Darcy webstream June 20

spndnchz

I am happy that the Sabres realize when a prize is too much and walk away. I am also very happy that the Sabres are not run trying to keep Jeremy White happy.

Fucale at 16 though? Sounds to me like they think someone below us wants Fucale and we want to steal their candy.

Maybe Calgary at 22. Devine also mentioned a drop off btw after 20/25 so who knows, we shall see.

If it is Calgary maybe a plan to take #16 and turn it into 22+28

OR

#16 + #38 for #22 + #28

OR

16 + 52 for 22 + 28

I am happy that the Sabres realize when a prize is too much and walk away. I am also very happy that the Sabres are not run trying to keep Jeremy White happy.

Fucale at 16 though? Sounds to me like they think someone below us wants Fucale and we want to steal their candy.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they take Fucale at 16. It's too talented a draft to walk away with anything other than two skaters with our two first rounders.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they take Fucale at 16. It's too talented a draft to walk away with anything other than two skaters with our two first rounders.

I'm with you.

I'm with both of you. It's getting crowded in here.

Every time Pegula or Regier opens his mouth, my excitement about the team and its future takes a massive nosedive. They shouldn't let these guys talk without also scheduling a Steve Ott press conference later in the day to help restore our collective sanity.

All those strings and posts about trading up using Vanek, Miller, Ennis and a green 1964 chevy etc. wasted. So much effort and reflection devoted to the task by posters ... Could have used that energy to rebuild the peace bridge.

And he still doesn't get it. Hilarious. Jeremy, if you ever read this forum, let me help you out: The Sabres will not trade up into the top-3(4) because the teams in the top-3(4) will not move down under any circumstances. You're welcome.

Besides, what Devine said is true. What he didn't say, however, was sacrificing that depth is why they won't move up. But hey, Jeremy White can just ramble on nonsensically if he so chooses.

I've been beating that drum for the last 5 years now it seems. Other than Toronto stupidly trading away a 1st round pick and then tanking immediately afterwards, no one moves picks at the top of the 1st round.

All those strings and posts about trading up using Vanek, Miller, Ennis and a green 1964 chevy etc. wasted. So much effort and reflection devoted to the task by posters ... Could have used that energy to rebuild the peace bridge.

Perhaps someday we will be able to build bridges from our computers.

I've been beating that drum for the last 5 years now it seems. Other than Toronto stupidly trading away a 1st round pick and then tanking immediately afterwards, no one moves picks at the top of the 1st round.

I can't remember if it was serious or not, but did someone offer all their draft picks for #1 overall last year? Thinking about it with the numbers, I'd probably keep the #1 unless that first-round pick I was getting back was 2-15. After that, it's too much of a crap-shoot.

But hey, Jeremy White can just ramble on nonsensically if he so chooses.

I don't envy his job, but I really don't like his shtick.

A guy called yesterday morning - said his name was Mike - and he (Mike) presented (or started to present) in a reasonable and reasoned tone an overview of Darcy's failings as a GM. White let him get as far as "2 impact players from 1st round draft picks in 16 years ..." before cutting him off and asking him who the two were. Mike replied, more or less, Vanek and Myers (in his Calder year, anyway).

White then started on this tirade of all the "impact" players Regier had chosen in round 1, including ... wait for it ... Drew Stafford. Oh, and also Dmitri Kalinin. White did this by referencing Stafford's 30-goal season and also transitioning from the threshold of "impact players" to "NHL players." Hence, he was also able to toss Dan Yippee Paille Motherfunkster in there as well.

The whole segment made me want to drive to the station and punch him in the face. Not just for its content, but for the way it shut down a very good call.

All of which, I realize, is really just his job. Troll and agitate the listeners.

I very rarely listen to GR in the morning. And then when I do, I remember why I don't.

Do I of all people have to be the voice of reason? What's in it for the Sabres in tipping their hand? Who were they talking to today, us or the rest of the league?

The reason I think everybody gets worried is because of Darcy's tone. He always sounds so defeated. So it makes you believe everything he's saying. I'd say that's probably a good negotiating tactic but Darcy is, well, Darcy.

DR spoke to Ryan's agent last week

And signed Enroth this week. I think Millers agent said "Ryan wants out" - either now or in a year. We will have 3 first round picks. 8, 16, and something somewhere for Miller. If we do I can see one of the later picks on Fucale.

Archived