Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

We could get bobby Ryan and people would bitch. We have Hodgson, Ennis, ott, Adam, and grigs. This is the best trade ever for Roy. He is going to crumble in the west. We got a guy who is 55% on face offs, 5th in the league with 276 hits, 40 Pts and 156 penalty mins. Geeee I think Darcy messed up, NOT. Thanks DR sooo much excellent trade

this is good to see. should add a lot to our team. and he should fill that 3rd line role well. anyone know what his contract is like?

You expect our leading scorer and captain on our third line? a natural LW to play RW with 2 centres? I really don't like those lines, no offense.

Yep. At least for the first 5 or so games.

Pominville is the best defensive forward on this team and I think he could be part of a very solid shutdown line and because he plays on the 2nd pp unit, he'll end up leading the forwards in ice time.

Grigorenko has the best pure talent of anybody on this roster. I expect he'll start the year with Vanek and Hodgson. Vanek's a righty shot and ends up playing RW quite a bit.

I expect stuff to change up quite a bit over the 1st couple of months and I don't expect Grigs to be on the top line for too long, but barring any additional moves, that's what I expect to see on opening night against the Pens.

Pominville is the best defensive forward on this team and I think he could be part of a very solid shutdown line and because he plays on the 2nd pp unit, he'll end up leading the forwards in ice time.

Grigorenko has the best pure talent of anybody on this roster. I expect he'll start the year with Vanek and Hodgson. Vanek's a righty shot and ends up playing RW quite a bit.

I expect stuff to change up quite a bit over the 1st couple of months and I don't expect Grigs to be on the top line for too long, but barring any additional moves, that's what I expect to see on opening night against the Pens.

i dont see them putting the rookie center on the wing though

Don't know, but he's got a Rico's worth of 135+ PIM seasons.

How many of those did Derek have?

It's usually a helluva lot easier to replace PIM than goals. Goals win games. I get the need to get rid of Roy, but we lost this trade. I hope they've got some magic up their sleeves, otherwise I'm afraid this team will be very hard to watch this year.

I do not think that is a very fair statement. I hope you are right, but that is a wild assumption at this point.

i dont see them putting the rookie center on the wing though

Why not?

Much easier defensive responsibility and coming from the Q he should be quite lost in his own end initially. I don't expect him to stay on the wing forever (quite possibly not even the entire season) but I do see him starting there.

It's usually a helluva lot easier to replace PIM than goals. Goals win games. I get the need to get rid of Roy, but we lost this trade. I hope they've got some magic up their sleeves, otherwise I'm afraid this team will be very hard to watch this year.

There's a reason Roy was so hard to move, he was a whinging player who was hard to motivate. His attitude was called into question and we say during the draft how that effected Grigs.

2.95mil for the next 2 years is otts contract

2mil for Pardy for this season only

Is this a salary dump? idk somethings going on.

Pure Salary dump imho, Dallas are after space to make more signings i suspect.

Building towards the future. Roy was not a part of that future.

The 3rd line just got a lot bigger and we've got a guy that can take important faceoffs, win them, AND stay on the ice. Neither Roy nor Gaustad could do all 3.

There's a reason Roy was so hard to move, he was a whinging player who was hard to motivate. His attitude was called into question and we say during the draft how that effected Grigs.

Pure Salary dump imho, Dallas are after space to make more signings i suspect.

why though? They are below the cap floor at a whoppin 44mil they have 25mil in cap space... it doesn't make sense.

Pardy is decent looking (his numbers) he seems to be a shutdown guy and is a -2 in 183gp....

Nathan Gerbe@NathanGerbe42

Sad to see @Roy9ner go. Awesome teammate and guy. Good luck. Welcome John Scott and @otter2nine to buffalo. #begreat

I like this trade a lot.

I got this from Wiki........This is dedication, lol.

Ott represented Canada at the 2001 World Junior Hockey Championship, helping the team win the bronze medal. As part of his pestiness, Ott learned and memorized offensive phrases in other languages to strategically annoy his opponents on the ice in a language they could understand

Archived