A whole mess of stuff

Hoss

I don't think your description of Sekera fits how he played last year. Prior to that? Yeah, he was inconsistent but showed flashes of what he may be. But last season Sekera was a rock.

like I said I have different opinion here but that how it goes sometimes :)

If this is "reporting" I need to check my Mayan calender again..

+1

I don't think your description of Sekera fits how he played last year. Prior to that? Yeah, he was inconsistent but showed flashes of what he may be. But last season Sekera was a rock.

Dude! When was the last time we agreed 100% on our opinions of a player?

I 100% agree. But it's been said before, a trade for a guy like Ryan has to hurt. Losing Sekera would hurt but I'd do it. I agree with whomever said Ennis/Sekera is too steeop for Ryan. I don't think Sekera/Adam/1st would get it done, but I think that's a way fairer trade than most

Trading for a guy like Ryan will hurt ... after the trade is done and people in Buffalo realize what kind of player Bobby Ryan is. I think he is one of the worst possible fits for the Sabres. His combination of extremely spotty work ethic and hyper sensitive mental makeup will not mesh well with the Buffalo fans preference for hard working players nor with Lindy Ruff's abrasive coaching style.

Of course there's always the chance that Bobby Ryan will blossom in a new environment, but his work ethic has been questioned since before he ever took the ice in Anaheim, he's been an on again off again player his entire time in the Ducks organization.

I wouldn't trade Ryan for Stafford straight up, let alone some of the more fanciful deals being floated around here. If the Sabres end up not trading for Bobby Ryan, it will be my favorite move of the off season.

Trading for a guy like Ryan will hurt ... after the trade is done and people in Buffalo realize what kind of player Bobby Ryan is. I think he is one of the worst possible fits for the Sabres. His combination of extremely spotty work ethic and hyper sensitive mental makeup will not mesh well with the Buffalo fans preference for hard working players nor with Lindy Ruff's abrasive coaching style.

Of course there's always the chance that Bobby Ryan will blossom in a new environment, but his work ethic has been questioned since before he ever took the ice in Anaheim, he's been an on again off again player his entire time in the Ducks organization.

I wouldn't trade Ryan for Stafford straight up, let alone some of the more fanciful deals being floated around here. If the Sabres end up not trading for Bobby Ryan, it will be my favorite move of the off season.

It's hard for me with guys like Ryan. Your criticisms are spot on, but he is so gifted athletically it's hard to ignore it.

Nash and a top-5 3rd round pick were just traded for two 3rd line players, a top-4 D prospect and a bottom-10 (or worse) 1st round pick. Anybody thinking it will take heaven and earth to acquire Ryan isn't paying attention. And if it does take heaven and earth? Then you don't do it (well I wouldn't, anyway). I wouldn't be surprised if next year Anaheim is like Nashville....Getzlaf and Perry test the market, and Anaheim just doesn't have the cash on hand to lock them both up (the new CBA of course could make it much easier for Anaheim to retain them, but we don't know yet).

It's hard for me with guys liek Ryan. Your criticisms are spot on, but he is so gifted athletically it's hard to ignore it.

I hear you. I'm not even that high on taking work ethic over skill, I love high skill players and I am willing to cut them more slack than most, but Bobby Ryan is truly maddening. He has skills I would kill for, but absolutely no drive. Add to that he is super sensitive even to the point of pouting when someone blogs something critical of his play. When you manage to get all butthurt by the not so intense scrutiny of the Ducks fan base, I can not fathom why people think it is even remotely a good idea to bring him to Buffalo.

Who the hell is that?

This reliance on crappy twitter "sources" is getting ever more maddening.

We almost need to start going to the absolute minimum of there needing to be a name attached to the "rumor". Hell, I want to see credentials along with that.

https://twitter.com/NHLBeat says sabres are front runners for Ryan

This guy also said that Buffalo is talking to Semin. Darcy has said point blank, that he has no interest in Semin.

Who is this guy? And who is Mike Straw?

Again, I agree with your assessment, although I might take a chance on him for Stafford. His talent can't be denied but like Semin, it's what's between the ears that counts.

Why do you think I do most of my posting on someone else's dime? :P

Would you be interested in a 1984 Dodge Colt? It's got fuel injection.

Neither. Sabres may feel they need a fresh start with Enroth. Miller may feel the need for a 2nd chapter closer to the wife. No inside info, etc. Just a hunch.

PTR

Rolling into this season with Enroth between the pipes absolutely terrifies me.

Archived