The other sports thread

Eleven

So I'm assuming UB will be a 12 or 13 seed? They will be a tough out for someone.

I think 11 or 12 is about right, and yes, they will be a tough out for some team from the B1G or Pac-12 that is overrated because television and stuff.

I think 11 or 12 is about right, and yes, they will be a tough out for some team from the B1G or Pac-12 that is overrated because television and stuff.

This.

Bonas, as A-10 champs (a legitimate conference), got ACC champs FSU and almost beat them... Probably would've if the refs didn't miss the dude stepping in bounds on a big inbounds play late in the game. Argh. No doubt in my mind we could've taken down a lot of the middling "power conference" teams that year.

Edited by Tank

Honestly, I don't really care as much as I should, but this does, momentarily, allow me to rub my Jameson infused Leprechaun Legion shirt into every Bona and Cuse fan in upstate NY's tear soaked face.

Why would we care? (We being Bona fans/alums)

Cuse is in that conference so they care, but it has zero to do with Notre Dame.

Did you attend Notre Dame?

Honestly, I don't really care as much as I should, but this does, momentarily, allow me to rub my Jameson infused Leprechaun Legion shirt into every Bona and Cuse fan in upstate NY's tear soaked face.

Notre Dame winning the ACC is a huge deal down on Tobacco Road.  They won't like that at all, especially being a new entrant to the conference.

It's basketball, In particular, it's the SEC of Basketball, so I imagined basketball fans from good basketball schools (like Bona and Cuse) would care.

And yes, I graduated in '05.

Are you in the business now, my love, of deciding what we should or should not care about?  Sounds important!  

I trust because you are so committed (asylum) that you will drown out less committed (monthy visit) voices...

And we are moving on up in this big world!  Do we finally have that winning losing plan?  I will ride your coat-tails towards???

Like you say, we should not care about UB historic victories.  I only drink one toast to UB victory, but to Sabres loss I dedicate the better part of a twelve pack.

It's basketball, In particular, it's the SEC of Basketball, so I imagined basketball fans from good basketball schools (like Bona and Cuse) would care.

tis true. The ACC is tops in college basketball and with ND winning, well that would be like Missouri winning the SEC in football (they have come close twice)... no bueno. 

As a Bona alum I can assure you we don't care about Notre Dame. Maybe if we were more than a one or twice a decade tournament team, but unfortunately we're not on that level. :(

Are you in the business now, my love, of deciding what we should or should not care about? Sounds important!

I trust because you are so committed (asylum) that you will drown out less committed (monthy visit) voices...

And we are moving on up in this big world! Do we finally have that winning losing plan? I will ride your coat-tails towards???

Like you say, we should not care about UB historic victories. I only drink one toast to UB victory, but to Sabres loss I dedicate the better part of a twelve pack.

I wish I was one of the many who hate me out loud on this forum because this was well done... It just doesn't really make sense what you're aiming it at, though. The comment you replied to was a "we" of Bona alums (as clearly stated in the post) in response to Notre Dame being in the tournament... Not to UB or a "we" of forum members.

tis true. The ACC is tops in college basketball and with ND winning, well that would be like Missouri winning the SEC in football (they have come close twice)... no bueno.

Agreed all around. The ACC has some newcomers and they're not just there to lay down to the Dukies and Heels.

As a Bona alum I can assure you we don't care about Notre Dame. Maybe if we were more than a one or twice a decade tournament team, but unfortunately we're not on that level. :(

I wish I was one of the many who hate me out loud on this forum because this was well done... It just doesn't really make sense what you're aiming it at, though. The comment you replied to was a "we" of Bona alums (as clearly stated in the post) in response to Notre Dame being in the tournament... Not to UB or a "we" of forum members.

Agreed all around. The ACC has some newcomers and they're not just there to lay down to the Dukies and Heels.

Are you a martyr?

:wub:

I am sorry.

I am excited very much for UB.  

It makes me sad that radio people say that Sabres season is compelling.

I listen to UB news on radio, rather than compelling Sabres stories.

I am sorry.

The juxtaposition is saddening.  Not just UB...

Just about everything, opposed to the Sabres is saddening.

I am sorry.

Get it together, Anna!

Stupido!

I must try to like Sabres more.

Go UB!

I hung my Turner Battle jersey in the man cave for this one. Good for the Bulls. Gives me a reason to fill out a bracket or 2 now.

That Turner Battle team broke my heart back in the day. Really thought they were gonna make it.

Anyway, as far as seeding goes: it should be a 12, an argument could be made for 11...I expect a 13. Trying not to set myself up for disappointment.

My care for ND sports has nothing to do with what conference they are in. Cuse was undermanned this year then cancelled their post season so nothing any team does matters at this point.

Now when a ND fan comes into this forum and goes all ND fan, well the needle moves a little bit. The last thing I need is one of the world's most spoiled fan bases rubbing it in when the one team in their stupid program I can almost tolerate, does something good.

My care for ND sports has nothing to do with what conference they are in. Cuse was undermanned this year then cancelled their post season so nothing any team does matters at this point.

Now when a ND fan comes into this forum and goes all ND fan, well the needle moves a little bit. The last thing I need is one of the world's most spoiled fan bases rubbing it in when the one team in their stupid program I can almost tolerate, does something good.

Two teams, we won the Women's Title this afternoon.

I don't want your tolerance, it is your hate that fuels me.  :P