Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

I like the actual comment he made.

Getting asked alot. I'm excited to wear no. "9" my minor hockey number and I thought it would be easy for Blo fans to replace the name bar

yowza! I'm surprised he didn't end that with "BURNNNN"

It's the basic concept of value. I think Bobby Ryan would be a great pick up. Bobby Ryan making $7 mil a year? It's a different story. Miller is a great example. If Miller was closer to the $4 mil range I would never consider trading him. At his current price, I hope they do move him.

You don;t think the Sabres would get more trade offers? When it comes to a player contract $2 mil is a big difference. Wouldn't Vanek be less of a disappointment if he made $2mil less? Who on this board wants to trade Stafford if he makes only $2 mil a season? As TW smartly pointed out, once the Sabres paid Leino's bonus he actually becomes tradeable.

Fail.

IMO, Miller is not better than Pavelec, Fleury or Bryzgalov. Just like it's your opinion that he is. IMO, Miller doesn't give his team anymore chance of winning than the goalies you mentioned do their own teams. Not to mention those three goalies actually made the playoffs last season.

Let's look at one undeniable fact. When the Sabres beat Washington on March 27th they held their playoff destiny in their own hands. It was crunch time and Miller responded with 13 goals allowed on 87 shots over the next three games. That's not elite.

So now, just because your team makes the playoffs, it makes you a better goalie? The Pens and Flyers DID NOT make the playoffs because of their goaltending. Those teams are atleast twice as good as the Sabres infront of the goalies. Both those goalies were so bad in the first round against each other they looked like broken sieves. Weren't the Sabres also missing a couple of their top defencemen during those last 3 games also?

As for Pavelac, The Jets never made the playoffs and he had worse stats then Miller

Pavelac - 2.91 gaa, .906 Save%, 29-28-9

Miller - 2.55 gaa, .916 Save%, 31-21-7

(And Just for fun)

Enroth - 2.70 gaa, .917 Save%, 8-11-4

MA Fleury - 2.36 gaa, .913 Save%, 42-17-4

Bryzgalov - 2.48 gaa, .909 Save%, 33-16-7

So now, just because your team makes the playoffs, it makes you a better goalie? The Pens and Flyers DID NOT make the playoffs because of their goaltending. Those teams are atleast twice as good as the Sabres infront of the goalies. Both those goalies were so bad in the first round against each other they looked like broken sieves. Weren't the Sabres also missing a couple of their top defencemen during those last 3 games also?

As for Pavelac, The Jets never made the playoffs and he had worse stats then Miller

Pavelac - 2.91 gaa, .906 Save%, 29-28-9

Miller - 2.55 gaa, .916 Save%, 31-21-7

(And Just for fun)

Enroth - 2.70 gaa, .917 Save%, 8-11-4

MA Fleury - 2.36 gaa, .913 Save%, 42-17-4

Bryzgalov - 2.48 gaa, .909 Save%, 33-16-7

when it comes to goalie stats I personally look at sv% as an indicator of what the gt is like and I look at GAA to see what the team in front of him was like.

Dallas will look silly when Roy has his shoulder surgery and is out until November.

is this new, or a lingering problem from last season...or am I missing some sort of humor here... :blush: :unsure:

And wouldn't something like that have to be disclosed in the trade to begin with, or is it not like the NFL? (i.e. when a trade is made, the teams preform physicals on the players coming in, and any preexisting conditions need to be disclosed, and if they are not, the trade can be voided, like the trade with the Bills made with Indy a few seasons back).

How?

The only good thing to come out of this is if Dallas says they knew about the issue and felt it was better for him to have surgery versus playing through it in Buffalo.

its funny because we dont have to deal with it.

So how did the NHL justify the decision to let the trade stand? Here's what Bryan Lewis, NHL Supervisor of Officials, had to say:

"A shoulder that rebounds off the goalie, the goal post or an opposing player is not deemed to be a change of possession, and therefore Roy would be deemed to be in possession or control of the shoulder, allowed to shoot and have surgery even though the one foot would be in the bar in advance of the shoulder.

"Roy had possession and control of his shoulder. The rebound off the goalie does not change anything. It is his shoulder then to shoot or have surgery albeit a foot may or may not be in the bar prior to."

"Did he or did he not have possession and control? Our view was yes, he did. He played the shoulder from his foot to his stick, shot and had surgery."

How?

The only good thing to come out of this is if Dallas says they knew about the issue and felt it was better for him to have surgery versus playing through it in Buffalo.

I would like to give you a round of applause for this. You managed to take something that no longer has anything at all to do with the Sabres an make it about how the Sabres organization sucks balls... bravo your undying disgust not only clouds your mind but also manipulates your every post into a continuous diatribe about how crappy everyone from the players to the GM and even the owner are. Roy sucked while he was here but not that he is gone it was the sabres fault he sucked because they wouldn;t let him have shoulder surgery. Got it, and for that we thank you :flirt:

I would like to give you a round of applause for this. You managed to take something that no longer has anything at all to do with the Sabres an make it about how the Sabres organization sucks balls... bravo your undying disgust not only clouds your mind but also manipulates your every post into a continuous diatribe about how crappy everyone from the players to the GM and even the owner are. Roy sucked while he was here but not that he is gone it was the sabres fault he sucked because they wouldn;t let him have shoulder surgery. Got it, and for that we thank you :flirt:

I'm with D.Drane on this one. Dealing takes a fair amount of goodwill between GM's. What do you think Joe Mieuwendyk's goodwill meter is at this afternoon if he was unaware of shoulder issues?

I'm with D.Drane on this one. Dealing takes a fair amount of goodwill between GM's. What do you think Joe Mieuwendyk's goodwill meter is at this afternoon if he was unaware of shoulder issues?

another reason why I'm asking as well. Even if Mieuwendyk's goodwill meter is still decent, what do the other GM's around the league think of Darcy after this? does it make it harder for him to make any deal now?

Archived