Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

also: it's sort of weird how the stars traded away riberio (about whom i know nothing) at the draft for a prospect and a second rounder. at the time, i thought to myself -- is that good or bad for the sabres? since that deal appeared to show (1) you could get a decent/good nhl center for not too terribly much, but (2) that the market for d. roy could be correspondingly thin.

were you saving that one? if so, it was worth hanging onto.

Tell me about Pardy. Is he useful for is he this year's Morrison?

i know nothing. but, seeing his GP last year (~35) and his cap hit ($2M), it is reasonable to infer that we were taking back salary with pardy.

thorough-looking write-up on pardy as a late season whipping boy in dallas is here:

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/3/23/2895749/pardy-whipping-boy-dallas-stars-

also: it's sort of weird how the stars traded away riberio (about whom i know nothing) at the draft for a prospect and a second rounder. at the time, i thought to myself -- is that good or bad for the sabres? since that deal appeared to show (1) you could get a decent/good nhl center for not too terribly much, but (2) that the market for d. roy could be correspondingly thin.

were you saving that one? if so, it was worth hanging onto.

I wasn't, but it came to me as soon as I read the trade. It was like it had been waiting deep in my subconscious for the day it could finally be released. :beer:

Anyone who doesn't like this trade can suck my nuts. BOTH of em. Ditching that little shitbird is all sorts of addition by subtraction.

Now let's see if Darcy can accomplish addition by addition.

This trade is Peter Boyle and I am Madaline Kahn!

:lol:

Is Ott that much better than Roy? Is the benefit of this trade being that we got rid of a locker room cancer or is Ott filling a true position of need?

Ott is filling the position of Not-Derek-Roy.

Not sure how i feel about this trade, Pardy is clearly a nothing throw in; if anything we are taking salary back? I might be one of the few, but i will miss Roy - i have only been a hockey fan for 6 years, so this is one of the first guys i got to watch grow with the sabres. I feel sad for him, simply because of he had the Ryan syndrome of always being sent the other way, but never once complained.

I hope Roy has an awesome time and rebounds in Dallas. I hope Ott can get more points than Goose this year and is a force on the PK/defensively. At least he seems to have a good attitude.

It is also the first time in a while we have a had a prototypical 3rd line centre

I wasn't, but it came to me as soon as I read the trade. It was like it had been waiting deep in my subconscious for the day it could finally be released. :beer:

Anyone who doesn't like this trade can suck my nuts. BOTH of em. Ditching that little shitbird is all sorts of addition by subtraction.

Now let's see if Darcy can accomplish addition by addition.

I've heard rumors of this trade, all I can say is :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Darcy Regier. Good job for getting it done.

BTW, my mothers maiden name was Ott. She passed away some time ago, I may get a jersey with Ott and her year of birth.

:lol:

I mean what does he do that's worth trading a guy we could have used to get Ryan? does he win face offs? Does he make plays? All I know is we need offense and as of now I don't get how Ott will help with that.

i believe that ott is filling the position of the concept of paul gaustad.

could darcy be done with this one? will he go into camp with his nhl centers being hodgson, ennis, ott, and mccormick? (i am leaving grigor out of it.)

I mean what does he do that's worth trading a guy we could have used to get Ryan? does he win face offs? Does he make plays? All I know is we need offense and as of now I don't get how Ott will help with that.

He's basically a much better Gaustad. 14th in the league in faceoffs this year, with size and grit.

Up in the air on the trade, it's whatever. But I've been suspended for posting much less offensive things so be careful :flirt:

I think I would have liked a 2nd + Roy for Ribero (although he is kind of a clown) + Ott. Too bad Wash got him for a 2nd. I also do not understand why Dallas trades Ribero only to put up Roy, other than Ribero is 1mil more a year.

I will say this, the only time I ever saw Ott play in person was his only career hat trick.

Archived