Free Agency: Goose or no Goose?

IKnowPhysics

snip for space

Anyway...I think this is the plan and some of the reasoning, superficially. I really like it and it's difficult not to be optimistic about it. If they sign Doan, or someone with the stuff that he can bring, this could be a hell of a season.

IF they sign Doan (or equivalent), then the season really rests on the young centers (barring some other trade). This is simultaneously exciting and worrisome, but one thing is for sure, I think it would make the season quite interesting (which could be good or bad :P ).

Weakest of the three top lines from this stand point is the Vanek line in my view. Vanek and Hodgson has not (yet) shown me the speed or chemistry that Ennis and Stafford has. Also, Tropp is an obvious potential for an upgrade (though I am not as down on him playin gon that line as some others on this board) and why I would be most thrilled to see Shane Doan land in Buffalo.

It wasn't the production of the Ennis line, but I thought Vanek and Hodgson clicked very well (although speed is a concern). Hodgson had 8 points over the final 10 games and Vanek had 11. May not have been the output of the Ennis line, but it's a much more sustainable number.

It wasn't the production of the Ennis line, but I thought Vanek and Hodgson clicked very well (although speed is a concern). Hodgson had 8 points over the final 10 games and Vanek had 11. May not have been the output of the Ennis line, but it's a much more sustainable number.

While I hope you're wrong, I agree that's the key. The FED line looked unstoppable last year but I don't expect that to continue. CoHo and Vanek will core the best line next year regardless of their RW

Archived