Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Yeah.... she was back to her earlier season form of "part lips slightly, open eyes a liiiiittle wider than usual, and stare dully into the distance". Like, I get it's hard to convey emotion at nothing (or a dude with a mocap tennis ball on a wire or something) but yeah... it was pretty bad. She didn't even really breathe harder, or knit her brows, or anything... just... ah yep, another pretty Dany shot. Kay. 

Sooo does wight dragon spew cold breath that like... super freezes things so you can shatter them into a million pieces now

Don't hate here because she's pretty

Yes, instead of Mr. Freeze in Batman, we'll get Viserion Freeze being rode by the Night King.

yeahhh I'mma go with transparent crystal + shadows n stuff. 

But hey, who knows! If Jon Snow can somehow survive a dump into freezing water with all that gear/furs/leather on and the subsequent subzero hourish long ride back without succumbing to hypothermia... anything's possible. Unless he's an Other... oooo

Stupid fans complained that there was too much female nudity.

:(

Yikes. Fans complained that there was too much needless rape of female characters. I don't think D&D know this difference between rape and sex that's, y'know, great.

Also when are named characters gonna start dropping? Thoros isn't doing it for me.

And someone's really gotta show D&D a map.

(Okay, I'm leaving! Don't wanna hurt any feelings)

This whole season is just lacking depth. They're rushing it. They set the limit at 8 seasons and now are like "oh , guess we got to wrap this up". Its good television, but bad Game of Thrones, which is sad.

On the upshot, I'm back to actually looking forward to reading the new books again. *cries*

This whole season is just lacking depth. They're rushing it. They set the limit at 8 seasons and now are like "oh ######, guess we got to wrap this up". Its good television, but bad Game of Thrones, which is sad.

I wouldn't have agreed with this before the last 2 episodes, but I do now. It feels like they want to wrap it up and GTFO. Disappointing, although they get a shot at redemption on Sunday.

I wouldn't have agreed with this before the last 2 episodes, but I do now. It feels like they want to wrap it up and GTFO. Disappointing, although they get a shot at redemption on Sunday.

I don't really think it's them. Keep in mind this is what, the first season without a book? They don't really have anything to go off of than the main plot points Martin has given them; there is no substance because, well, he never wrote it.

This whole season is just lacking depth. They're rushing it. They set the limit at 8 seasons and now are like "oh ######, guess we got to wrap this up". Its good television, but bad Game of Thrones, which is sad.

On the upshot, I'm back to actually looking forward to reading the new books again. *cries*

It's weird they chose to do only 8 episodes this season, then had to extend the length of both episodes 7 and 8 (this Sunday is scheduled for 79 minutes).  They should've just stuck with 10 episodes and not rushed everything.  As cool as it was to see the dragons taking on the White Walkers last week, I was fully prepared to have to wait, and the faster-than-the-speed-of-light raven from Eastwatch to Dragonstone was a bit much.

It's weird they chose to do only 8 episodes this season, then had to extend the length of both episodes 7 and 8 (this Sunday is scheduled for 79 minutes).  They should've just stuck with 10 episodes and not rushed everything.  As cool as it was to see the dragons taking on the White Walkers last week, I was fully prepared to have to wait, and the faster-than-the-speed-of-light raven from Eastwatch to Dragonstone was a bit much.

You are going to be really bummed then that there are actually only 7 episodes this season. Season finale is Sunday.

Yeah, same. The first 4 episodes were very good,but now it seems like they're doing "We need to get person x to position y by time z to meet with person w" and just making that happen as quickly as possible.

I don't really think it's them. Keep in mind this is what, the first season without a book? They don't really have anything to go off of than the main plot points Martin has given them; there is no substance because, well, he never wrote it.

I totally agree; when D&D signed up for this they were supposed to be making the books into TV, not completely writing new ground. Still, I feel like they could do a better job if they'd expanded by another season, or even just made it back to 12 episodes a season instead of 7. I imagine a good portion of that is because the actors are just getting too damn expensive.

Yeah, same. The first 4 episodes were very good,but now it seems like they're doing "We need to get person x to position y by time z to meet with person w" and just making that happen as quickly as possible.

I totally agree; when D&D signed up for this they were supposed to be making the books into TV, not completely writing new ground. Still, I feel like they could do a better job if they'd expanded by another season, or even just made it back to 12 episodes a season instead of 7. I imagine a good portion of that is because the actors are just getting too damn expensive.

I would imagine paying the actors isn't an issue. Maybe the production costs are for everything else, but the actors seem easy enough.

What's the clue?

I'ts gotta be Jon Snow, right? He's going to kill Khaleesi in order to create Lightbringer 2.0

Jamie will kill Cersi to create "Lightbringer" ... but I think "Lightbringer" will be a flaming hand to replace his stump.

Who knows. I just can't imagine there isn't an unexpected twist or two that'll be unveiled in the last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.