All about Justin Schultz

deluca67

So, have we reached a consensus yet? Is Justin Shultz a douchenozzle or no?

Are you sure about college kids and contracts? I thought once a contract was signed, college eligibilty was over.

That was my understanding as well.

Are you sure about college kids and contracts? I thought once a contract was signed, college eligibilty was over.

The answer to that is the key for me, if he was eligible to sign awhile ago and they're waiting till now it's on Anaheim. If not its on him.

1) Shultz played by the rules.

2) He did not make the rules.

3) If you think he owes Anaheim something than explain what he owes and why.

4) As for 'douchenozzle', I have no opinion, I do not know him.

I like these, but I'll just add-

5) He has forfeited his right to complain about how any club treats him in the future.

Maybe I should've used the words "bona fide offer". if they gave him an offer Anaheim would retain his rights until the fourth June 1st after his draft day.

If the player is still in college they don't need to make him an offer to retain his rights. Once he leaves they have to make an offer to retain rights. Obviously, Anaheim never made him an offer.

A lot of the rumbling from Anaheim fans is that they could have at least traded his rights for a 6th or 7th round pick. This is assuming they knew he was about to quit college and walk.

So wait, Hockey player gets drafted to play professional hockey his life long dream decides he doesn't like the team and refuses to play for them... hmmm toal dick move along with being a whiny bitchy cry effin baby.

Are we talking about Justin Schultz or Cody Hodgson?

Shultz wants top 4 minutes. If he doesn't earn those minutes ie, he sucks in the big league what happens if he's moved down a notch or two on the depth chart? does he whine and demand a trade? Another thing. I believe he'll go to Vancity being its his hometown and all but in Vancity they make you earn your minutes. How will that look to his team mates if he doesn't have to earn his minutes. Could be a clusterfukc all around for this kid.

Schultz is a ten-foot tall beast man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi!

He has baby shrimp ?

1) Shultz played by the rules.

2) He did not make the rules.

3) If you think he owes Anaheim something than explain what he owes and why.

4) As for 'douchenozzle', I have no opinion, I do not know him.

1) That doesn't make it right.

2) I don't see the relevance of this point whatsoever.

3) They gave him a shot at acheiving his dream and he decided they weren't good enough? At least Lindros had a reason (not wanting to learn French wasn't it?) Get bent in my books. Has anyone seen Suits? Seems like a good analogy but I don't have the time to word it properly.

I'm not even sure the league owes the Ducks anything. What if Grigs goes to the K? Did he screw over the Sabres? Does the league owe the Sabres another pick?

Actually, yes they would. You lose a first round pick you get compensation, the same pick in the second round the year after you lose the player's rights.

I think everyone would be pissed at Darcy because he didn't land him.

That's what people wouldn't be cool with.

Anaheim had 4 years to sign the kid to a contract. George Bush was president when this kid got drafted.

I can't blame him. Why sign with Anaheim and risk getting sent to the AHL on 2-way.

He takes that two-way risk no matter where he goes. All entry level deals are required to be two-way.

Actually, yes they would. You lose a first round pick you get compensation, the same pick in the second round the year after you lose the player's rights.

He takes that two-way risk no matter where he goes. All entry level deals are required to be two-way.

Entry level deal. Of course. Good point.

I would love Schultz but to me the bigger question is why hasn't "hockey heavan" been embraced yet. In my opinion, it is a failure of the organization that a rabid hockey community within driving distance to Canada is still not considered a potential landing spot for a player like this. I have read a ton about him and not once was Buffalo listed as a potential landing spot.

It does make you wonder what actual progress has been made since Pegula took over? They convinced Regehr to leave a team that made it clear they no longer wanted him. They signed two free agents by grossly over paying the front part of the contracts.

I really can't believe we're arguing the morality of a player wanting to play on a team he likes. We'd be losing our minds if he was clamoring to play here, but instead we're all butthurt because he doesn't.

Chill out.

Signing Schultz would be like obtaining another first round talent that is ready to play now.

It does make you wonder what actual progress has been made since Pegula took over? They convinced Regehr to leave a team that made it clear they no longer wanted him. They signed two free agents by grossly over paying the front part of the contracts.

EVERYONE overpays free agents!!! That's the only way you can sign one.

As for Regehr, they convinced him to move his entire family across the continent (and to a new country). That's not nothing.

Signing Schultz would be like obtaining another first round talent that is ready to play now.

I'm assuming the bolded is merely opinion, and if so, it would be more than likely correct. Kudos to you for the observation.

As for the Regehr situation and FA signings, I couldn't disagree more.

Regehr was traded to Buffalo because of the Kotalik contract, pure and simple. Yes, he did have to agree to wave, but Calgary was in no position to move him without some talent coming back, and Butler, well let's just say that was a less than graceful moment for Calgary.

In short, it had little to do with Calgary having no interest in Regehr and a great deal to do with money.

There is no they. There is only Terry Pegula. Regier gave council, Pegula listened and hence we have Ehrhoff and Leino.

I will say I am still very hesitant on Regier, the Leino signing was definitely throwing darts at the board in the dark. But the Ehrhoff signing was nothing short of outstanding. It doesn't matter if the contract was front loaded, after all, your not footing the immediate bill.

BILL BRASKY!!!!1!

:P

Did I ever tell you about the time Schultz went hunting? Well anyway, Schultz decides he's gonna hunt down all four members of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machete. They all beg for their lives, except Fleagul.

I'm assuming the bolded is merely opinion, and if so, it would be more than likely correct. Kudos to you for the observation.

As for the Regehr situation and FA signings, I couldn't disagree more.

Regehr was traded to Buffalo because of the Kotalik contract, pure and simple. Yes, he did have to agree to wave, but Calgary was in no position to move him without some talent coming back, and Butler, well let's just say that was a less than graceful moment for Calgary.

In short, it had little to do with Calgary having no interest in Regehr and a great deal to do with money.

There is no they. There is only Terry Pegula. Regier gave council, Pegula listened and hence we have Ehrhoff and Leino.

I will say I am still very hesitant on Regier, the Leino signing was definitely throwing darts at the board in the dark. But the Ehrhoff signing was nothing short of outstanding. It doesn't matter if the contract was front loaded, after all, your not footing the immediate bill.

I completely agree, I think the Ehrhoff signing was great. Think about it this way, we have Ehrhoff for 1.25 million less than Calgary is paying Dennis Wideman. Furthermore, with the cap going up to 70 mil, 4 million is going to be 3-4 defenseman pay in a few years (at the rate things seem to be going). The fact that we got the top D man of last year's free agency (I think that is a fair statement, right? Or at least the most coveted) for 4 million is a steal. While you might not like those front loaded contracts, it sure helped the kings this season (via Philly's use of that technique with Richards and Jeff Carter).

My biggest complaint about Darcy is that he does not seem to place enough weight in character. We seem to have a lot of accountability issues from the "core" as far as hard work. I would love to land a guy like Dustin Brown or David Backes, where you can tell that game in and game out (shift to shift) they just give a damn.

When it was stated that 26 teams had an interest in this guy, I automatically assumed that the Sabres were one of the four that didn't.

This guy is unproven plus he has an Eric Lindros attitude. And you guys complain about Roy? Something tells me this guy is trouble looking to find a team.

Archived