GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

d4rksabre

I hate Derek Roy but YES!

SDS

Hats off to the good people here who understand what sports are all about.... It's like people have never seen the Comeback game or Drury's Ranger series goal...

wjag

With my 9000th post I say good night.. It was a great ride tonight... Bring on the Flyers

Game Summary

( :sick: *3) :rolleyes: :w00t: :wallbash: :flirt: :wallbash: :worthy: :worthy: :wub:

I was pissed that the fan appreciation was Friday because I took the Toronto game thinking last game of year would be fan appreciation day.

So glad I kept Toronto. I could barely hear the goal horn on Roy's game winner. My nerves are shot, in a good way.

No matter what the circumstances, if you can't find a way to enjoy a fun game like that you might want to evaluate how you choose to spend your free time. Seriously.

Great comment I was pod most of the game but it was fun and wild ride. Marcus is growing up in front of us big time and his and tropps energy seems to get their lines going some. We r goin to need miller being a lot better tha he has last three games if this run is to continue

Comment in a Yahoo article on Carl Gunnarson getting knocked out of the game.

"All the referees have been given orders to penalize the Canadian teams heavily in the remaining games. These orders were given by Gary Bettman as the Americans are the worst losers on the planet and this will give the American teams an advantage to make the playoffs."

I was reading the comments attached to the TSN article/game summary. All the loafs fans are complaining about the 4th and 5th goals. They say that the 4th goal should not have counted because it was stopped by the goaltender and then the puck and goaltender were pushed in. IIRC, the goaltender has to stop the puck and have possession of it for that rule to take effect (i.e. goalie saves it with glove (covers it up), then is pushed into the net). I saw nothing wrong with that goal, nor any inconsistencies with other called goals like that. On the 5th goal...well I have no idea what was going on, but I'll take it.

The Sabres better just come out and win straight up these next two games, because I really don't know if my nerves can handle any more games like this!

Comment in a Yahoo article on Carl Gunnarson getting knocked out of the game.

"All the referees have been given orders to penalize the Canadian teams heavily in the remaining games. These orders were given by Gary Bettman as the Americans are the worst losers on the planet and this will give the American teams an advantage to make the playoffs."

That was a response from a reader that had read a news article,not from an article. I just thought I would clarify that for you.

Great comment I was pod most of the game but it was fun and wild ride. Marcus is growing up in front of us big time and his and tropps energy seems to get their lines going some. We r goin to need miller being a lot better tha he has last three games if this run is to continue

Why are you still here?

Posted by bills_fan_in_raleigh on Yesterday, 09:21 PM in The Aud Club

Good night better luck next year assuming lindys gets axed

Posted by bills_fan_in_raleigh on Yesterday, 08:27 PM in The Aud Club

I refuse to get sucked back in

Posted by bills_fan_in_raleigh on Yesterday, 08:22 PM in The Aud Club

snapback.pngTheChimp, on 03 April 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

"Man, our veterans really do nothing at all when they're needed the most, don't they? Sheesh. What is with them?"

They suk

Posted by bills_fan_in_raleigh on Yesterday, 08:21 PM in The Aud Club

snapback.pngPville29, on 03 April 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

"Roy blows lindy"

fixed it for ya

Posted by bills_fan_in_raleigh on Yesterday, 08:09 PM in The Aud Club

Wake me up if anything ever happens just shows lack of finish and piss poor coaching

Posted by bills_fan_in_raleigh on Yesterday, 08:05 PM in The Aud Club

snapback.pngwjag, on 03 April 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

"I've not conceded yet, but I could not have imagined a worse period...."

U can see this team scoring four ???

I was reading the comments attached to the TSN article/game summary. All the loafs fans are complaining about the 4th and 5th goals. They say that the 4th goal should not have counted because it was stopped by the goaltender and then the puck and goaltender were pushed in. IIRC, the goaltender has to stop the puck and have possession of it for that rule to take effect (i.e. goalie saves it with glove (covers it up), then is pushed into the net). I saw nothing wrong with that goal, nor any inconsistencies with other called goals like that. On the 5th goal...well I have no idea what was going on, but I'll take it.

The Sabres better just come out and win straight up these next two games, because I really don't know if my nerves can handle any more games like this!

TSN comments are always the most hilarious things you can ever read. Collectively, there's about 1 total brain split up between all of those peopled (except Apus of course, who I've seen post there in the past ;) ). Just the thought of there being any conspiracy in favor of Buffalo is enough to keep me laughing for years.

TSN comments are always the most hilarious things you can ever read. Collectively, there's about 1 total brain split up between all of those peopled (except Apus of course, who I've seen post there in the past ;) ). Just the thought of there being any conspiracy in favor of Buffalo is enough to keep me laughing for years.

