The other sports thread

Eleven

So happy the Indians are in the World Series.  I don't really care about basketball so it's hard to really get excited about the Cavs, but if the Indians can win the World Series, I'll truly feel like one of my sports teams has actually won a championship in my lifetime.

Edited by JujuFish

Literally every time.

It's terrible. I'm amazed he's gotten away with it this entire time

Meanwhile, the Cubs' offense has woken up. All it takes is a couple of lucky hits, and one big one, and all the sudden, everyone feels good

Edited by WildCard

OK.  

I hate the Dodgers.  (See 1981 playoffs.)  So they're out; fine.

I now have to deal with the following two possibilities:

(1)  Cleveland wins another thing.  I hate Cleveland.  I hate Ohio.  I don't think they should have nice things.  Frankly, I'm not sure why they are their own state.  It would be simpler if we divided up the Ohioism among Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Michigan.  Maybe Indiana can get a piece.

(2)  My Chicago-born brother-in-law, who sees himself as a sports victim despite seeing a Super Bowl win, six Bulls titles, a White Sox (yeah, he's a Cubs fan, but whatever) title, and three Blackhawks Cups (he is honest and admits he's a bandwagonner with respect to hockey) getting even more smug YET completely victimless.

I guess I root for the Cubs because my little nephew loves them?

Edited by Eleven

OK.  

I hate the Dodgers.  (See 1981 playoffs.)  So they're out; fine.

I now have to deal with the following two possibilities:

(1)  Cleveland wins another thing.  I hate Cleveland.  I hate Ohio.  I don't think they should have nice things.  Frankly, I'm not sure why they are their own state.  It would be simpler if we divided up the Ohioism among Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Michigan.  Maybe Indiana can get a piece.

(2)  My Chicago-born brother-in-law, who sees himself as a sports victim despite seeing a Super Bowl win, six Bulls titles, a White Sox (yeah, he's a Cubs fan, but whatever) title, and three Blackhawks Cups (he is honest and admits he's a bandwagonner with respect to hockey) getting even more smug YET completely victimless.

I guess I root for the Cubs because my little nephew loves them?

Heyyyyyyyy.  I lived in Cleveland for seven years.  Went to law school there.  It is not Ohio...

I've been to Cleveland once. CC was pitching for the Indians in a big game against the Twins, who sent Johan Santana to the mound. Cleveland wins in a great game. We're walking out of the stadium, everyone is all pumped up, high fives all around. We're looking for the after party. And what does the city of Cleveland do? The whole city went to sleep! Are you kidding me? Nobody stayed out and partied! No one! The strip club had the B squad working, the bars all had 3 people in them. Cleveland did NOT rock on that night.

But on the other side of it....Cubs fans. The way they treated Steve Bartman. Cub fans pretend like they're the quaint little Midwest "loveable loser" fans. Please. They suck every bit as much as Yankee and Red Sox fans. Bartman was 1 of like 8 people in that section who went for that ball. And then the other 7 douche bags pretended like everything was all his fault. those people.

Cleveland?

Eh, whatever. At least it's not Toronto.