A whole mess of stuff

Hoss

All the rumor mongers like mike straw, NHL beat, hockey insiderr, and so on is just the cosmic troll!

He was sent to earth and his mothers basement to mess with everybodys minds and cause under chaos in the twitter verse.

I've been hunting him since twitter was created and have pinned his location to somewhere just out of Trenton, NJ.

When I find that allusive a-hole I'm going to ask him............where he gets his sources. LOL :)

Neither. Sabres may feel they need a fresh start with Enroth. Miller may feel the need for a 2nd chapter closer to the wife. No inside info, etc. Just a hunch.

PTR

The Miller point has been made for two years and his denied it every time and said the same thing, so's the team, so's his agent. There is only a certain amount of time before this theory about him being traded to California for his wife gets tiring.

Neither. Sabres may feel they need a fresh start with Enroth. Miller may feel the need for a 2nd chapter closer to the wife. No inside info, etc. Just a hunch.

PTR

If Miller is part of the trade there is no way that Hiller isn't coming back to the Sabres. If Ennis/Hodgson are non starters and Miller needs to be part of the discussion then I'd be for it as long as Hiller is coming with Ryan.

Trading for a guy like Ryan will hurt ... after the trade is done and people in Buffalo realize what kind of player Bobby Ryan is. I think he is one of the worst possible fits for the Sabres. His combination of extremely spotty work ethic and hyper sensitive mental makeup will not mesh well with the Buffalo fans preference for hard working players nor with Lindy Ruff's abrasive coaching style.

Of course there's always the chance that Bobby Ryan will blossom in a new environment, but his work ethic has been questioned since before he ever took the ice in Anaheim, he's been an on again off again player his entire time in the Ducks organization.

I wouldn't trade Ryan for Stafford straight up, let alone some of the more fanciful deals being floated around here. If the Sabres end up not trading for Bobby Ryan, it will be my favorite move of the off season.

So Bobby Ryan is one of just seven players with at least 30 goals in four straight seasons while brandishing an "extremely spotty work ethic." I'll take it.

To those whining like little children about the source or whatever, calm down. Nobody ever said this was a reliable source. It's generating good conversation here about a guy that has clearly been on the radar no matter what a chump guy on twitter says. He may be bluffing, he may not be. We don't know either way. It's generating good discussion, the original source matters not at this point.

To those whining like little children about the source or whatever, calm down. Nobody ever said this was a reliable source. It's generating good conversation here about a guy that has clearly been on the radar no matter what a chump guy on twitter says. He may be bluffing, he may not be. We don't know either way. It's generating good discussion, the original source matters not at this point.

:doh:

I don't get why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over these twitter rumor guys, especially at this time of year with nothing else going on. Everyone here knows that these are all just rumors and should be taken as such. Not to mention a few of these "sources" have actually had some things right in the past. Heck a lot of the stuff that they post daily could very well be correct since these are fluid situations that change from day to day. If it serves as a spring board for honest and realistic trade scenario discussion I truly don't see what the big deal is.

source is everything. It allows the rest of us to know if it is credible, or someone just blowing smoke out their ass. Is it generating good conversation? meh, just re hashing more of the same rumors. This has been one of the slowest off seasons I have EVER seen, so we are all a little desperate to discuss just about anything.

As far as I'm concerned, until a reputable source gives a little more info, I could care less at this point. We are still waiting on Doan to make a decision, and Anaheim isn't handcuffed like CBJ was, so they are going to take their sweet sweet time making a deal, and maximizing return.

I don't get why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over these twitter rumor guys, especially at this time of year with nothing else going on. Everyone here knows that these are all just rumors and should be taken as such. Not to mention a few of these "sources" have actually had some things right in the past. Heck a lot of the stuff that they post daily could very well be correct since these are fluid situations that change from day to day. If it serves as a spring board for honest and realistic trade scenario discussion I truly don't see what the big deal is.