Yeah. They were all saying it's a conspiracy that the NHL wants Buffalo to make the playoffs! HAHA! I wish it were that easy!

This game was almost a perfect Cliff Notes of the Sabres' Season. The first 5 minutes they came out strong, but before they could really get going everything fell apart. They let a bad things turn into worse things, and they enter the break getting booed off the ice by their home crowd and written off by nearly everyone. Then they start to come back, only to fall behind further (like the 0-3-1 streak around valentines day. But they battle back again, only to let it slip away at what seems to be the end (like last weekend). In the game, they some how, some way, found a way to simply will a comeback, there is no other way to describe goals 4 and 5. Then they are granted the right to play more hockey, and in the extended time, the teams stars come alive, and they win. So if the season continues to follow the narrative, we'll find a way in to the playoffs, and we will in the extended season.

So I thought i had this playoff thing figured out so some else help because I'm confused. If we win out and ottawa losses out we end up with the same number of games played, same points, same regulation wins but we have a lower ROW which I thought meant we would win the tie breaker?

If that's right then NHL.com is wrong for already adding them with the playoff 'x', if that wrong someone help me out.

This game was almost a perfect Cliff Notes of the Sabres' Season. The first 5 minutes they came out strong, but before they could really get going everything fell apart. They let a bad things turn into worse things, and they enter the break getting booed off the ice by their home crowd and written off by nearly everyone. Then they start to come back, only to fall behind further (like the 0-3-1 streak around valentines day. But they battle back again, only to let it slip away at what seems to be the end (like last weekend). In the game, they some how, some way, found a way to simply will a comeback, there is no other way to describe goals 4 and 5. Then they are granted the right to play more hockey, and in the extended time, the teams stars come alive, and they win. So if the season continues to follow the narrative, we'll find a way in to the playoffs, and we will in the extended season.

Let's hope.

Can someone explain this league to me? Scoring is down yet two and three goal leads are blown on what seems like a nightly basis. I don't get it.

Simple. Games these days are either tight-checking and low scoring or they are wide open. When you get that 2-0/3-0 lead teams begin to abandon the tight checking game and throw everything they can at catching up. Inevitably the winning team bites and it becomes a wide open game again (the players want to play that game).

We should go out and the get the other one too... It's gotta be killing the old man to watch his other son in a Sens uniform..

I'll second that. I like Nick as well.

So I thought i had this playoff thing figured out so some else help because I'm confused. If we win out and ottawa losses out we end up with the same number of games played, same points, same regulation wins but we have a lower ROW which I thought meant we would win the tie breaker?

If that's right then NHL.com is wrong for already adding them with the playoff 'x', if that wrong someone help me out.

Having the lower ROW is a bad thing. ROW = Regular and Overtime Wins. The league decided after the debacle a few years back that the best tiebreaker is to throw out the shootout wins, and just count the ROW. If you have a lower ROW when it comes to the tiebreaker, you're out. Ottawa can finish no higher than 7th, and I don't believe they can hit eighth, without some extenuating circumstances that are highly unlikely.

ROW = regulation or overtime wins. Bottom line is you want a higher ROW. In the offseason ROW was implemented because GMs complained that shootouts were determining playoff spots, so shootout wins were removed from the tiebreaker.

Edit: Yea, what dEnnis said.

On the 5th goal...well I have no idea what was going on, but I'll take it.

Simple: The ref was actually giving the Leafs a break. The puck was sitting under a defenseman in the crease. The D-man was crouched over it, but did not lay down on it, so the puck was available. Had he flopped on it, it would have been a penalty shot. Had the ref blown the whistle with the puck under a D-man, it would have been (arguably) a penalty shot. The ref could see the puck, so he refused to blow the whistle because he didn't want to get involved in a penalty shot controversy. I looked at the replay and from the time Foligno shot the puck into the crease until the goal scored was full 11 seconds. Wow.

ROW is Regulation and Overtime Wins. You want a higher ROW. ROW does not reflect shootout wins.

Which is stupid, because if a shoot out counts as a win, then it should be a factor in tie breakers. Why have the shoot out if you're going to make a stat that excludes it?

Simple: The ref was actually giving the Leafs a break. The puck was sitting under a defenseman in the crease. The D-man was crouched over it, but did not lay down on it, so the puck was available. Had he flopped on it, it would have been a penalty shot. Had the ref blown the whistle with the puck under a D-man, it would have been (arguably) a penalty shot. The ref could see the puck, so he refused to blow the whistle because he didn't want to get involved in a penalty shot controversy. I looked at the replay and from the time Foligno shot the puck into the crease until the goal scored was full 11 seconds. Wow.

That or he has to issue several penalties to the Leafs for roughing (SEE: Komisarek pounding Foligno's head into the ice?)

But yeah, that is a good point too.

Archived