Lindy Ruff watch

spndnchz

He took the only job available and Dallas took the best coach left. I said it a month ago it was Dallas or Bust.

Jobs open up. There was nothing compelling him to take Dallas. Dallas or Bust sounds a bit hyperbolic.

There will be those on the hot seat. Lindy's name wasn't going to go away.

Jobs open up. There was nothing compelling him to take Dallas. Dallas or Bust sounds a bit hyperbolic.

There will be those on the hot seat. Lindy's name wasn't going to go away.

Who here said he wouldn't get hired or that he wouldn't be a constant candidate?

When reports came out and said he was the favorite in Vancouver and you can bet on it....I offered to wager that there was no way he would end up there. NY...no way he was headed there either.

The shocking thing is that Ruff wasn't even mentioned in Edmonton....pretty much his hometown, on a team with tons of young talent.

Dallas or Bust....I said it, it happened.....

Vancouver is waiting on Torts to figure out his plan.......

Who here said he wouldn't get hired or that he wouldn't be a constant candidate?

When reports came out and said he was the favorite in Vancouver and you can bet on it....I offered to wager that there was no way he would end up there. NY...no way he was headed there either.

The shocking thing is that Ruff wasn't even mentioned in Edmonton....pretty much his hometown, on a team with tons of young talent.

Dallas or Bust....I said it, it happened.....

Vancouver is waiting on Torts to figure out his plan.......

Okay....good call then.....I think it was the "Bust" part I wasn't getting, to my ear I thought you were suggesting he was unemployable otherwise.

So you still think Ruff ends up in NY?

I think the rest of the league knows what the deal is. A 38 year old Lindy may have been a good fit. Dallas or Bust.

And I did not bag on Ruff.....I responded to those who gloated directly at me and wanted to compare a GM who has Cup rings on both his hands from coaching and managing, and a coach who has won a Cup while winning 3 playoff series in the past 12 months, to Darcy and Lindy.

I would love to see Torts coach the US olympic team. He'd be perfect for them.

Yeah....that's why Lindy is in tough. The top 2 openings are of teams that 1) Took every power forward off the Sabres roster that failed to thrive under Ruff (Pyatt, Bernier, Torres, Mancari, Kassian)...and the other just had a coach that was a more concentrated version of Ruff, at least personality-wise. I do think that behind closed doors, Torts is more of a philosopher/general, and Lindy is more a teacher.

Lindy and Dallas are shooting goo-goo eyes at each other like two fatties at the prom......

Not at all....I've said from Day 1 Dallas is the only place for Lindy.

Torts goes to Vancouver or heads up an Olympic group for next year.

I feel bad for Ruff supporters, because I don't think you are going to see Lindy have much success in Dallas. What I find sad is that Ruff wasn't even whispered for his hometown gig in Edmonton. He would have been salivating to get his hands on all that young, soft talent!

Lindy should have jumped at Tampa. He was a decent fit and liked the area.

Okay....good call then.....I think it was the "Bust" part I wasn't getting, to my ear I thought you were suggesting he was unemployable otherwise.

I've always said Lindy is a decent coach and can be even better and on his game in the playoffs. It was just so obvious that the groupthink and status quo in Buffalo for so long needed to get dismantled. In fact, you would be hard-pressed to find one poster here that has said Ruff would not get hired somewhere at some point.

I HAVE said there is 0.01% chance Darcy Regier would get another NHL GM job if he ever left Buffalo.

No need to douche it up when I've already ceded the point.

Maybe I'm posting from work and something work-related drew my attention away from the post I started editting for five minutes and I didn't care to read the updates before I sent the post off.

Or maybe if you cared enough to know what you're talking about, I wouldn't have to consider sending that post in the first place. :D

###### happens. Let's call it even.

??

The Rangers have made several decisions that have not work out well for them recently, IMO..Result. big budget, no cup. no scoring, SO why would they make the right decision and hire the perfect fit for their scheme/system. They did not... Another bad decision. They are on a run. Ruff was perfect.

I've always said Lindy is a decent coach and can be even better and on his game in the playoffs. It was just so obvious that the groupthink and status quo in Buffalo for so long needed to get dismantled. In fact, you would be hard-pressed to find one poster here that has said Ruff would not get hired somewhere at some point.

I HAVE said there is 0.01% chance Darcy Regier would get another NHL GM job if he ever left Buffalo.

I actually think Dallas is a good spot for Lindy because they can only really move up and Nill is going to use a patient model. I think Torts job in Vancouver is a trickier, because that franchise is already declining IMO.

I actually think Dallas is a good spot for Lindy because they can only really move up and Nill is going to use a patient model. I think Torts job in Vancouver is a trickier, because that franchise is already declining IMO.

Bang on. Fireworks are coming in Vancouver because of an impatient market and a team whose window has closed.

That will be true no matter who is coaching.

Jim Nill will be taking the long view with a low-expectation team and any coach would smart to hitch his wagon to him.

Bang on. Fireworks are coming in Vancouver because of an impatient market and a team whose window has closed.

That will be true no matter who is coaching.

Jim Nill will be taking the long view with a low-expectation team and any coach would smart to hitch his wagon to him.

Nill with Lindy.....I would have liked that in Buffalo.

Archived