The other sports thread

Eleven

After thinking about it seriously for at least a couple of years, I'm finally going to see a Red Sox game at Fenway Park.  I've always wanted to see a game there, so I figured I'd better go before they decide to tear the sucker down and build some modernistic atrocity. Sox vs. Blue Jays....and I am in a field box, third base side, second row.  Awesome.

After thinking about it seriously for at least a couple of years, I'm finally going to see a Red Sox game at Fenway Park.  I've always wanted to see a game there, so I figured I'd better go before they decide to tear the sucker down and build some modernistic atrocity. Sox vs. Blue Jays....and I am in a field box, third base side, second row.  Awesome.

I bet that hit those seats severely hurt the wallet.

Yes, but I figure if you're going to go, you might as well go big.  Actually, the seat cost less than I paid to see Fleetwood Mac in February at the FNC.

I randomly picked up seats right on Pesky's Pole when I was in college.  Those were really cool seats... even if they were facing towards center field instead of home plate.

And yes, I'm eagerly awaiting Inkman's comment about me sitting on Pesky's Pole.

6 - 1 final.

Boyes will be pleased.

The Jays now could go 162 - 0, but highly unlikely.

90 wins is not unthinkable, which should keep them in the hunt for a wildcard.

Yeah buddy!

It seems our pitching was much better today than my prediction. If the Jays can get even league average pitching this year they can go places. Always love beating the Yankees. :thumbsup:

Wisconsin just got boned on an out of bounds call. Looks like Duke gonna win another championship. Not sure which coach I dislike more, Bill Belichick or Mike Kysrkeveskryskvywaky.

I'm not sure how it's even close. The hoodie is just a bad human.

Well it's official.  I move somewhere and they immediately win championships.  It starts with college teams and then eventually moves on to the pros.  I better get out of here before Carolina injures their way to another cup.

Even I'm impress that you were able to turn the wayward dukies from Zero to Hero in such a short time. They had gone more than 5 years since their last title.

Even I'm impress that you were able to turn the wayward dukies from Zero to Hero in such a short time. They had gone more than 5 years since their last title.

I hadn't thought of it from that angle.  This is a far cry from that first title I delivered to Boston which followed up a 52 year gap (you're welcome Aud Smell). 

Sigh. Was one more year really so much to ask? Only positive I can think of is the roster is loaded and with this year's success, the job should be more attractive than it has ever been for prospective hires.

We can't have nice things.

Sigh. Was one more year really so much to ask? Only positive I can think of is the roster is loaded and with this year's success, the job should be more attractive than it has ever been for prospective hires.

Are people over there very surprised by his move? I heard a comment after they were bounced from the tourney that made me fully expect him to leave. He said something to the effect of "they will be back here", meaning back in the tourney again. The choice of words felt very awkward to me, like he went out of his way to say "they" instead of "we".

This is why I cannot take UB seriously.

Well, I don't think you can really hold this against UB -- this happens all the time.  Hurley is going to make something like 4X or 5X what he was making at UB, and moves into a power conference after just 2 years as a head coach.  It's not UB's fault that he's taking the offer.  (Although the report about them offering him $551K so that he could be the highest paid coach in the conference, just ahead of the other guy making $550K, does make them look kinda bush league.)

The important steps now for UB are to hire another good young coach who can keep their progress going, and to increase their local presence.  It seemed like there was almost no local media coverage of the team, and pretty lousy attendance, despite an exciting team that won its conference tournament and made the NCAAs, and no local competition for sports fans' attention (with football season over and hockey being an abomination).  They need to get butts in the seats and the local sports media to pay more attention.