Exactly. I just don't understand what these kids are getting so mad about. It's good discussion, who cares. We could just have another conversation about Shane Doan or what somebody is having for lunch today.

Enroth is not capable of being an NHL starter right now, that I'm certain of. I don't think he ever will be, but that's just me. I think he'll always be a very capable backup, but a starter? I don't see it. Could develop, yes. But I think he'll be a guy that COULD start on some bad teams, but really should be a backup.

Exactly. I just don't understand what these kids are getting so mad about. It's good discussion, who cares. We could just have another conversation about Shane Doan or what somebody is having for lunch today.

The past month or 2 have been endless discussions of Bobby Ryan. I am not seeing any real new talk on the subject

The Miller point has been made for two years and his denied it every time and said the same thing, so's the team, so's his agent. There is only a certain amount of time before this theory about him being traded to California for his wife gets tiring.

I know I'm sticking my neck out. I just have a hunch that maybe the house cleaning could include not having Miller around to save everyone's bacon when they start coasting.

PTR

I know I'm sticking my neck out. I just have a hunch that maybe the house cleaning could include not having Miller around to save everyone's bacon when they start coasting.

PTR

Maybe from the Sabres perspective they'd be interested in dealing Miller (I don't think they are, but that's beside the point). However, I still see absolutely no reason Anaheim would have interest when Hiller is almost the exact same goaltender on a $2 million cheaper contract.

Maybe from the Sabres perspective they'd be interested in dealing Miller (I don't think they are, but that's beside the point). However, I still see absolutely no reason Anaheim would have interest when Hiller is almost the exact same goaltender on a $2 million cheaper contract.

exactly, and there is no deal with Miller unless an equal or better goalie comes back IMO. :bag:

source is everything. It allows the rest of us to know if it is credible, or someone just blowing smoke out their ass. Is it generating good conversation? meh, just re hashing more of the same rumors. This has been one of the slowest off seasons I have EVER seen, so we are all a little desperate to discuss just about anything.

As far as I'm concerned, until a reputable source gives a little more info, I could care less at this point. We are still waiting on Doan to make a decision, and Anaheim isn't handcuffed like CBJ was, so they are going to take their sweet sweet time making a deal, and maximizing return.

I agree, if a source is credible then it makes it interesting to talk about as it could happen. There is a reason no-one posts Eklund rumours. If we are just talking about what it could take to get any player in the league it seems a bit boring and pointless.

Also, it is I couldn't care less - when will Americans learn if you could care less, you still care a bit :P

Enroth is not capable of being an NHL starter right now, that I'm certain of. I don't think he ever will be, but that's just me. I think he'll always be a very capable backup, but a starter? I don't see it. Could develop, yes. But I think he'll be a guy that COULD start on some bad teams, but really should be a backup.

How old are you? Do you refer to people as kids because you are very old? Or because you think they are acting as children? Either way it comes across as patronising and pathetic. If the rumours aren't true then it isn't good discussion as we have spoken about Ryan for about 3 months now. Moreover, if we are just generating good discussion why not talk about other random players? What would it take to get Quick? or Crosby? or Giroux?

I agree with you on Enroth though - he reminds me of Biron

But then the monkey throwing crap at a wall then tries to take all the credit just because one kernal of corn landed on a Rangers logo will another landed on Nash.

So Bobby Ryan is one of just seven players with at least 30 goals in four straight seasons while brandishing an "extremely spotty work ethic." I'll take it.

Don't count on it. Players have a habit of under performing after coming here. Witness Leino as the most recent.

Don't count on it. Players have a habit of under performing after coming here. Witness Leino as the most recent.

Leino was a one year wonder whose "one year" happened to be in a contract year. Maybe he's underperforming or maybe he's just not that good.

