspended is bullsh!t. Both of those hits are ridiculous, and had he been wearing almost any other uniform, his ass would've been plastered all over NBCSN with Milbury crying about how dirty he is.

Suspended players are allowed to practice with the team. Him being on ice means nothing WRT being suspended.

Man. What a ###### hit. I hadn't seen the video until this morning- at first glance it looked like he tripped, then I realized he bulled the goalie over then did a ballerina swan dive that culminated in a WWE finishing move. Seriously, what was he thinking? No one even pushed him! I hope Backstrom is ok. Never want to see a goalie lying motionless in the crease. Kadri... Well, I hope justice is served.

This is like dealing with a bully at school. You can suspend a player/student, have meetings and such, but the only real deterrent is for someone to beat the hell out of the bully in front of a lot of people. Did anyone beat the hell out of Kadri? There will ALWAYS be players like this as long as the game exists; and the only effective antidote is a good beating.

One can argue that they could adopt a zero-tolerance stance, and enforce it, but the result will be a game that few people will want to watch. Like it or not, people like their violence and drama; see the entertainment industry.

This is like dealing with a bully at school. You can suspend a player/student, have meetings and such, but the only real deterrent is for someone to beat the hell out of the bully in front of a lot of people. Did anyone beat the hell out of Kadri? There will ALWAYS be players like this as long as the game exists; and the only effective antidote is a good beating.

Just can't be the Sabres or Shanaban will figure out a way to suspend the franchise for 10 games. At least it wouldn't hurt our place in the standings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.