The other sports thread

Eleven

It is the most binary of North American sports.  Safe or out.  Strike or ball.  Fair or foul.  

Cricket has review systems that you wouldn't believe.  All of that tennis stuff that you see?  Cricket was the reason.  

There is no reason not to apply this to baseball.  Frankly, I'd like to see fewer umps and more cameras.

It is the most binary of North American sports. Safe or out. Strike or ball. Fair or foul.

Cricket has review systems that you wouldn't believe. All of that tennis stuff that you see? Cricket was the reason.

There is no reason not to apply this to baseball. Frankly, I'd like to see fewer umps and more cameras.

I'd like to see replay banned in every sport. I hate it with a passion.

I'd like to see "the human element" of officiating banned, personally. I find nothing majestic about people getting it wrong when technology can get it right.

That's the beauty of sports IMO. It's not supposed to be a billion dollar conglomerate. It's you and your friends getting together in the field to play a game. Sports are fun for that wow moment, and those moments happen spontaneously and from calls that are controversial. Taking that away just makes it robotic, and a business Edited by WildCard

The human element is the beauty and curse of everyday life, not sports.

Sports became a billion-dollar robotic business conglomerate well before replay.

Agree to disagree

Rangers with a dumb play, trying to turn 2 on a ball that had no business being a double play. Heads up base running by the Jay's though and Toronto heads to the ALCS

Hey boyes,

This one's for you ...

*I've got a hat, a ball and that's not all* ..........

I'VE GOT A BROOM!!

LET'S GO BLUE JAYS!!

4 down and 8 to go ...

It's a beautiful thing that the Jays bats woke up just in time for the playoffs, but you're right the pitching (including the usually shaky bullpen) has been superb.

It was great to see Odor make the deciding error in game 3.

Any preference Sox or Indians? I'm thinking the Indians look like the better match-up. Watching that game now Cle up 2-0

It's a beautiful thing that the Jays bats woke up just in time for the playoffs, but you're right the pitching (including the usually shaky bullpen) has been superb.

Any preference Sox or Indians? I'm thinking the Indians look like the better match-up. Watching that game now Cle up 2-0

Toronto will beat either team.

Still hoping my Nats can get through, even though I know they won't.  The main reason I want a Toronto-DC series is so that I can listen to morons on ESPN erroneously tell me that it's the first time two national capital cities have competed in the World Series.

Everything came together (the bats a bit more slowly) in the Saturday game of the final weekend in Boston.  They have won 6 in a row from that point.

I take no solace in who committed the error. I actually feel bad for the guy.  He'll be the goat, but the Rangers were outplayed in every aspect of the game for 3 games.

If things keep going like this it will make no difference who they play next.

They will be well rested, but I hope that does not turn ugly on them.

Prediction ... Jays over whomever in 5, maybe 6.

This is the year.  It's very possible, even likely, that one, or both of the big two pending free agents will cash in big elsewhere.

Everything came together (the bats a bit more slowly) in the Saturday game of the final weekend in Boston. They have won 6 in a row from that point.

I take no solace in who committed the error. I actually feel bad for the guy. He'll be the goat, but the Rangers were outplayed in every aspect of the game for 3 games.

If things keep going like this it will make no difference who they play next.

They will be well rested, but I hope that does not turn ugly on them.

Prediction ... Jays over whomever in 5, maybe 6.

This is the year. It's very possible, even likely, that one, or both of the big two pending free agents will cash in big elsewhere.

I know it's likely, but I'd really hate to see a Jays team without EE or Bautista. Maybe a big playoff run can sway them into staying.

Maybe EE, but Bautista is gone, and letting him leave is 100000% the right move

Totally agree that for the money and his age it's worth moving on, but those two have been the face of the team for the last five years or so.

Will be strange is all

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Jake Arietta, the freaking pitcher, just broke Mad Bum's 23 inning long shutout streak in the postseason, with a 2 out, 1-2 count, 3 run home run. Unreal

What was that you said?

I mentioned up thread that the Giants would be playing in the WS ... I stand by it.

Also, solace was not the right word ... damn phone ..........  :flirt: