The other sports thread

Eleven

I don't really understand the point of said game location. Watching games at the Ralph is bad enough, let's make that experience three times as bad!!

It's a cash grab / publicity stunt. Bristol is half in Tenessee, half in Virginia. The venue enables them to make a claim for the largest US sporting event crowd or some nonsense. Blech.

It's a cash grab / publicity stunt. Bristol is half in Tenessee, half in Virginia. The venue enables them to make a claim for the largest US sporting event crowd or some nonsense. Blech.

I get why the powers that be organized it, I just don't know who would want to watch a game 1/2 Mile from the field

Edited by inkman

Is this the game that's at a racetrack?

Yep.

I don't really understand the point of said game location. Watching games at the Ralph is bad enough, let's make that experience three times as bad!!

But don't you want to say you were 1 of the 150k fans at the best attended football game in HISTORY? :rolleyes: (That is IF you don't count the self-reported attendance at the Euler-Bill game in January '93 which at last report was 372,007.)

Doubt sporting event, as that should belong to some LTL race, right? (Probably Daytona or Brickyard) But biggest non-motorsport crowd? Yep.

And touchdown Bama'!!!! And to think Ole Miss had a 17 point lead.

Rooting for national power houses is like bring a supermodel to the bar and have her give you head in front of everyone.

I ran cross country and track for Mississippi State. HUGE rivalry w/ Ole Miss in everything.

This makes sense but rooting for bama is like rooting for Darth Vader.

And I still don't think he'll be a good pro QB.

Neither do I but he has proven my wrong several times in his young career.

Rooting for national power houses is like bring a supermodel to the bar and have her give you head in front of everyone.

I'm going to start rooting for national power houses.

And another TD against Ole Miss. Down 11 points. Loving it!!

This makes sense but rooting for bama is like rooting for Darth Vader.

When I replied I didn't see this post. Try to picture it as pulling for Vader to take out the Emperor when he was trying to kill Luke Skywalker.

Emperor = Ole Miss

Vader = Bama

Skywalker = State  

Edited by GoPre

I'm not rooting for Bama'. I'm wanting an Ole Miss loss. There's not one team you always want to lose?

Patriots

Yankees

Irish

I'm so blinded with sports rage that when the Red Sox needed a Yankee win to get into the post season, I couldn't root for them. One game vs my team reaching the promise land and I couldn't do it.

I'll second that. No matter what Ole Miss could do to help MSU I just couldn't pull for them. Quite sure everyone has their own opinion. Some may say a love for their team is greater than a hate for another team. That is understandable. I'm just on the on the side where hate is greater than love. Let me add this is all about sports.