The other sports thread

Eleven

I assume nearly all players have been juicing since the 80's. I knew high school kids in the 80's taking steroids. If it was at the high school level I expect it was very prevalent in the pros at that point.
I'll never understand why Brian Braun is a bad guy because he injects a substance in to his body to improve his performance and a player like Kirk Gibson is a hero when he injects a substance in to his body so he can hit a home run in the World Series. it's just strange that some drugs are legal and others are not because they work too well.

I think the first post informs the second.

I assume nearly all players have been juicing since the 80's. I knew high school kids in the 80's taking steroids. If it was at the high school level I expect it was very prevalent in the pros at that point.

I was in high school in the late 80's and I knew more than a few people who were taking steroids back then, I even had a few friends try to talk me into taking them.

I really don't have a horse in this race, but I saw video last night of a bad call at home plate that ended the Red Sox-Rays game. I've never understood why the home plate ump positions himself behind the catcher on those plays. The put the catcher between them and home plate so their view is blocked and they can't possibly see when the sliding runner touches the plate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well UGA decided to screw up a routine field goal which would come back later and cost them the game... freaking great... morons.

FSU on the other hand was a 10.5 pt favorite in their game and turned around and destroyed PITT 41-13 behind the play of Jameis Winston who was 25/27 for 356 yards. Let me just say that game was awesome and I look forward to watching more FSU ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to the UB Bulls football game today? We are making the drive in. UB is my alma mater and my God son is a sophomore offensive lineman for the team. Meeting up with his parents and having a pre-game tailgate. Should be a great time.

TBPhD, you gonna be there?

Anyone going to the UB Bulls football game today? We are making the drive in. UB is my alma mater and my God son is a sophomore offensive lineman for the team. Meeting up with his parents and having a pre-game tailgate. Should be a great time.

TBPhD, you gonna be there?

Unfortunately I'm stick doing work an can't make it. Saturdays are just brutal for me :(

That Bama game was great, so much offense.... And it was nice to see johnny football lose, I hate that cocky guy... Roll Tide

Yea, I hate Manziel too. He's almost as intolerable as Nick Saban ;)

You missed a hell of a 4th quarter. First three were a snooze-fest though.

They almost lost. To Stony Brook. Ugh.

She's stepping down. Good. http://espn.go.com/b...aws-controversy

I'm not sure if you can bet props in Vegas such as "unanimous decision" or "majority decision", so the scorecard is a headscratcher given how easy Mayweather made it look. The only thing I can think of is that behind the scenes there could have been chatter to set up a rematch and get people riled up since this was such a huge moneymaker, but Alvarez wasn't even in the same league even though many gave him a real chance. She might just be too stupid to realize there was no way of making it look close. Sort of like in football or hockey when teams get calls. I don't think there is a real edict that says "make sure the Patriots or the Habs win".....but depending on how close the teams are playing, you can see calls made that look like there is a bias. If Montreal is losing 5-1 in the 3rd, 5 straight penalties on Buffalo will look mighty suspicious. If they are losing 3-2 with 5 minutes left....ok...sure...that looks like a hook by Ehrhoff..... That's the only thing that makes sense here. She's just a dolt.

• 2 weeks later...