Lindy Ruff watch

spndnchz

This was a question I had: Is this in fact how it always goes down? Don't teams often fire coaches as well? Or is this a post-season/in-season distinction? I go back to a point I made earlier: Teams aren't necessarily within their contractual rights to tell a coach, "You're done behind the bench, but you're still under contract, so go home and relax." In theory, a coach should be able to respond, "Hell no -- you breached our agreement -- I'm outta here."

I would think the club would close to automatically release the coach to talk elsewhere should he want to, so I don't think a fired coach would actually need to tell the club to go stuff themselves, should he want to sign elsewhere, after being relieved?

If the Sabres wanted they could make sure Ruff doesn't do anything with his life for the next 5 years (or however long remains) because he is employed by them. I hope Ruff gets NYR - would be a good fit

Kind of. If they really tried to do it, it would turn into a legal matter and the Sabres would lose.

that would depend on the langauge of the contract i would guess. The ole moved to a advisory position goes as far back as i can remember (20-30 years).

true, that. i guess each situation is its own animal -- there is no one-size-fits-all scenario.

Best Tyler Ennis avatar ever.

Out. Standing.

post-760-0-89902900-1370963495_thumb.png

(Don't forget to crop out half the face in order to confound Google's image searching capability.)

(Btw, if you search that avatar in Google for "visually similar images"*** you get a truly, truly bizarre collection -- predominated by close-ups of eczema and other skin afflictions as well as lots of clinical-style shots of nude torsos (male and female)).

I was thinking it was from the cover of an Emerson Lake and Palmer album.........

Here it is....

emerson-lake-and-palmer-trilogy-20120626090006.jpg

Also a very strong offering.

*** Click if you dare.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&sa=X&tbs=simg:CAESWRpXCxCo1NgEGgQIAggFDAsQsIynCBouCiwIARIGtAfmBe4FGiD0vAVIyIGpp_1Job4RslXa53HFYmiX5x3_1KNStvi4awpAwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBJ-73p8M&tbm=isch&ei=RD-3UfaaMNKJrQH8nYDQCA&ved=0CCoQsw4&biw=1152&bih=639

Archived