Lindy Ruff watch

spndnchz

Yep. The game started on June 19th and technically ended on June 20th.

I wonder why he picked Dallas. Low taxes? Warm weather? The kelly green jerseys? Whataburger??

The only team that wanted him? I think it has been interesting how it looks like he was the second or third choice for a couple teams.

The only team that wanted him? I think it has been interesting how it looks like he was the second or third choice for a couple teams.

Kari Lehtonen just said, "Cool, I get to play 70 games a year!"

I think Jim Nils probably talked to Babcock.

What is Lindy going to do with Sergei Gonchar? I wonder.

Hmmmm

@DarrenDreger

Tortorella interviewed strong with the Stars. Nill is expected to spend a couple of days with Ruff before a final decision is made.

@DarrenDreger

While Lindy Ruff appears to have the inside track on the Dallas Stars coaching job, it's not done yet.

If the Stars choose Ruff over Torts, Drane's world will end.

What just happened here? Pretty airtight reporting that the CEO said Ruff was hired. And now he's not.

The thugs down in Big D are probably still working Lindy over until he finally cracks and admits that the Hull goal was legit ... then they will hold the hiring presser.

Picture, Dallas vs Sabres for the Cup next year. Sabres win with their foot in the crease.

I think I would need to take some sort of reality-altering narcotics to picture the Sabres making it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

If the Stars choose Ruff over Torts, Drane's world will end.

Not at all....I've said from Day 1 Dallas is the only place for Lindy.

Torts goes to Vancouver or heads up an Olympic group for next year.

I feel bad for Ruff supporters, because I don't think you are going to see Lindy have much success in Dallas. What I find sad is that Ruff wasn't even whispered for his hometown gig in Edmonton. He would have been salivating to get his hands on all that young, soft talent!

Lindy should have jumped at Tampa. He was a decent fit and liked the area.

Archived