Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

WGR has been saying that the Sabres want OTT on the wing, of course, why would Lindy let him play his position. Another player that will follow in line with Boyes and Leino. Roy may have been a disruptive force, but the real monster destroying the Sabres is Lindy Ruff.

WGR has been saying that the Sabres want OTT on the wing, of course, why would Lindy let him play his position. Another player that will follow in line with Boyes and Leino. Roy may have been a disruptive force, but the real monster destroying the Sabres is Lindy Ruff.

FYI: LW has been Ott's primary position throughout his NHL Career. He has added proficiency in the faceoff circle as a way to make himself more valuable and versatile.

:huh:

You do realize that he primarily plays LW, right? After the faceoff, he plays where the LW would. Not sure where you're going w/ this one.

Early in the thread, it's been mentioned that Ott's natural position is winger. He takes faceoffs, and then shifts over to play the wing position. As much as I am not a fan of Ruff's coaching, this isn't a Leino/Boyes situation.

I never said Foligno "makes that line"; I said he made his linemates "better." The same way I thought Adam make Vanek better at the start of the season as a power forward who went to the net and gave Vanek room, and the way I think Ott could do something similar. It doesn't mean one player's skills are magically making another guy play well when he normally wouldn't. It means they make each other better by playing with complimentary styles.

The entire chemistry, which, unfortunately for so many of you here, includes all THREE players, and none of us can say if even HALF of that productivity and chemistry would have ever materialized if all three of them were not there.

The entire chemistry, which, unfortunately for so many of you here, includes all THREE players, and none of us can say if even HALF of that productivity and chemistry would have ever materialized if all three of them were not there.

We know Ennis took his game up a notch before Stafford did and before Foligno showed up on his line. So it wasn't magic. These guys are still responsible for their own performance.

There's no point in trying to quantify it (half this guy or half that guy) and, BTW, NO ONE was trying to do that. I said Foligno made his two line mates better, which seemed like the least controversial take of all time, and amazingly that turned into some weird situation where everyone is having a different, unrelated argument. Well done, guys.

Yup, its all Ruffs fault, I bet its also Ruffs fault for everything Obama gets blamed for too!

Except that its been said probably 100 times here already that Ott plays wing but takes faceoffs. So yup, Ruffs gonna screw him up by not playing him at his natural position. And it was Darcy that came out right after signing Leino that they brought him in to play Centre

We know Ennis took his game up a notch before Stafford did and before Foligno showed up on his line. So it wasn't magic. These guys are still responsible for their own performance.

There's no point in trying to quantify it (half this guy or half that guy) and, BTW, NO ONE was trying to do that. I said Foligno made his two line mates better, which seemed like the least controversial take of all time, and amazingly that turned into some weird situation where everyone is having a different, unrelated argument. Well done, guys.

It could be because theres no way to tell if that truly made Ennis better. Theres no proof of that. Ennis was already playing great when Foligno joined him. Thats why people are correcting you. Its not like Ennis was just playing alright and when Foligno joined him he stepped it up, or Foligno was taken off his line and Ennis regressed......

I blame Ruff for the arguement about this

:huh:

You do realize that he primarily plays LW, right? After the faceoff, he plays where the LW would. Not sure where you're going w/ this one.

I mentioned it because of the threads that talked about him centering a line and the truth is I wasn't sure were he played, I don't follow the Stars at all and I'm not as efficient at Google as some people.

Yup, its all Ruffs fault, I bet its also Ruffs fault for everything Obama gets blamed for too!

Except that its been said probably 100 times here already that Ott plays wing but takes faceoffs. So yup, Ruffs gonna screw him up by not playing him at his natural position. And it was Darcy that came out right after signing Leino that they brought him in to play Centre

Sorry Mrs Ruff.

It could be because theres no way to tell if that truly made Ennis better. Theres no proof of that. Ennis was already playing great when Foligno joined him. Thats why people are correcting you. Its not like Ennis was just playing alright and when Foligno joined him he stepped it up, or Foligno was taken off his line and Ennis regressed......

I blame Ruff for the arguement about this

Actually, there is proof of that.

He had 18 points in his last 13 games of the season (all with Stafford and Foligno), including several multi-point games. In the 20 games before that, he had 11 points (which, yes, was an improvement over his October and December numbers but not that much). The best we've ever seen Ennis play as a Sabre was when Foligno and Stafford were his line mates. I honestly can't believe anyone is disputing that those three guys made each other better but it's July and here we are.

BTW, here's Ennis' game by game since your memory is apparently foggy: http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/5069/tyler-ennis

This just made me excited for hockey/seeing Ott vs the Bruins

Not me. Looks to me that he's going to take a lot of penalties and have someone else clean up his messes. I know there are reasons to really like this guy, but that video isn't one of them IMO.

Not me. Looks to me that he's going to take a lot of penalties and have someone else clean up his messes. I know there are reasons to really like this guy, but that video isn't one of them IMO.

Come on man, you're not even a little tickled that this guy is an agitator?

I bet he goes to the box and takes someone with him most of the time.

Come on man, you're not even a little tickled that this guy is an agitator?

I bet he goes to the box and takes someone with him most of the time.

Overall, I'm really ok with the acquisition, but that video does nothing for me. He didn't do anything there that Kaleta can't do.

Overall, I'm really ok with the acquisition, but that video does nothing for me. He didn't do anything there that Kaleta can't do.

Good point, but Kaleta cannot seem to stay in the lineup ,while Ott has been very durable. Nice to a have couple of guys who play a similar role in any case.

Archived