Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

Touche. I'll shut my trap. I still think Vanek and Pom are top line wingers tho. I'd also be surprised i Hogson isn't centering them.

I fully expect to see that line together some this year as well.

But I think they are going to give Grigs every opportunity to show he should be here longer than 9 games and the best way for him to make that case is to be playing with some serious offensive talent. (Vanek fits that bill, Hodgson could.) I don't see him on the 3rd line at all in the 1st 40 or so games, and don't see how the season starts w/ the Ennis line broken up (again, barring any other moves) and don't see how he locks himself a spot playing w/ McCormick and whoever ends up forward #12.

Again, coming out of the Q, I expect him to be lost trying to cover a Crosby or Malkin (or even a Sutter) in game 1 in the NHL watching the front of the net. Let him work in and get used to the increase in speed covering a point.

Holy mackerel. I have no idea how good ol' Luc's sources are, but he's a legit TV hockey guy in Canada -- not some yob in his basement.

I wouldn't trade Ennis and McNabb for Ryan, but I would give both up in a heartbeat for Nash.

I only saw it repeated by rumor handles and only now just saw it was Luc who originally said it :doh:

Fantasy hockey types certainly do.

It has nothing to do with whether he likes Lindy. There are many, many great players who don't like their coaches. The stat that really counts is wins. Roy didn't contribute to his team getting 'em, especially in the playoffs. And the most direct evidence we have -- ie what happened to the team in 2010-11 after Roy got hurt -- makes a compelling case that Roy contributed to his team losing.

Not really. They damn-near did the same thing this past season. Not quite the same deficit but a horrible first half followed by a remarkable turnaround over the last few months of the season, missing playoffs by only a few points rather than landing a Top 5 pick. And Roy was a part of that.

Nathan Gerbe@NathanGerbe42

Sad to see @Roy9ner go. Awesome teammate and guy. Good luck. Welcome John Scott and @otter2nine to buffalo. #begreat

Why is Gerbe saying the lockeroom cancer was a good teammate? Does he know nothing?

What do you expect him to say.

Great trade. Weave told us all he is camping with his son. I think he is with DR making sure he has the right spelling of Ott and Joe's cell number.

What do you expect him to say.

Great trade. Weave told us all he is camping with his son. I think he is with DR making sure he has the right spelling of Ott and Joe's cell number.

He doesn't have to say anything? He could have just said "Sad to see him go. Goodluck" and that would have been a polite send off.

Okay well throw in Vanek, Pysyk, and McNabb (with Hodgson) and grab Getzlaf and Ryan. (anythings possible) :angel:

minus the fact Darcy just said, we are not moving Ennis or Hodgson... why would he move hodgson? He just traded a top prospect to get him. Hodgson will be good I really don't get this all out push to trade him. Guy had 41pts as a Rookie and was injured in Van so I am looking forward to a full season of fully healthy CoHo

Again, coming out of the Q, I expect him to be lost trying to cover a Crosby or Malkin (or even a Sutter) in game 1 in the NHL watching the front of the net. Let him work in and get used to the increase in speed covering a point.

sage stuff.

wow. awkward! he genuinely seems sad to leave though. i wish him well.

Yeah i thought the same thing. He doesn't seem to be too happy about going. When they asked how do you feel about being traded he said very emotional and seemed very upset and then there was an awkward pause before he said he was looking forward to Dallas

Archived