Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

Not saying that the team didn't also lack some heart, or that they were Cup favorites when healthy. And yes, everyteam has injuries, but when your top guys are missing long stretches due to injury (sometimes at the same time), its not going to mean good things. The point I was mostly arguing was the fact they they had one of the highest payrolls, an "elite" coach and didn't make the playoffs. Well if the team wasn't hit as hard as they were from injuries this year, they would have been in. They lost their starting goalie, top 2 defencemen for substantial periods of time. They had multiple players apparently not playing near 100% healthy (Vanek, Roy, Miller after the hit apparently, etc.)

How did injuries at the beginning/middle of the season,.. have an effect on the last five games of the year,.. when they had control of our own fate,.. and went 1 and 4,.. losing one to TO?

I'm confused.

How did injuries at the beginning/middle of the season,.. have an effect on the last five games of the year,.. when they had control of our own fate,.. and went 1 and 4,.. losing one to TO?

I'm confused.

Myers and Ehrhoff we out the last 5 too.

I'm confused.

That was a particularly disgraceful stretch -- under-discussed, IMHO, and probably because the Lucic-Miller debacle overshadowed all of the (many) other displays of gutlessness the Sabres gave us last season -- but if one gives credence to the injury excuse, it must be noted that Myers and Ehrhoff were both injured during that stretch.

Bump.

Got an email from an online friend out in Dallas. I asked him what he thought about the trade. These were his exact words:

"I hate the trade.We need some grit on the team.Otter was my fav star.Roy will be second line center.We need goals on this team.He will help with that.Signing jagr and whitney was stupid.We are not a playoff team.Might be top 5 draft pick team.Stay in touch my friend."

Bump.

Got an email from an online friend out in Dallas. I asked him what he thought about the trade. These were his exact words:

"I hate the trade.We need some grit on the team.Otter was my fav star.Roy will be second line center.We need goals on this team.He will help with that.Signing jagr and whitney was stupid.We are not a playoff team.Might be top 5 draft pick team.Stay in touch my friend."

Ah, that's better.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived