Lindy Ruff watch

spndnchz

Not at all....I've said from Day 1 Dallas is the only place for Lindy.

Torts goes to Vancouver or heads up an Olympic group for next year.

I feel bad for Ruff supporters, because I don't think you are going to see Lindy have much success in Dallas. What I find sad is that Ruff wasn't even whispered for his hometown gig in Edmonton. He would have been salivating to get his hands on all that young, soft talent!

Lindy should have jumped at Tampa. He was a decent fit and liked the area.

As far as Dallas goes, I'd like to think Nill is competent and will get things going in the right direction. And they have some good players in place (Benn, Ericsson)...but man, Nieuwendyk really set them back by dealing futures for older players who belong on a contender, not a fringe playoff team.

I'm actually surprised..... I figured a washed up, over-the-hill apathetic soft-coach would generate little interest in the league. Guess there are teams even worse than the Sabres. :)

Yeah, teams bad enough to be looking at their 2nd/3rd choice because the others chose to coach elsewhere. ;)

I have finally decided how I feel about this.

When I read that Lindy was going to coach in Dallas, it gave me a feeling I haven't had since high school.

Here goes:

Lindy being hired by Dallas reminds me of when you would break up with a girl because you realized that you really didn't like her anymore, but a few weeks later, when you found out she was dating another guy then you sort of wished you didn't dump her and kind of wanted her back.

Especially since in this case your new girlfriend (Ron rolston, if you'll stick with the metaphor) is even more lame than the girl you just dumped.

Why?

It doesn't concern you at all that Rolston's top choices all chose to stay where they were? NHL jobs, the pinnacle of the profession, aren't exactly common. I find it bothersome that something about the franchise has been able to offset the pull of an NHL job. I'm not a big "coaching matters soooooo much" guy by a long shot, but it does seem like we'll be getting a second-rate staff.

It doesn't concern you at all that Rolston's top choices all chose to stay where they were? NHL jobs, the pinnacle of the profession, aren't exactly common. I find it bothersome that something about the franchise has been able to offset the pull of an NHL job. I'm not a big "coaching matters soooooo much" guy by a long shot, but it does seem like we'll be getting a second-rate staff.

A second rate staff seems like a step up from our third rate coach and our fourth rate GM.

Archived