Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

I hope Roy keeps his house in the Buffalo area because he seems to enjoy this city. I feel bad about him feeling sad about leaving but I would have no problem with him visiting Buffalo seeing that Dallas may not be his cup of tea.

A part of me thinks he won't resign with Dallas if the money isn't big.

Yeah i thought the same thing. He doesn't seem to be too happy about going. When they asked how do you feel about being traded he said very emotional and seemed very upset and then there was an awkward pause before he said he was looking forward to Dallas

yeah. exactly. i find that interesting because there is no way he could hide from the constant rumors involving his name. even darcy didn't sound as though he was part of the plan going forward. oh well. whats done is done. we added a new dynamic to the sabres that we haven't had in a while. i'm excited to hear RJ call out Otts hits!!

anyone else notice we have traded 2 of our assistant captains in the last few months?

Last year Lindy gave the "core" the leadership of the team. Listen to the speech he gave, it was almost begrudging. Basically, they wanted it, so here it is, now it's up to them to show that they can lead the team. Two of them, and more to the point: two of the "core", have been traded away. Add those to not re-signing Connolly and you are really starting to get actual change, not just redressing the same old pig.

I could see Stafford and McNabb for Ryan. Not thrilled but I can live with it.

think you could pull Stafford and Leopold? idk I don't want to speculate to much I just feel that something else is just waiting for Parise/Suter to move.

lol steve ott already has a Sabres shirt... must be Weber gave him one at some point lol awesome #ottisawesome

I could see Stafford and McNabb for Ryan. Not thrilled but I can live with it.

that might work.

darcy was quoted from his presser as saying that another deal was quite possible, but that things would have to "free up." a logical inference there is that parise needs to make up his mind and let the rest of the market sort itself out.

it remains unclear to me, though, that we would be pursuing ryan. after ott was acquired, vogl sourced the team as pursuing a(nother) center (see below), with the idea that ott would be free to play the wing (?).

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/219927879776088065

A few interesting bits from Darcy's presser:

He's been close to pulling the trigger on this one for some time (as someone up-thread speculated B-) )

He has offers in to free agents and is waiting for a response (which I am going to take as the closest thing we've seen anywhere to acknowledgement that the Sabres are in on Parise)

And though he says it's up to Lindy, he sees Ott as a winger first (which really changes my outlook on where they may go next. I thought this trade has closed the book on centre ice for next year. I like Ott as a number three centre, but he would look nice with Van and CoHo.)

thinking about this trade more...this trade actually makes me really happy. although i don't think it is very even, i am just glad that we got something for roy. my biggest concern was heading into the season with him and making a playoff push and darcy not milling to make a trade. i hate losing talent for nothing.

that might work.

darcy was quoted from his presser as saying that another deal was quite possible, but that things would have to "free up." a logical inference there is that parise needs to make up his mind and let the rest of the market sort itself out.

it remains unclear to me, though, that we would be pursuing ryan. after ott was acquired, vogl sourced the team as pursuing a(nother) center (see below), with the idea that ott would be free to play the wing (?).

https://twitter.com/...927879776088065

Statsny!

Archived