Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

After seeing how real 3rd QB's play, there's no way we can let tuel get away now. Even if we bite the bullet and carry 3 qb's for this year, we need to keep him around. Also, how many waiver wire cornerbacks does everyone think we'll snag Saturday? They were pitiful tonight

The Bills top 4 CB didn't play

Last night across the league is the perfect argument to why the 4th preseason game needs to just go away. It only matters to a few fringe players trying to make the practice sqaud for most teams. It is an unnecessary risk to starters (so they sit) and teams don't want to show anything on film that their week one opponent could use.

Looking at the Bills schedule I think they go 4-12. They get 1 random win sometime early in the season and they beat the jets and dolphins. Outside of that, this team lacks the depth, talent, or drive to do much more.

I never put much stock into strength of schedule. Too many teams change year to year to get a clear picture.

In a related story...there's said to be a link found between losing sports teams and heavier fans...http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/08/28/study-link-found-between-losing-sports-teams-heavier-fans/

Wow, what a poorly written article. The study only found correlation between game outcomes and the consumption of foods with saturated fat. It doesn't even attempt to relate weight gain.

So I'm doing a charity walk through Boston to support cancer research next sunday. I will surrounded by Pats fans and walking in a large group of Pats fans. I will be doing all of this while wearing my Bills jersey. Why am I this stupid? They are going to get slaughtered yet I am still willingly sticking to my role as family whipping boy. Is it really worth that 0.01% chance where they actually win and make my whole day worthwhile?

So I'm doing a charity walk through Boston to support cancer research next sunday. I will surrounded by Pats fans and walking in a large group of Pats fans. I will be doing all of this while wearing my Bills jersey. Why am I this stupid? They are going to get slaughtered yet I am still willingly sticking to my role as family whipping boy. Is it really worth that 0.01% chance where they actually win and make my whole day worthwhile?

It's totally worth it. Here's the big conclusion about the Bills that everyone eventually comes to and learns to live with:

We root for the Bills because they're terrible. It's like accepting the fact that your only child will never amount to anything but at least he's not in prison. He's never going to move out of that room over the garage, or get married, or give you grandchildren, but he'll mow the lawn when you ask and you know he'll be there to take care of you when you get old. All it took was a lowering of expectations to achieve inner peace with the reality of the situation.

It's totally worth it. Here's the big conclusion about the Bills that everyone eventually comes to and learns to live with:

We root for the Bills because they're terrible. It's like accepting the fact that your only child will never amount to anything but at least he's not in prison. He's never going to move out of that room over the garage, or get married, or give you grandchildren, but he'll mow the lawn when you ask and you know he'll be there to take care of you when you get old. All it took was a lowering of expectations to achieve inner peace with the reality of the situation.

You're not old enough to remember the super bowl years, right? You're in that group where I really don't understand why they stomach the constant assault of bad football. They've never seen good football from this team. At least those who do remember the super bowls can look at them as trying to get back to those glory days and have the slightest glimmer of hope.

You're not old enough to remember the super bowl years, right? You're in that group where I really don't understand why they stomach the constant assault of bad football. They've never seen good football from this team. At least those who do remember the super bowls can look at them as trying to get back to those glory days and have the slightest glimmer of hope.

I remember them. I was very young but I remember them.

hww3ovz.jpg

Yes. Here's why: everybody expects the Pats to win handily, so when it happens, you just have to say something like "congrats on doing what you should have." But if the Bills pull the miracle? You can be relentless. It's almost all upside IMO.

acid wash?

Haha no that's my younger brother. I'm the idiot making the #1 sign with both fingers like an idiot.

Yes. Here's why: everybody expects the Pats to win handily, so when it happens, you just have to say something like "congrats on doing what you should have." But if the Bills pull the miracle? You can be relentless. It's almost all upside IMO.

Exactly. You might even get your ass kicked. That's success.

Lewis and Leinart gone.. Smith and Kolb on IR. I guess that means Manual and Tuel are the QBs. If Manuel isn't ready to go are they really prepared to go into game one with just Tuel? Did I miss a signing somewhere?

Edit: I see. They are at 50 now with the cuts and trolling the NFL flotsam for a QB.

Edited by wjag

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.