The other sports thread

Eleven

It is for me!

If UB athletics as a whole want to make any progress, they need to move out of the MAC and into a stronger conference. Specifically, there should be a focus on bringing a D1 hockey program to UB, given the proximity to Ontario and the support of hockey in western NY. The basketball team will only ever make the NCAA tourney by winning the MAC tournament at this point. That could change in a larger mid-major conference.

If UB athletics as a whole want to make any progress, they need to move out of the MAC and into a stronger conference. Specifically, there should be a focus on bringing a D1 hockey program to UB, given the proximity to Ontario and the support of hockey in western NY. The basketball team will only ever make the NCAA tourney by winning the MAC tournament at this point. That could change in a larger mid-major conference.

I think it's going to be tough to leave the MAC and be successful without first establishing the program as one of the premier in the conference. I have hopes with White at the helm (in spite of my hatred of the branding), but definitely some years off.

I think it's going to be tough to leave the MAC and be successful without first establishing the program as one of the premier in the conference. I have hopes with White at the helm (in spite of my hatred of the branding), but definitely some years off.

I agree. I think the tone of my post might have read that I thought they should be doing this immediately, but the team needs to establish competitiveness/dominance of the MAC before another conference would even be interested. That means a couple more strong seasons and NCAA tournament berths before even discussing.

Good post.

But I was just talking about scoring at 4am.