The other sports thread

Eleven

I love watching 24 Hours of Le Mans and as an Audi R18 fan I love that Audi is running their own team stream and laying the race commentary over top of it.

http://lemans.audi-motorsport.com/

If you want to hear a sound you've never heard before, watch this feed and listen to the whine of the regenerative braking system. These Audis are HYBRID DIESEL. 

I love watching 24 Hours of Le Mans and as an Audi R18 fan I love that Audi is running their own team stream and laying the race commentary over top of it.

http://lemans.audi-motorsport.com/

If you want to hear a sound you've never heard before, watch this feed and listen to the whine of the regenerative braking system. These Audis are HYBRID DIESEL. 

I don't understand how anyone who watches this could ever watch something like NASCAR again. 

I don't understand how anyone who watches this could ever watch something like NASCAR again. 

I was shown it once and I could never understand the appeal of NASCAR when compared to Le Mans or anything else for that matter. As an asice, the F1 story of Lauda and Hunt, "Rush" was an incredible movie.

This race was awesome

I was shown it once and I could never understand the appeal of NASCAR when compared to Le Mans or anything else for that matter. As an asice, the F1 story of Lauda and Hunt, "Rush" was an incredible movie.

This race was awesome

So what was the outcome of that?  Seemed to me like 3 got what he deserved, but I don't know very much about auto racing.

So what was the outcome of that?  Seemed to me like 3 got what he deserved, but I don't know very much about auto racing.

IIRC the Porsche was awarded the win; it was the last race of the season so it was a huge race. 

But I love this type of racing because the cars are different (Porsche better handling whereas the Corvette dominates it on the straightaways) and the tracks are challenging to allow for their advantages to be highlighted.

I have a love hate relationship with NASCAR. For the most part I find it stupid and unimaginative. It's technologically stunted. But you can watch the whole race from your seat in the stands. The Romans knew what they were doing when they built the Colloseum. Bristol is probably still the best track on the circuit, maybe Darlington too. I love Bristol though. It's the Aud of speedways.

I have a love hate relationship with NASCAR. For the most part I find it stupid and unimaginative. It's technologically stunted. But you can watch the whole race from your seat in the stands. The Romans knew what they were doing when they built the Colloseum. Bristol is probably still the best track on the circuit, maybe Darlington too. I love Bristol though. It's the Aud of speedways.

'Dega!

Bristol is awesome though. I always liked Martinsville too.

I have watched around 15 hours of NASCAR in my, all of it live. :) I have no use for it on TV, but it's pretty cool when you are there. Although, sometimes I wish it would rain so we could just keep on camping.

I was at Pocono last weekend and actually came to this thread to talk about the other sport going on, eating. The guys I was with were pretty serious tailgaiters (they never turned the grill of in case someone wanted to throw something on at any time).

post-1429-0-43496200-1434241779_thumb.jpgpost-1429-0-16456900-1434241786_thumb.jpgpost-1429-0-58176700-1434241792_thumb.jpgpost-1429-0-90387800-1434241798_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's Hawaiian salsa and a grill rack just for stuffed (with pulled pork) peppers.

Oh yeah, and the race.

post-1429-0-43268900-1434241806_thumb.jpg

And may enough voters for the Hall of Fame recognize that this man should never be enshrined.

I don't really think he has a shot. How can you vote in a serial rapist? I know he was all pro for like all of his football career, but c'mon...

I don't really think he has a shot. How can you vote in a serial rapist? I know he was all pro for like all of his football career, but c'mon...

Peter King has been beating the drum for a while that Sharper's off-the-field life should not be a consideration in any way for his hall of fame voting. He refuses to say that he will vote for him, but he says that he will "if he thinks he is deserving when he sits down and thinks about it." You just watched the guy for over a decade. You can't play both sides and try to argue that his rapes should be ignored by voters and then say you don't know if you'll vote for him...

Peter King has been beating the drum for a while that Sharper's off-the-field life should not be a consideration in any way for his hall of fame voting. He refuses to say that he will vote for him, but he says that he will "if he thinks he is deserving when he sits down and thinks about it." You just watched the guy for over a decade. You can't play both sides and try to argue that his rapes should be ignored by voters and then say you don't know if you'll vote for him...

I wonder what King would think if Sharper had raped one of his two daughters. I bet that wouldn't have any baring on his vote.

Conduct off the field has consequences for active players. It often leads to sanctions, suspensions and fines. It should have consequences for the Hall of Fame.

Scumbag athletes almost never bother me. But rape gets my dander up.

There's no doubt in my mind that Speaker Heastie got slipped a huge check from Nevada and other fight organizers when he became Speaker... He was a HUGE supporter of the MMA in NY bill prior to becoming Speaker. Once he did he said that he was removing his name from the bill.

When it was brought up in assembly today his response was "let's set that aside." That was the end of it. politicians man. This is simple. It will bring the state millions and help protect the amateur fighters in the state. Balls man.

Max Scherzer just threw a no hitter for the Nationals. The only blemish was a HBP with 2 out in the 9th. Jose Tabata appeared to have leaned in on it.

Strikeouts are boring! Besides, they're fascist! Throw some ground balls. More democratic!

Max Scherzer just threw a no hitter for the Nationals. The only blemish was a HBP with 2 out in the 9th. Jose Tabata appeared to have leaned in on it. 

I was SO pissed off at that.  Ump should have called ball 3 and moved forward with the at-bat.