Free Agency: Goose or no Goose?

IKnowPhysics

Nah. The past is the past, he probably gets more money than he will be worth.

I agree. I did (do) love him, but it is time to move on. I would like to see at least one more of the core (Roy?) moved. That said, Roy's salary and cap hit are "friendly". Not sure what moves to suggest, but bringing Goose back is not one of them ... so DR probably will sign him for a raise ... :ph34r: .

By the way ...

I love the new avatar, but I noticed you are still "Fourth Liner" ... might I suggest "Lead Balloon Man" ... if you catch the way I've drifted ... :P .

I agree. I did (do) love him, but it is time to move on. I would like to see at least one more of the core (Roy?) moved. That said, Roy's salary and cap hit are "friendly". Not sure what moves to suggest, but bringing Goose back is not one of them ... so DR probably will sign him for a raise ... :ph34r: .

By the way ...

I love the new avatar, but I noticed you are still "Fourth Liner" ... might I suggest "Lead Balloon Man" ... if you catch the way I've drifted ... :P .

I think Roy's cap hit is most friendly on a different team. I'd rather overpay Stoll than Goose, if only because he is a different player than we have seen underperforming here for years.

Then again, Stoll is a win away from a cup in LA, why would he want to come here? :P

I think Roy's cap hit is most friendly on a different team. I'd rather overpay Stoll than Goose, if only because he is a different player than we have seen underperforming here for years.

Then again, Stoll is a win away from a cup in LA, why would he want to come here? :P

... or two losses from being just another loser. Actually, not just another loser ... a loser after having a 3 - 0 lead in the SCF. I believe the only other time that has happened was in 1942 ... Detroit and Toronto, with Toronto (imagine that) making the comeback. I think that was right around the time our beloved Millbank was born.

EDIT: Hey, I want some props for your new member name ... why should Mr. Moon get all the props ... :( .

Huge no. Why would you want what little he brings? We need to break away from DR's "boys." Furthermore, he broke out, why would he want to come back? I'd stay in Nashville if it was an option. Great city and a better team.

... or two losses from being just another loser. Actually, not just another loser ... a loser after having a 3 - 0 lead in the SCF. I believe the only other time that has happened was in 1942 ... Detroit and Toronto, with Toronto (imagine that) making the comeback. I think that was right around the time our beloved Millbank was born.

EDIT: Hey, I want some props for your new member name ... why should Mr. Moon get all the props ... :( .

Sorry, he coined it (supposedly) and I didn't want it to be too long... here..

I would like everyone to know that Sabres Fan in NS gave me this wonderful idea for a member title, as I am a huge Zeppelin fan.

I am forever thankful for him, as I will be known as just "fourth liner" no more!

And stoll is still closer to a cup than we've ever been.

Sorry, he coined it (supposedly) and I didn't want it to be too long... here..

I would like everyone to know that Sabres Fan in NS gave me this wonderful idea for a member title, as I am a huge Zeppelin fan.

I am forever thankful for him, as I will be known as just "fourth liner" no more!

And stoll is still closer to a cup than we've ever been.

Thanks, but ...

You could have started a thread about it then it would be there forever, or until Chz deleted it, whichever came first ... :P .

I'll just say it: This team is better without that big pussbag.

You have to be more specific ...

We have ended up discussing many pussbags in this thread.

Thanks, but ...

You could have started a thread about it then it would there forever, or until Chz deleted it, whichever came first ... :P .

You have to be more specific ...

We have ended up discussing many pussbags in this thread.

:lol:

Let's just say I hope Goose ends up playing for the Bluejackets or some other irrelevant team.

Why am I the mean one here?

I wanted Goose back but not anymore.

So you wouldn't stop me from making a thread to dedicate NS? All right!

And I felt the same at first, especially on trade deadline day, but I have since seen more lucic replays than Goose highlights, and now any emotional attachment to him is gone.

I'll just say it: This team is better without that big pussbag.

A year ago I would have wanted to fight you over this comment. Now I agree. I think the concept of Goose was similar to Kassian. We all thought he was something he was not. We wanted that balls to the wall, hit everyone fight anyone player but his true colors were stripped butt nekkid by Lucic. I still think of him in a positive light but man did he fall short of expectations.

A year ago I would have wanted to fight you over this comment. Now I agree. I think the concept of Goose was similar to Kassian. We all thought he was something he was not. We wanted that balls to the wall, hit everyone fight anyone player but his true colors were stripped butt nekkid by Lucic. I still think of him in a positive light but man did he fall short of expectations.

There was plenty of evidence he was a paper tiger before that.

Bringing Gaustad back is a bad idea. Move forward.

Depends almost entirely on what happens on draft day and the week leading up to July 1. If we make a trade, acquire a player, move Roy, whatever-- those moves will dictate whether or not we need to add a player like Gaustad. If we trade Roy and don't bring a center back, we're gonna need a centerman of some form -- I consider Goose more of a 4th line guy than 3rd, but he may be one of very few options for us.

Depends almost entirely on what happens on draft day and the week leading up to July 1. If we make a trade, acquire a player, move Roy, whatever-- those moves will dictate whether or not we need to add a player like Gaustad. If we trade Roy and don't bring a center back, we're gonna need a centerman of some form -- I consider Goose more of a 4th line guy than 3rd, but he may be one of very few options for us.

What happens on draft day, frankly means jack. He's an over acheiving poor skater who we don't need back. Plus, he was on the ice when his friend Miller took a huge cheapshot and HE DID NOTHING That says it all.

Pretend it's 11:59 am on July 1, and Goose hasn't yet signed with Nashville. Do you try to bring him back to Buffalo? Is there room on the roster for him/his play? If so, what are his services worth?

Salary, stats, etc: http://capgeek.com/p...play.php?id=382

" Pretend", what we need to do to think the Sabres are close to being a contender!

Archived