GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

As for that video, I really don't even care too much about the crease battle. The best part is the whole interaction on the faceoff. Komisarek and the other Leaf player (too lazy to figure out who it was) were constantly trying to make Foligno flinch and he never moved. Komisarek looked like an 8 year old bully trying to scare a kid with fake punches.

Big bad Clarke McArthur

A shootout counts as a win for the purpose of adding 2 points to the victor. It makes some sense that they would exclude it from the tiebreaker since that's not how playoff games are decided.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing head-to-head as the first tiebreaker. Of course, I say that knowing we own that one over Washington.

I still say the 3 point regulation win is the answer.

The two assists by Vanek last night sends him past Mogilny and into 11th on the Sabres all time scorers list

That's a cool fun fact!

I had to look up the list to see who the top ten were!

He's 7th in Goal scoring, with 230 Goals (8th place is Miro with 224 and 6th is Mike Foligno with 247), and he's only 11 points away from passing Miro for 10th on the scoring list.

The two assists by Vanek last night sends him past Mogilny and into 11th on the Sabres all time scorers list

That's a cool fun fact!

I had to look up the list to see who the top ten were!

He's 7th in Goal scoring, with 230 Goals (8th place is Miro with 224 and 6th is Mike Foligno with 247), and he's only 11 points away from passing Miro for 10th on the scoring list.

By this point next year, he should be the Sabres' 5th all-time goal scorer (assuming he's still here and healthy). Pretty impressive.

I can't stop watching the replay of the game-tying goal from last night. The amount of abuse Foligno takes is a little tough to watch. He bangs his head on the ice pretty hard about 40 seconds in. I hope he's OK.

Of course, the best part of the video is Foligno celebrating *at* Komisarek 55 seconds in.

By this point next year, he should be the Sabres' 5th all-time goal scorer (assuming he's still here and healthy). Pretty impressive.

I can't stop watching the replay of the game-tying goal from last night. The amount of abuse Foligno takes is a little tough to watch. He bangs his head on the ice pretty hard about 40 seconds in. I hope he's OK.

Of course, the best part of the video is Foligno celebrating *at* Komisarek 55 seconds in.

I'm sure the ice will be fine, they'll have till next weekend to get it ready for game 3.

Has Brian Burke held his presser about the sad state of officiating yet in regards to the Sabres tying goal ?

He's afraid if he does it might bring attention to the fact that Komisarek was using Foligno's head as a medicine ball for 1 armed squat thrusts for about 10 seconds, so he's still debating whether to hold it.

He's afraid if he does it might bring attention to the fact that Komisarek was using Foligno's head as a medicine ball for 1 armed squat thrusts for about 10 seconds, so he's still debating whether to hold it.

And besides, the replay is quite clear. The goalie was searching for the puck under his teammate right in front of him. Neck all craned and trying to look over the dude's back and then under him, making it blatantly obvious that he didn't have the puck covered. For once, the referee's angle was the best in the house, too. Keep your eyes on his eyes. He's watching the puck the whole time.

And besides, the replay is quite clear. The goalie was searching for the puck under his teammate right in front of him. Neck all craned and trying to look over the dude's back and then under him, making it blatantly obvious that he didn't have the puck covered. For once, the referee's angle was the best in the house, too. Keep your eyes on his eyes. He's watching the puck the whole time.

The goalie searching is a great point. It's obvious from that the he didn't have the punk, but there's no way you'll convince me the ref saw the puck the whole time. Watch him when the goal is actually scored. He's about the 5th person to realize it's in the net. I would think a guy watching the puck would be the first to know when it's in the net.

The goalie searching is a great point. It's obvious from that the he didn't have the punk, but there's no way you'll convince me the ref saw the puck the whole time. Watch him when the goal is actually scored. He's about the 5th person to realize it's in the net. I would think a guy watching the puck would be the first to know when it's in the net.

I thought I heard Miller mention in his post-game interview that if that play were in his crease he would've faked that he had the puck covered. Or something like that. The way he said it suggested to me that it may be a common ploy for goalies to fake they've covered the puck when they can't find it in a crease scrum. Had the Toronto goalie faked that he had it covered, if there was any question in the ref's mind there likely would have been a whistle.

Anyone hear on WGR this morning why they were talking about how one of the goals shouldnt have counted?

There is an article on TSN.ca about it. You cannot push the goalie into the net after a save, which is exactly what happened with the 4th goal by Sulzer. Apparently, the ref did not see Sulzer push the Scriven's pad into the net, he only saw the puck come out of the net. The replay can only determine if the puck crossed the line, they cannot inform the guys on the ice if it was a "good goal", that is decided on ice at the time of the apparent goal. It appears they messed up...

Archived