Lindy Ruff watch

spndnchz

It doesn't concern you at all that Rolston's top choices all chose to stay where they were? NHL jobs, the pinnacle of the profession, aren't exactly common. I find it bothersome that something about the franchise has been able to offset the pull of an NHL job. I'm not a big "coaching matters soooooo much" guy by a long shot, but it does seem like we'll be getting a second-rate staff.

Going from AHL head coach to assistant at the NHL is not always seen as a promotion.

More security staying at the AHL - and waiting for a Head Coach NHL job to open - like Dineen, Eakins, etc.

I was under the impression he had interviewed college coaches.

I think he was trying to get Morris for one.

The NCAA is a pretty secure gig these days for successful programs as well.

Much less security in the Ass. Coaching ranks.

I don't think he has to hurry - but it would be nice to have coaches for D camp.

I'm twitter stupid...but this looks reputable - He's the Dallas beat guy.

Mike Heika@MikeHeika2m

According to source, Stars have agreed to terms with Lindy Ruff and will introduce him as new coach at press conference today.

@Nichols_NHLPool

Source tells @MikeHeika Dallas #Stars have agreed to terms with Lindy Ruff and will introduce him as new coach at press conference today.

@Nichols_NHLPool

GM Jim Nill on Lindy Ruff: "His steady hand and experience will prove invaluable in returning our team as a top-tier contender in the NHL."

@Nichols_NHLPool

Source tells @MikeHeika Dallas #Stars have agreed to terms with Lindy Ruff and will introduce him as new coach at press conference today.

@Nichols_NHLPool

GM Jim Nill on Lindy Ruff: "His steady hand and experience will prove invaluable in returning our team as a top-tier contender in the NHL."

I wonder if he signed a 15 year contract with Nill.

It doesn't concern you at all that Rolston's top choices all chose to stay where they were? NHL jobs, the pinnacle of the profession, aren't exactly common. I find it bothersome that something about the franchise has been able to offset the pull of an NHL job. I'm not a big "coaching matters soooooo much" guy by a long shot, but it does seem like we'll be getting a second-rate staff.

I'm guessing nobody want to stick their neck under the guillotine hoping that the blade doesn't fall. The Sabres coaching situation can only be describe as tenuous at best.

This belongs in another thread, but when the concept of Hockey Heaven's clarion call fails so miserably, you'd think Terry would ask why and make changes. You'd think.

I'm guessing nobody want to stick their neck under the guillotine hoping that the blade doesn't fall. The Sabres coaching situation can only be describe as tenuous at best.

While this may not be how Terry sees things, I'm sure there are more than few people expecting Darcy to be the next one gone as well.

Nobody wants to be hired by the coach who was just appointed by the GM who was just fired.

Vigneault is good. For old timers - interesting fact on Alain Vigneault - two of his Head Coaches in juniors - Guy Trottier, and Marcel Pronovost.

Vigneault is good, indeed, but Ruff's system with that Rags roster would be dangerous.

22nd coach in franchise history? So they've had 22 coaches in 22 years ?

I think they include the North Stars in that.

Congrats to Lindy. Not a bad landing spot for him, all things considered. The Stars have some nice young talent to work with.

Welp, Lindy being hired right away wasn't surprising to me, but there's a few around here that wanted to use the metric of how long it took him to be rehired as a benchmark regarding "how good of a coach" he is. Several of the Lindy unfaithful wanted to believe this day would take a long damn time to come.

In before "he's a good coach, Sabres just needed a change," because that opinion isn't the one I'm referring to. I'm referring to the general opinion of "he's a ###### coach" attached to "everyone in the NHL knows it" and supplemented by "who would ever want to hire this guy?"

Who were his top choices? I don't see an issue because assistants weren't hired immediately. Nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes. Between meeting with the staff and the front office, setting a plan for next year, determining what needs to be addressed, and for all we know Rolston might be eyeing somebody who is still in the playoffs. This is the first time Rolston has been in a position to add input as to what needs to be done with the team. Not adding assistants the same week Rolston was announced as coach just doesn't seem like an issue.

Welp, Lindy being hired right away wasn't surprising to me, but there's a few around here that wanted to use the metric of how long it took him to be rehired as a benchmark regarding "how good of a coach" he is. Several of the Lindy unfaithful wanted to believe this day would take a long damn time to come.

In before "he's a good coach, Sabres just needed a change," because that opinion isn't the one I'm referring to. I'm referring to the general opinion of "he's a ###### coach" attached to "everyone in the NHL knows it" and supplemented by "who would ever want to hire this guy?"

He took the only job available and Dallas took the best coach left. I said it a month ago it was Dallas or Bust.

Lindy's a decent coach. He has tragic flaws that were obvious after seeing him for so long whether some want to admit it. I wish him well, but he's in tough.......3 years from now it will be interesting to see if he has a playoff series victory

He got the last job available and his only competition came down to Torts. I'm not entirely surprised Lindy was the last coach hired. And it appeared to me he was not Dallas' first choice.

Archived