The other sports thread

Eleven

The ESPY's have started off really lame. Might be better off turning on Nova.

I don't really like Drake, but I thought he had some good lines. The issue is that this is a formal event where everybody is dressed up and trying to be on their best behavior... So the dark humor is tough to get a good response from.

I don't really like Drake, but I thought he had some good lines. The issue is that this is a formal event where everybody is dressed up and trying to be on their best behavior... So the dark humor is tough to get a good response from.

Good point.

Derek Jeter dated and dumped: Mariah Carey, Jessica Beal, Jessica Alba, Lara Dutta, Minka Kelly and Jordanna Brewster. All without any one of them saying anything negative about him in the press. He's the greatest player of this or any generation!

...and those are just the ones we know about. He's kept his PP clean and come out smelling like roses. Toilet seats everywhere are envious of the ass he's got.

As for how good Jeter's career had been, he never would have been in the position he is today if he didn't play with an all star team every year. He's been a consistently good player on a great team for his entire career. He has so many "clutch" hits in the post season because he's been on deep runs in the post season almost every year.

I don't really like Drake...

Worst. Rapper. Ever.

This guy is light years better

No really...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Blue Jays are starting to get some key (?) players back.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-list-1.2727548

With the season pretty much on the line they start a 3 game series tonight against the Orioles in TO ... hi, GCoE.

And here I thought I was the only Jays fan of the bunch around here. Everyone in Western NY seems to be a Yankees or Red Sox fan... I don't get it - you can drive to a game at the Rogers Center and the farm team is now (finally) here, but you'll root for a team 7 hours away just cause it says New York?

Im amazed how the Jays have been able to hang in there with EE, Lawrie and Lind out for a significant period. Here's hoping they can hang on for the wildcard (or even catch the O's :thumbsup:)

And here I thought I was the only Jays fan of the bunch around here. Everyone in Western NY seems to be a Yankees or Red Sox fan... I don't get it - you can drive to a game at the Rogers Center and the farm team is now (finally) here, but you'll root for a team 7 hours away just cause it says New York?

Im amazed how the Jays have been able to hang in there with EE, Lawrie and Lind out for a significant period. Here's hoping they can hang on for the wildcard (or even catch the O's :thumbsup:)

Best I can tell, the O's are hanging in there by Showalter Magic. 2/3 of the sluggers are in the middle of huge slumps, and they still don't have a real ace. Of course, losing your all-star-gold-glove-switch-hitting catcher for the season to Tommy Johns hurts too.

That said, blue jays are ######

Best I can tell, the O's are hanging in there by Showalter Magic. 2/3 of the sluggers are in the middle of huge slumps, and they still don't have a real ace. Of course, losing your all-star-gold-glove-switch-hitting catcher for the season to Tommy Johns hurts too.

That Blue Jay article was hilarious. Reminds me of those crazy black and red birds that are super territorial at golf courses. crazy birds.

To your point on Wieters, there seems to be an alarming trend of big injuries this year to position players. Goldy, Prince Fielder, Y Molina, etc. all out for the year. Depth is important in baseball.

I never said I was a Jays fan. I was when I was a kid ... back when we lived in a cave.

I just hope they beat the dastardly Orioles, the even more dastardly Red Sox and the most dastardly Yankees.

I should report you for that link.

I love Blue Jays, Oh, and Crows.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I'm a Yankees fan because of my grandfather. They were all I'd watch growing up. I've started rooting for the Pirates the last 5 or 6 years just because I love an underdog.

I never realized how close Pittsburgh and Buffalo are, 3.5 hours according to Google. It may well be faster to drive to Pitts than Toronto when you factor in the border crossing.