Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

i believe that ott is filling the position of the concept of paul gaustad.

could darcy be done with this one? will he go into camp with his nhl centers being hodgson, ennis, ott, and mccormick? (i am leaving grigor out of it.)

Yup, "concept of paul gaustad". You beat me to it.

I think he's done. Hodgson, Ennis and Ott are your centers. I think he expects Girgorenko to make the roster as well.

could darcy be done with this one? will he go into camp with his nhl centers being hodgson, ennis, ott, and mccormick? (i am leaving grigor out of it.)

That sounds like a piss poor offensive team to me. Hodgson is a total wild card, Ennis showed he can be a real good number 2 center but isn't proven, Ott is Gaustad and Mccormick is a guy who'll drop the gloves every three games but that's it. So where's the beef? (Beef equaling offense haha).

I'd expect he'll try to get another C, but that does look like what they'll head into the season with.

I know Ott is listed as a LW, but he took over 1,000 draws last season and won 55% of them. Sounds like the guy to 'center' for Leino on the 3rd line. Let 'em cover the position by committee if no one else comes into the or-gan-i-za-tion..

Roy has scored 70 or more points only twice in his career.

Thank you for backing up my post with statistics. He has seasons with 63 points, 81 points, 70 points, and 69 points before his injury shortened season (on pace for 82 pts at time of injury) and his down year last-season. So yes, 70 points is a fair benchmark for potential.

Thank you for backing up my post with statistics. He has seasons with 63 points, 81 points, 70 points, and 69 points before his injury shortened season (on pace for 82 pts at time of injury) and his down year last-season. So yes, 70 points is a fair benchmark for potential.

I agree a healthy 70pt roy would be great. But I think Healthy 70pt roy had a career ending leg injury in 2010-2011.

Unless the Sabres are officially in rebuilding mode, there's no way Darcy is done. I can't believe I'm saying, that, too. Wow, Darcy has nearly hit the reset button for me.

I say again: Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I agree a healthy 70pt roy would be great. But I think Healthy 70pt roy had a career ending leg injury in 2010-2011.

Lol, +1 (wish we could still do that). You may be right.

Sorry to be that guy but what can we offer the Ducks now? I thought Roy would be the figure piece for a trade for Ryan.

Rumors I've read have said the Ducks want Ennis in a deal involving Ryan. Obviously that can't happen since we are now short on centers once again, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Sorry to be that guy but what can we offer the Ducks now? I thought Roy would be the figure piece for a trade for Ryan.

Why Ryan? Let them find a center for Vanek and Pommers.

Well thats rebuilt our bottom 2 lines as follows for me:

Leino-Ott-Kaleta(RFA)

Gerbe/Ellis-McCormick-Scott

Pending further moves, am I about right?

Why Ryan? Let them find a center for Vanek and Pommers.

I'm happy with Ennis and Hodgson for top 2 lines C atm I have to say.

Lol, +1 (wish we could still do that). You may be right.

Rumors I've read have said the Ducks want Ennis in a deal involving Ryan. Obviously that can't happen since we are now short on centers once again, so I'm not sure what to expect.

They can have Ennis if they toss in Koivu.

Archived