GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

Fans rag on Miller and he gave up five goals on 25 shots but he also made about 10 monster saves in this game, one of the best five goal games ever. lol. So many great chances for the Leafs.

That 2 on 1 save on Kessel in the third...

Such mixed emotions right now ...

On one hand, I'm pissed to all f**king hell that, after watching that great second period, my DVR stopped recording at 9:30 (I normally set it for end time + 2 hours, but it didn't take.)

On the other hand, the headline when I brought up NHL.com was "Sabres rally twice to beat Leafs in OT!" Hell yeah!!!

Piling on the well deserved Foligno love fest. At the Amerks skate with players, the same day as the trade deadline, Foligno was all class. Dude was all over the ice, pushing wheel chairs, talking to everyone who wanted to, approachable, smiling, and grounded. A handful of other players were grouped together in a circle and talked among themselves. Maybe they are shy or whatever, fine. But it seems Foligno gets it, all of it, and can execute on it. Awesome. Win 2 more and lets keep it going.

I jumped out of the chair and hit the ceiling when we scored to tie it. The result was a lot of damagr to my knuckles. Well worth it!

I've heard of rosy palm, but that is just weird.

I jumped out of the chair and hit the ceiling when we scored to tie it. The result was a lot of damagr to my knuckles. Well worth it!

You have veiny hands...., VEINS VEINS VEINS

Got what 1st?

I think I was the first online profile with that as a username

Foligno gives me so much hope. I will be changing my username to FolignosJock

Outstanding.

For anyone who didn't listen to postgame, Foligno was asked why the ref didn't blow the whistle during the scrum, and he said "I think the ref was watching how many times I got punched in the face and was in awe." This guy is a champion.

To make it even MORE embarrassing: After I turned off the game, I sat with my little girl, watching the end of "Dance Moms," before tucking her in.

I have to turn in my Man Card now, don't I?

You don't. Not at all. You get the Father card.. and that's what matters.

So here's my night.. I throw it out for all of SS to see.

I got home from coaching my son's first baseball practice of the year. Check the score on my phone, 1-0. Son goes downstairs comes up depressed and tells me.. the Leafs just scored, Miller should be pulled, he completely missed Frattin's goal (he's 8 BTW). I ask him if it's 2-0 and he says no... 3-0. I catch the end of the first, I see 3-0 and the fans booing. I've got better things to do tonight.

Then I check and it's 3-2 Sabres. I watch a bit and then it's 4-2 Leafs. F' me. Turn it off, look again, 4-3 Sabres... then.. 5-3 Leafs.. turn the game off. At that point I was convinced nothing good would come from watching the game tonight. They were done.. or at least if I watched they were. Now, I did see one of the best shifts of the year from Foligno-Stafford-Ennis during that time.

So, I check, it's 5-4, but I'm not watching now because I know I'll mess them up. There's 3 something and change left.. ugh.

Then.. a few minutes after Roy scores my wife is on FB and she turns to me and says.. holy ######. They won.

That people was my night. I'm sad I didn't see it but at the same time I couldn't keep it on because every time I checked or watched the Leafs would score. I watched the highlights..... I'm sad and happy.

Kudos to those who watched.. sadly my son has baseball practice Thursday and I am in Buffalo Saturday on a pub crawl. I might not see the rest of the games. Or maybe I will.

Here's what I know. Ennis-Foligno-Stafford are for real this year. Sulzer is the best "throw-in" I've seen in awhile and I'm pretty damn happy tonight...

Off for another beer.

Gragnani is looking shocking tonight. He is just not a smart player. He just hung out Luongo on two consecutive goals and Bobby Lou ends up getting the hook.

Sulzer is a much better player. As is Hodgson over Kassian. Reheir fleeced the Canucks.

Outstanding.

For anyone who didn't listen to postgame, Foligno was asked why the ref didn't blow the whistle during the scrum, and he said "I think the ref was watching how many times I got punched in the face and was in awe." This guy is a champion.

Holy hell... that is the quote of the year. I stated it after his first couple backs back up after Kassian was gone that there was just something so right about seeing a Foligno in a Sabres uniform. He's doing NOTHING to make ruin that family name.

Archived