Free Agency: Goose or no Goose?

IKnowPhysics

Pretend it's 11:59 am on July 1, and Goose hasn't yet signed with Nashville. Do you try to bring him back to Buffalo? Is there room on the roster for him/his play? If so, what are his services worth?

Salary, stats, etc: http://capgeek.com/p...play.php?id=382

As many have already stated, Goose is the past, it's time to move beyond him and toward a new future.

Thanks, but ...

I got as far as the end of the first little bit when it said that there are over 1,300 abreviations ... :doh: .

... there is no hope, one can never be young again ...

Sure you can!

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/WomensHealth/story?id=123701&page=1#.T9Xy0tXY95I

maybe nsfw? maybe.

Sure you can!

http://abcnews.go.co...=1#.T9Xy0tXY95I

maybe nsfw? maybe.

I think I know what that means ...

Since I work for myself I can look at whatever I want without anyone but Jake (our cat) looking over my shoulder.

As for the link ...

The truth is often stranger than fiction ...

Glad to see so many agree with what has been my opinion of Gaustad for some time. I'll disagree with Ink's comparison of Gaustad and Kassian. Kassian's script has yet to be written.

I have been extremely disappointed in how Gaustad has developed as a player. If Gaustad is going to return to being the player he showed he could be when he first came up, there is only one team he should be looking to sign with, that team is the New York Rangers with John Tortorella. Tortorella is the right coach to light that fire under Gaustad and bring out that high level of physicality we all know Gaustad has.

Obviously.

maybe these same Doctor's can sew a sack on some of the Sabres?

No matter how much you want to believe this is real... It's the one bolt you can't unscrew.

Seriously though, there are other's in Goose's classification that don't come with the negatives associated with Gaustad. I wish him the best, elsewhere.

Glad to see so many agree with what has been my opinion of Gaustad for some time. I'll disagree with Ink's comparison of Gaustad and Kassian. Kassian's script has yet to be written.

...but the outline for Kassian was written. Not as willing as we all thought. Good thing Foligno's book is a better read.

...but the outline for Kassian was written. Not as willing as we all thought. Good thing Foligno's book is a better read.

Very true.

I was less then impressed by Kassian's overall performance in both the AHL and the NHL.

Streaky, and we have enough streaky in the lineup already imho.

Gaustad's book was a "better read" in the beginning, look at how the story ended.

I'm like everyone else in regards to Foligno, I love what I have seen so far. It is still left to be seen if can develop within the confines of the Sabres organization.

The Goose may be close to falling into that gray area of the current NHL player market; not old enough or washed up enough to retire and been in the league long enough to require a minimum salary more than his current talent level is worth. It is not outside the realm of possibility that he just may not be picked up by anyone for next season (or it may take until the beginning of training camp). Unfortunately, in today's NHL, you have to be young and talented (i.e., cheap) or experienced and very talented (worth the cap hit). Maybe this is something that needs to be addressed in the next CBA....

This is an even thinner market for UFA's at center than last year, which benefits Gaustad.

I don't think there is any chance of Goose coming back at a discount. He'll do fine with

term and money elsewhere.

I'm thinking he may get close to $4 mil per...

As unconscionable as that seems.

The Goose may be close to falling into that gray area of the current NHL player market; not old enough or washed up enough to retire and been in the league long enough to require a minimum salary more than his current talent level is worth. It is not outside the realm of possibility that he just may not be picked up by anyone for next season (or it may take until the beginning of training camp). Unfortunately, in today's NHL, you have to be young and talented (i.e., cheap) or experienced and very talented (worth the cap hit). Maybe this is something that needs to be addressed in the next CBA....

Nashville just gave up a first round pick to get him. Do you seriously think that this translates to there not being any market for him this offseason? Hell, Manny Malhotra got $2.5 million on the open market last year and Gaustad is a comparable player who is better and younger.

Archived