GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

I can't remember a goal in recent memory when the puck was floating in the paint and the entire team was under the circles crashing. Beauty.

The entire team? I think you missed 6 other players in that sentence. There was only one guy on the entire ice who wasn't in the paint. That the puck remained free in all of that is truly amazing.

I'm pretty jealous of you having tickets for this game.

My favorite undersized Sabre may be shifting towards Ennis. He made everyone else except maybe Kessel look like they were skating in quicksand. The hits early in the first were a sight to see as well. Going back to watch the replays again.

I knew there was a reason I kept watching every single game this season!

I go away to college so I picked one game to go to while home on break. I found 100 level tickets row 7 for $90. I'd say I got pretty lucky.

Foligno was something just shy of ungodly. His play tonight was otherworldly at worst. He was a game changer. Tyler Ennis was amazing as well, his legs never seemed to stop moving. McNabb doesn't take sh!t from anyone and he totally won his fight IMHO. It has been years, since the last time I witnessed this team play with so much heart and overcome multiple goal deficits, multiple times. Playoffs or not this was the best game of the season (from a fan standpoint) and god it makes you believe.

Can someone explain this league to me? Scoring is down yet two and three goal leads are blown on what seems like a nightly basis. I don't get it.

Weird huh? I had the Sabres game on as well as the Panthers game. Somebody else was watching the Panthers game......... as the Sabres came back from 3 goals down, Florida was in the process of blowing a 3 goal lead. Within a matter of an hour it went from the Sabres season being done and the Panthers taking the division for the first time ever to, well........... a much anticipted Thursday!

I don't care what variety they were, without them we'd be sitting here talking about next year. :flirt:

All this love for the Ennis line, nobody's talked about Vanek. He's quietly put up 9 points in the last 8 games. 2 key assists tonight.

Quote of the night comes from Marcus Foligno:

"It's just one of those things where character steps in and leadership steps in and that's what we have on this team."

He reminds us all that we really do not know what goes on in the locker room or how much respect the leaders of the team have. Great win and a great effort from a kid who works hard and is being rewarded.

Holy hell... that is the quote of the year. I stated it after his first couple backs back up after Kassian was gone that there was just something so right about seeing a Foligno in a Sabres uniform. He's doing NOTHING to make ruin that family name.

We should go out and the get the other one too... It's gotta be killing the old man to watch his other son in a Sens uniform..

I was offered tix last week for last nights game, for free.....unfortunately, I didn't accept them as I though id be stuck at work tonight. Come to find I got tonight off, so made the most of it and went to the bar.

After the first, I told my friend, ill give it 10 minutes into the second before I determine if I leave, so I grabbed a pitcher of.blue moon and the good times started rolling. The bar cleared out after the 1st, I mean it went from packed, to hearing crickets, ennis scored and I got some loaded nachos.

Before you know it, the comeback was on and idk where people came from, the bar got packed again. It was a great time, yelling at the big screen, beer clanking and spilling. But the most memorable.night out in soooo long.

Im sad that I gave up free tickets, but wow! What a game, from cheers to tears and back again! That was a roller coaster ride that I would stand in line for 3 hrs for, to ride again.

Hope is still alive, yes I.was very skeptic after the 1st, but I hung around and now the sabs have a chance to do what was not thought possible just a few months prior!

So i missed this game as i was busy getting drunk, but i watched the condensed game and here are my thoughts on the game:

Miller let in 5 goals, but had a good game. He made some big stops and on 3 or 4 of the goals had no chance

Our defense was awful....

Foligno had a dece game, i liked his fight

The scrum at the end was....interesting, no idea how it went it or lasted so long

Komiserik's face was highly amusing, he is beating on foligno and the puck goes in and he realises what just happened

Fun game to watch. This might help the team, i did want them to lose a couple of games before th playoffs and this gut check win might help them bond/spark them.

Huge win from Florida on Thursday and we are back in control.

2 games to go. 1 point gain is needed

Quote of the night comes from Marcus Foligno:

"It's just one of those things where character steps in and leadership steps in and that's what we have on this team."