To those whining like little children about the source or whatever, calm down. .... It's generating good discussion, the original source matters not at this point.

i would discourage you from calling people "whining little children" when they grouse that you've started a new thread regarding a very, very newsworthy item without proffering a source with some credibility, track record and such.

i've seen a handful of your posts -- you're obviously no dummy and you follow the team's fortunes closely. it would be good to have your content become part of the community, but if you keep going ad hominem without any good reason, that won't happen. which would be a shame.

source is everything. It allows the rest of us to know if it is credible, or someone just blowing smoke out their ass.

this. the subject of bobby ryan has been discussed to death here. if you're going to start a mid-summer thread that suggests that the sabres are once again in on him big time, then (1) link a source with a whiff of credibility (of which there are many) or (2) take your lumps when people call you out for linking to an unknown rumor-monger on twitter.

As for Bobby Ryan... younger than Nash, similar production, manageable contract. Might not be as tough, but in my opinion, Ryan is the better player to have on your roster in terms of value and production. He will command more than the Nash trade, and although we probably do have the pieces to put a fair (fair not necessarily meaning one they would accept) deal together, I don't know if in the end it will be worth it.

Sure we could trade any Ennis, Foligno, McNabb, Pysyk, etc, but the fan boy inside of me would rather see most of these guys flourish into home grown, bona-fide NHLers right here in Buffalo. I know you have to give something to get something, but I'd rather not trade away (for example) McNabb and Pysyk and have them become a top pair shut down D in Anaheim. Obviously that's a risk you have to take in a trade, but I like McNabb.

Even Stafford... I mean, don't get me wrong, I would trade Stafford in a deal for Bobby Ryan in a second -- but the way he and Ennis worked together last season was impeccable. We have never seen either of them play like that, short of a few flashes during Staff's hat-trick filled season. And not to discredit Foligno, either-- he was an integral part of the line-- but Stafford & Ennis specifically showed some awesome chemistry with their short passing, give & goes, tic-tac-toes, etc. I wish I could find a video of some of the cycling these guys did down low last season. Maybe a full season with Ennis means Stafford could produce just as well as Bobby Ryan, who has spent the bulk of his career playing with superstars like Getzlaf, Perry, & Selanne.

In short, I would love to have Bobby Ryan, and I hope we do acquire him somehow, but I'm afraid of giving up too much for him. I could certainly part with Sekera, Stafford, probably even Pysyk since we haven't gotten to know him too well. I would be sad to see Gerbe go (just because I like him, not because I think he's better than Bobby Ryan), and anything involving Ennis, Foligno or McNabb or a definite no.

Here is my proposal, and yes, you may call me crazy:

To Buffalo:

Bobby Ryan

2013 Second Round Pick

To Anaheim:

Joel Armia

Jhonas Enroth

Adam Pardy

Andrej Sekera

2013 Third Round Pick

With Selanne and Koivu being staples of Finnish hockey, I would be shocked if Anaheim scouts didn't have a pretty good book on Joel Armia by now. Personally, I have no idea how good or bad he is, but judging by what I've read on this forum or around the internet, there are some pretty high hopes for the kid. With Hodgson, Ennis likely part of the long-term plan, and Grigorenko & Girgensons expected to eventually battle for a roster spot, Armia strikes me as a player we could part with that would work out well for both parties. It could certainly be a better situation for him over there, since there is less depth at center.

Sekera is the other key piece in the deal. After several seasons filled with flashes of potential, Sekera seems to be rounding his game out quite nicely. He was solid last season and is on a very affordable contract. Not much more to say about him.

Jhonas Enroth is the minor piece in the deal. He is a young goaltender who presumably has some value given how well he played in his short stints in Buffalo. I don't see Miller going any where anytime soon, so it's probably time to move Enroth and give him a chance elsewhere. Not saying that he'll out-compete Hiller for the starting job, but at least it's a change of scenery.

Adam Pardy is the thrown-in piece that doesn't really mean anything.

Maybe we would have to take back an extra body or two in salary, I didn't really do the math so I'm not sure.

Archived