A whole mess of stuff

Hoss

Waiting for food at McDonald's, so I'll fill you in. The #Sabres have jumped back into the Bobby Ryan sweeps hard. With Nash to NY it will

That if NY can get Nash for that "cheap" they can get ryan for less too

However if buffalo can't pull Ryan out of Anaheim within the next week or so, then buffalo will leave the table for good

I wonder what it would take - Stafford/1st?

What position does he play? It seems to be general forward - but where does he like/mostly play?

WAY more than that.

A deal I've thought about making sense would be Stafford, Sekera, Adam and a pick.

That might not be enough, but it's a starting point AT LEAST. Could potentially get a deal done.

If it was Stafford and a first, Anaheim should just fold and give their players away.

(I'm saying all of this after always being a guy who has seen Stafford as undervalued by many)

WAY more than that.

A deal I've thought about making sense would be Stafford, Sekera, Adam and a pick.

That might not be enough, but it's a starting point AT LEAST. Could potentially get a deal done.

If it was Stafford and a first, Anaheim should just fold and give their players away.

That is more than CBJ got for Nash! Possibly Stafford/Adam/1st - anymore than that and it becomes too much i think. Stafford and him had similar points total last year so we are giving up Adam/1st for a player to be a bit more physical and for like 10 more points

That is more than CBJ got for Nash! Possibly Stafford/Adam/1st - anymore than that and it becomes too much i think. Stafford and him had similar points total last year so we are giving up Adam/1st for a player to be a bit more physical and for like 10 more points

No, it's not at all. Stafford is equal or less valuable than Dubinsky. Erixson is a legit d prospect. Artem is far better than Adam.

It is kind of close to the other deal, but the Nash deal is still better.

To Buffalo:

RW/LW-Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:

C-Cody Hodgson

LW-Nathan Gerbe

D-Brayden McNabb or D-Mark Pysyk

2013 2nd round pick

Would people do this? (it is a suggested trade on the ducks board)

I think Stafford is equal to Dubinsky. Stafford puts up more points, Dubi is more physical. Sekera is a proven top-3 D-man, our best defensive D-man (according to the stats), which beats out the unproven prospect. And Adam has a higher ceiling than Artem, and a similar point production. Our first would probably he higher as well

To Buffalo:

RW/LW-Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:

C-Cody Hodgson

LW-Nathan Gerbe

2013 2nd round pick

I think Stafford is equal to Dubinsky. Stafford puts up more points, Dubi is more physical. Sekera is a proven top-3 D-man, our best defensive D-man (according to the stats), which beats out the unproven prospect. And Adam has a higher ceiling than Artem, and a similar point production.

No. Too much. Ennis, Hodgson are off limits.

To Buffalo:

RW/LW-Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:

C-Cody Hodgson

LW-Nathan Gerbe

2013 2nd round pick

No thanks--- if for no other reason then the fact we can't really afford to trade away another centerman.

Anaheim seems quite happy with their D but wants a second line centre. Not our ideal trading partners

They want a puck movin dman. We might not have the center, but they can make that move separately still.

To Buffalo:

RW/LW-Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:

C-Cody Hodgson

LW-Nathan Gerbe

2013 2nd round pick

I think Stafford is equal to Dubinsky. Stafford puts up more points, Dubi is more physical. Sekera is a proven top-3 D-man, our best defensive D-man (according to the stats), which beats out the unproven prospect. And Adam has a higher ceiling than Artem, and a similar point production. Our first would probably he higher as well

Anaheim would want more.

https://twitter.com/...624636035256320

Waiting for food at McDonald's, so I'll fill you in. The #Sabres have jumped back into the Bobby Ryan sweeps hard. With Nash to NY it will

That if NY can get Nash for that "cheap" they can get ryan for less too

https://twitter.com/...625149304803328

However if buffalo can't pull Ryan out of Anaheim within the next week or so, then buffalo will leave the table for good

This line makes absolutely no sense. Columbus and Anaheim are in completely different situations. The Ducks don't have to move Ryan. In the end Ryan is likely to garner a better return than Nash did. Anaheim is not limited to a small list of teams they can deal with.

I'd love to get Ryan but would pass if the deal and look to upgrade the team with a trading partner elsewhere if the deal had to include Hodgson, Ennis, or Grigorenko. We are still way too thin at center to unload one of the few we have for a winger, even a very good one.

More teams will be vying for Ryan than Nash due to there not being a restricted number of teams involved.

Anaheim seems quite happy with their D but wants a second line centre. Not our ideal trading partners

I agree. A team short on defence and deep with forwards would be our ideal trading partner. Philadelphia would probably be an ideal trading partner but I don't see that happening.

What other teams fit that description right now?

I agree. A team short on defence and deep with forwards would be our ideal trading partner. Philadelphia would probably be an ideal trading partner but I don't see that happening.

What other teams fit that description right now?

St. Louis

Archived