The other sports thread

Eleven

Jimenez was literally never good. Two decent years and for some reason teams keep signing him and letting him pitch.

He had one Cy Young year. His command is just atrocious though.

Best closer in the game with one of the best seasons int eh last decade, and you don't throw him to save your season. Why

And the Jaye walk off Jimenez in the 11th on a 3 run bomb by Encarnacion to advance

If I were in charge of MLB and it's a good thing I'm not, he would have never got the chance.

Up to me and the Jays would have forfeited the game in the 7th after that jackassness ...

Unfortunately NS, this isn't the first time the Jay's fans have done this. They were pretty shameful last Wild Card game too

I hear ya.  Toronto is full of jackasses and all of them are Jays fans.  I tell you it was NOT like this when I lived there and went to an occasional Jays game.

I am not sure what is worse the beer throwing, or the racial slurs and middle finger salutes.

The worst for me is when the police showed up no one in that section pointed out the ass that did it.  I would have arrested the whole section on that grounds alone and banned them all from Skydome (or whatever the hell it is called now) for life.

I love the concentration by the outfielder.  He never even flinches until after he caught the ball.  Impressive.

He must have known it was thrown by some drunk ass and his aim would be way off.

Won't happen.

The Giants sent a message last night.

Unless they can trot out Mad Bum every night, they will get destroyed. Usually he can pitch twice in a 5 game series, but I doubt it now as he pitched a cg last night Edited by WildCard

You heard it here first (maybe) ... the Giants will play in the WS this year.

Against the Jays? ;)

I agree, without Mad Bum nobody on the Giants scares me. They will need huge pitching performances from their starters every single night to have a chance. that's fine for Cueto/Bumgartner, but I don't think Moore or Samardjia (sp?) can be dominant over 7-8 innings consistently.

The Giants bullpen is freaking awful. They will be their downfall. Book it.

Exactly. They need dominance and length from their starters. Off game from the starter = automatic loss.

They nitpick things that do not matter. Coming off the bad for a millisecond, disowning the neighborhood rule, etc. The beauty of baseball is the human error behind it. The bang-bang plays where you want believe a call went a certain way, ot borderline strike calls, or if he went or didn't go. Replay ruins the entire point of baseball. I don't care what the right call is, I are about being entertained