A whole mess of stuff

Hoss

That HockeyyInsiderr dude just said the Sabres proposed the EXACT same deal that I've mentioned multiple times: Stafford, Sekera, Adam and a first. If the Sabres could get that deal, it'd be a great deal.

(No, I don't believe this guy or anything, just think it's funny to talk about).

However, I do think the guy has a few sources somewhere. Probably not many or many reliable ones, but something.

How does getting Stafford, Sekera and Adam and losing Ryan make the Ducks better? There needs to be balance, or, at least the perception of balance. That's where Miller comes in. I would be shocked if a deal was made with Anaheim that did not include Miller and Hiller. The perception would be Miller is the better goaltender. I proposed a Ryan/Hiller for Miller +++ deal a while back. IMO, that would be a deal that benefits both teams.

That HockeyyInsiderr dude just said the Sabres proposed the EXACT same deal that I've mentioned multiple times: Stafford, Sekera, Adam and a first. If the Sabres could get that deal, it'd be a great deal.

(No, I don't believe this guy or anything, just think it's funny to talk about).

However, I do think the guy has a few sources somewhere. Probably not many or many reliable ones, but something.

Only problem is that the Sabres aren't trading Stafford. They view him in an entirely different light as your insider.

Only problem is that the Sabres aren't trading Stafford. They view him in an entirely different light as your insider.

And what evidence do we have of that? (not defending the hockeyyyyyyinsiderererrrreresterrrr, just saying)

That's the problem with the deal. The fact that numerous people on the twitter/message boards throw the Stafford + Sekera + Adam package together every time a big name becomes available on the trade market should be enough to tell you that's not enough. Two players nobody wants on the team and a good-but-not-stellar defenseman probably isn't enough to land a Bobby Ryan type. I do think it's close, but not enough. Make it Armia instead of Adam and maybe you're getting there.

This I'm okay with. As much as I want Bobby Ryan, I'd like to see a full year of Stafford with Ennis. If Staff is gonna score 30 goals and 50 points ish on Ennis's wing, then that will account for most of the production we would get in a trade for Ryan. IDK. Glad I don't have to make the decision.

Stafford might score 30 goals. This is not guaranteed because staff can be streaky. If the fes line clicks then I agree he could score 30 but if he's moved to a different line he might only score 15-20. Compared to Ryan who has a better chance of scoring 30 no problem what line because he's an elite winger.

How does getting Stafford, Sekera and Adam and losing Ryan make the Ducks better? There needs to be balance, or, at least the perception of balance. That's where Miller comes in. I would be shocked if a deal was made with Anaheim that did not include Miller and Hiller. The perception would be Miller is the better goaltender. I proposed a Ryan/Hiller for Miller +++ deal a while back. IMO, that would be a deal that benefits both teams.

I think the chances that the Sabres trade Miller are close to zero.

Any inside info on this? From the outside, I would think Stafford would be a strong candidate for a trade, given DR's statement that the organization was highly frustrated with the way last season turned out. Stafford certainly was part of the core group that crapped the bed last year.

Stafford should be available in a trade for a first-liner.

But he is big skilled winger who can play on any second line in the league, not the piece of crap this board makes him out to be.

Adam was on a pretty good upward trajectory last year before hitting a wall hard.

He is not a sure NHLer. But he is still just 22.

Sekera is a top 4 D man who can skate and play in all situations and is on a sweet contract.

All three have value in this league. To say otherwise is wrong.

Stafford should be available in a trade for a first-liner.

But he is big skilled winger who can play on any second line in the league, not the piece of crap this board makes him out to be.

Adam was on a pretty good upward trajectory last year before hitting a wall hard.

He is not a sure NHLer. But he is still just 22.

Sekera is a top 4 D man who can skate and play in all situations and is on a sweet contract.

All three have value in this league. To say otherwise is wrong.

Yes yes and yes. Which is why that would be a good deal for both sides, but I do think Anaheim could get a little more. So minor tweaking (not Armia) to the deal could get it done. Maybe another pick in there or something like that.

Archived