A whole mess of stuff

Hoss

DStebb, 41 posts and the townspeople have the pitchforks and torches out! Well done. Really, we're going to run this guy off our propity? And one of the runners-off, citing decorum, moments later responded to another poster with his famous retort -- "nonsense."
No one's runnin' anone anywheres

agreed. from where i sit, people who get "run off" essentially do it to themselves. i have not written off dstebb.

Yes, you are right. Bobby Ryan has 4 consecutive 30 goal seasons, he is a talented player.

The problem I have with Bobby Ryan is that he is also a whiny, super sensitive primadonna who puts himself in front of the team, takes absolutely everything personally, and is just biding his time anyway until he can sign for his favorite team, the Philadelphia Flyers. He will never go into the corners, won't ever back check, won't get himself dirty to get to the puck. He's basically been given a free ride by the Ducks that have done everything they can to make him succeed, including playing him heavily on a their first line with Getzlaf and superstuddly Corey Perry. After all this he has the audacity to publicly state that while playing with good players like Perry and Getzlaf is great, what a dream it would be to play with Claude Giroux.

This is kind of what take on Bobby Ryan, I have wondered why everyone wants to trade half of our team to get this guy.......He is not a Young Mark Messier.........Not by a long shot.

This is kind of what take on Bobby Ryan, I have wondered why everyone wants to trade half of our team to get this guy.......He is not a Young Mark Messier.........Not by a long shot.

Well, that makes three of us that agree with LaFontaine/Mogilny's assessment of Ryan.

Why is dick not censored by s natch is?

I just burst out laughing. One kind of gets into a certain rhythm when scrolling through threads and reading posts. They each have their own white noise in the background. And then it's broken up by this post. Funny stuff.

I'm not sure why s natch is censored and dick isn't, though.

GO SABRES!!!

Would you be interested in a 1984 Dodge Colt? It's got fuel injection.

That was my first car! lol

Enroth being the starter going into the season scares me 10 times more then ennis and hodgson being the top 2 centers

QFT. I'm willing to see where the Ennis / Hodgson experiment goes for the first half of the season and give Grigorenko and Girgensons a chance to acclimate. If it doesn't work out, then they can make adjustments at the trade deadline, but I want them to get an honest shot to see what they can do before putting someone else ahead of them on the depth chart.

You're ugly.

http://youtu.be/BfGkhhm4vXw

I'm not saying this in a snarky way, I'm saying this in an honest, info-seaking way:

Can somebody show me some evidence that Bobby Ryan has an attitude problem other than just saying it? I haven't heard much on it, I've heard minor things but never anything serious. Are there any outstanding incidents that someone could point me to?

Also, he definitely plays smaller than his frame should let him be, but I've seen him use his body in the corners before. If I remember right, he put Kaleta up against the boards in the corner in the first regular season game this year.

Make me a bicycle clown!

haha I loved that movie.

No one's runnin' anone anywheres

Is your name "spending cheese" without vowals and certain letters altered?

To add to this topic, Straw said that Buffalo offered Sekera, Adam and a first and were told no a while back. To me, that sounds like Straw has lurked this board or elsewhere for that idea, or maybe Darcy thinks along the same lines as many of us as that's similar to what some are saying.

I do think Stafford, Sekera, Adam and a first would be a good deal for both sides.

I'm not saying this in a snarky way, I'm saying this in an honest, info-seaking way:

Can somebody show me some evidence that Bobby Ryan has an attitude problem other than just saying it? I haven't heard much on it, I've heard minor things but never anything serious. Are there any outstanding incidents that someone could point me to?

Also, he definitely plays smaller than his frame should let him be, but I've seen him use his body in the corners before. If I remember right, he put Kaleta up against the boards in the corner in the first regular season game this year.

Is your name "spending cheese" without vowals and certain letters altered?

To add to this topic, Straw said that Buffalo offered Sekera, Adam and a first and were told no a while back. To me, that sounds like Straw has lurked this board or elsewhere for that idea, or maybe Darcy thinks along the same lines as many of us as that's similar to what some are saying.

I do think Stafford, Sekera, Adam and a first would be a good deal for both sides.

Some dude, @nhlbeat said Sabres are back after Ryan, AND, we're in talks with Semin. He posted this on twitter about an hour and a half before Mike Straw left the WWF and went to McDonalds, and checked his twitter account.... and turned that BS report, into his own BS rumor, is what I think...

Several days ago, Philadelphia officially excused themselves from trying to acquire Ryan, presumably because Anaheim refused to back off their asking price of either Coutourier or B. Schenn. If Murray does lower his price, is Matt Read a more attractive piece than anything Buffalo can/should realistically offer? Missing out on Weber is the only thing driving speculation that the Flyers are back in after Ryan ---- but their dropping out in the first place was completely unrelated to the Weber situation.

We probably could but is Berglund and upgrade over Ennis? I'm not being snarky. I don't know if he is. And is he a large enough upgrade to justify sending off our #3 Dman as well the center being upgraded? IMO we would still have a hole in our wings anyway. Barring a trade that significantly upgrades center ice I still think we need to focus on bringing in a winger to play opposite Vanek.

To me, yes he is. He's big and has been durable through four seasons. (I like Ennis a lot but I have a hard time ignoring his size and the fact that he weighs about 160 pounds.) Berglund scores goals but he can also kill penalties. He'll be 24 this year which means he's old enough to contribute now but young enough to be part of the "new core" we're turning the team over to.

He's also exactly the guy I want centering Vanek. We've seen Vanek play with a big center exactly once in his career -- the Luke Adam experiment to start last year -- and it went awesome. Otherwise, he's been the biggest player on his line the entire rest of his career. Berglund is big and strong enough to give him some room out there.

I also definitely think there's a way to get it done without dealing Ennis or Hodgson, although we'd be asking Regier to do something he's rarely been able to do: complete the "big" trade the Sabres perpetually assure us that they are working on. Any year now.....

If we went into the season like this:

Vanek-Berglund-Grigorenko

Stafford-Ennis-Foligno

Ott-Hodgson-Pominville

I'd be really happy. (And before anyone complains that I've put Hodgson and Pominville on the third line, I'm not numbering these lines. We'd roll the top 3. Our no.1 would be whoever our opponents decide to put their top pair against.)

Anyways, back to the rumor mill and waiting for anything exciting to happen.

Some dude, @nhlbeat said Sabres are back after Ryan, AND, we're in talks with Semin. He posted this on twitter about an hour and a half before Mike Straw left the WWF and went to McDonalds, and checked his twitter account.... and turned that BS report, into his own BS rumor, is what I think...

That could certainly be the case. I do think that if we miss out on Doan, we'll at least poke at Semin. Darcy never said he wasn't interested, just said he hadn't had any contact with his agent. He could very well be working under the assumption that Semin is going to be one of the final pieces to fall, and that he's looking for $$$ and nothing more. If that's the case, Buffalo could easily get in on him late and sweep him up.

What is everybody around here's opinion of getting Semin?

Personally, I'm strongly for it at the right price. Semin is lazy at times, sure, but as I said with Ryan, he produces on an elite level (aside from an off year this year) while being considered "lazy." He performed well in the playoffs prior to the last two seasons (could be attributed this year to not much ice time in Dale Hunter's system). I know most are against it, but I've always thought he has gotten severely underrated due to the talk about him.

Archived