Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

How often do you see a blitz on that last second Hail Mary pass?

It was the best defensive call I've seen by the Bills in a long long time. It's makes all the sense in the world. It's a long developing play with an offensive line that has had difficulty protecting the QB. I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes a new trend.

My heart's been cold for the Bills for a long time. Something stirred in me today, something swelled up, and shifted. In my heart too. Two images of Manuel the last two weeks, jacking up the crowd and putting his head down, without helmet, crying maybe? In my best Jon Stewart voice, I say, "Go onnnnn…"

My heart's been cold for the Bills for a long time. Something stirred in me today, something swelled up, and shifted. In my heart too. Two images of Manuel the last two weeks, jacking up the crowd and putting his head down, without helmet, crying maybe? In my best Jon Stewart voice, I say, "Go onnnnn…"

Was it a move, or a shift?

I'm elated right now. Said it before, say it again...the Bills are trending up, even if it takes another year or two.

They got bitten by their own lack of aggressiveness. Some were complaining last week that the Bills should have done exactly what the Panthers did this week.

It goes beyond the click killing. I think a coach needs to go for the throat and go for it on that 4th down instead of kicking. What was it, about a yard and a half needed to clinch the win? At least we seem to have the aggressive coach who would try to put the game away right there.

They got bitten by their own lack of aggressiveness. Some were complaining last week that the Bills should have done exactly what the Panthers did this week.

That may be true and I thought that the bills shoulda done that last week, but I bet Carolina wasn't betting on Manuel driving the field with no time outs.... Either way I'm glad we got a call at the end and got the win.

It was the best defensive call I've seen by the Bills in a long long time. It's makes all the sense in the world. It's a long developing play with an offensive line that has had difficulty protecting the QB. I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes a new trend.

It's been standard practice against the Bills for about forever. Nice to see it go the other way.

As for the rest of the last few pages of this thread; it was funny to read! I actually--and I mean this--knew the Bills had it. All game. Not kidding. It just clicked after the first quarter, and I knew it was going the Bills' way. I was amazed to learn that people left the stadium when the team was down less than one big score with 1:30 left. It's like leaving a Sabres game with 1:30 left and a goal down. Stupid and shameful.

It's been standard practice against the Bills for about forever. Nice to see it go the other way.

As for the rest of the last few pages of this thread; it was funny to read! I actually--and I mean this--knew the Bills had it. All game. Not kidding. It just clicked after the first quarter, and I knew it was going the Bills' way. I was amazed to learn that people left the stadium when the team was down less than one big score with 1:30 left. It's like leaving a Sabres game with 1:30 left and a goal down. Stupid and shameful.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. They were always down by less than a touchdown. Bulldog said a woman stopped him in the parking lot and asked "Did they actually win that game?"

What the hell is wrong with the "diehard" fans in Buffalo that they'd rather try to beat traffic than stick around to see if their rookie QB can engineer an amazing comeback? Pretty astonishing that that was a thing today.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. They were always down by less than a touchdown. Bulldog said a woman stopped him in the parking lot and asked "Did they actually win that game?"

What the hell is wrong with the "diehard" fans in Buffalo that they'd rather try to beat traffic than stick around to see if their rookie QB can engineer an amazing comeback? Pretty astonishing that that was a thing today.

Manuel became the fifth NFL rookie since 1960 to engineer a fourth-quarter comeback in his first or second game.

Manuel became the fifth NFL rookie since 1960 to engineer a fourth-quarter comeback in his first or second game.

That's one way of explaining it. Another is to say that the Bills have cultivated reliable expectations over the years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.