The other sports thread

Eleven

The important thing is that he can't. All he's done is stopped them from watching the fight among the press in the arena. They can still watch on their own right, can still write, can still tweet and can still fight against him and others like him. This was a big mistake by the Mayweather camp.

They won't make themselves the story.  For once, I hope they do, but I'll bet they don't.  What they should do is show up tonight.

They won't make themselves the story. For once, I hope they do, but I'll bet they don't. What they should do is show up tonight.

They've been tweeting about the situation. I don't think they have to make it about themselves to cover the story of what's going on and Floyd's past.

They won't make themselves the story. For once, I hope they do, but I'll bet they don't. What they should do is show up tonight.

Tim Graham tweeted that the BN went to court to get his credentials back when the Mesi camp revoked them. Any insight if Nichols and Beadle would have any legal options in Nevada?

Tim Graham tweeted that the BN went to court to get his credentials back when the Mesi camp revoked them. Any insight if Nichols and Beadle would have any legal options in Nevada?

I suppose they could apply for a TRO, but it's going to be difficult to convince a judge that this can't wait until Monday.  They're not covering a Constitutional crisis, they're covering a fight.

Edited by Eleven

Er, no.

1.  It's still a human life.

2.  It would end boxing.

Good.

(No, I don't want him dead. I would love to see him get knocked the out and then get arrested for something stupid)

Edited by Hoss

In fairness, boxing is already over in the US. Killed by some combination of the best athletes choosing other sports and MMA.

MMA is a trendy little annoyance that will be over with soon enough.

And even if not, I'm ok watching fighters from other countries.

For all the crap the first round of the NBA playoffs gets (deservedly so, I might add)....Clippers-Spurs game 7 is amazing. Best sporting even of the day, on a day that had the Derby and will have one of the most anticipated fights in memory.

Wake me up when it's game 7 of the finals.

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

MMA is a trendy little annoyance that will be over with soon enough.

Hope not. Better fighters. Just as much or more action in most fights (sure, they stand around and dance a lot but so do boxers).

Hopefully their ethical standards are higher and more consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRe5IWlcYlU

Have fun for the next five minutes...

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by CBS does NOT take five minutes.

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Hope not. Better fighters. Just as much or more action in most fights (sure, they stand around and dance a lot but so do boxers).

Hopefully their ethical standards are higher and more consistent.

Not interested.

Edited by Eleven

Such a boring fight. Mayweather is just such a boring fighter. He'll win, but it's like watching the Rangers.

MMA provides better entertainment. If someone were to try and Mayweather a fight in MMA, they just get taken down and it's a whole different fight.