He reminds us all that we really do not know what goes on in the locker room or how much respect the leaders of the team have. Great win and a great effort from a kid who works hard and is being rewarded.

Nah, this is my favorite Foligno quote of the night, when talking about why the ref didn't blow the whistle:

“I think the ref was watching how many times I got punched in the face and was in awe.”

That, my friends, is freaking classic.

Nah, this is my favorite Foligno quote of the night, when talking about why the ref didn't blow the whistle:

“I think the ref was watching how many times I got punched in the face and was in awe.”

I agree.. That no doubtly wll be immortalized in signature lines for some time to come..

I go away to college so I picked one game to go to while home on break. I found 100 level tickets row 7 for $90. I'd say I got pretty lucky.

I was offered tix last week for last nights game, for free.....unfortunately, I didn't accept them as I though id be stuck at work tonight. Come to find I got tonight off, so made the most of it and went to the bar.

Despite it being a "gold" game, and one against the Leafs on top of the importance to the playoff situation, there were some excellent seats still available just three hours before game time. On StubHub, there were 100 level seats for less than $100 apiece, 200 level club seats for under $80 and even two seats in a Harbour Club box for $89 each. It killed me that I couldn't take advantage of any of these, especially with the dramatic outcome of the game. No matter, the game was still awesome to watch at home...and I reiterate, Marcus Foligno is the real deal.

That is sarcastic perfection.

Wow...just wow. I avoided being on here last night after the score hit 3-0 to avoid the "season is over posts." I just couldn't bear it. I continued watching, and it was one of those nights where you could just feel it. You knew they were going to come back, somehow. I think I felt it when there was a scrum behind the Toronto net when it was 2-0, and I believe it was Phanuef who said something along the lines that they were going to put the sabres out of the playoffs just like them (being the leafs). When I heard that, I just wanted to will them to victory!

You cannot say enough about Foligno, or his linemates. That line is money. The pressure that they can sustain almost every shift is ridiculous. Tropp-Vanek-and Hodgson played well, and who knew that Roy had it in him?! And Sulzer?! He is leaps and bounds ahead of MAG as far as I'm concerned. He does play a much better defensive game with Ehrhoff, and that was evident last night, but Sekera was still worse.

Gotta say, that was one of the most memorable games I've ever watched.

For those of you that don't want to read 24 pages, here's a GDT summary:

Pville29

Safe to say this is the last home game this season. Bye bye Buffalo see you next year, probably in the 7th or 8th spot again.

sabres1970

THIS IS A JOKE. 3-0 to a team thats no where near the playoffs, with a freaking minor league goalie??? In all seriousness, fire Lindy!

wyldnwoody44

Will anyone get mad at me.for saying season over?

gpsabre

GOING OUT IN STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They just don't deserve the play-offs...Buffalo does...these bums DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

wyldnwoody44

After watching this, Nah I don't care. We absolutely folded, we buckled like a belt

bills_fan_in_raleigh

At least the labatt blue light commercials are good

U can see this team scoring four ???

bunomatic

never...give...up...hope

biodork

Yes!!! Sulzer makes it 3-2

TrueBluePhD

I feel the momentum turned on this comment. If we win, I accept payment in the form of paypal, money order, or beer delivery :flirt:

DeLuca67

The Leafs are like a boxer on the ropes. Just trying to hang on.

TheChimp

OK, in the Third, I wanna see Derek Roy out there every shift, Lindy. :ph34r:

wjag

Ruh roh

COSabre

Yeah! Roy!!!

Rayzer32

God these guys give teams too much of a cushion before they turn it on. These coming from behind games give me gas.

wjag

that's 2PPG tonight.. been a long time since we've seen that

Eleven

Dammit. And that one is on the forwards.

gpsabre

Anybody counting the 2-1's for Toronto tonight?

wonderbread

It's in

biodork

Thank you Sulzer!! 5-4

biodork

Wtf??? Score!!!!!

Eleven

HELL YES! That was one blue-collar mother######ing kickass goal!!!!!

nobody

Delay of game!

Power play coming!!

COSabre

YES!!!!!!!

biodork

HELL TO THE MOTHER######ING YES

As good as Sulzer was on offense tonight, his defense was a SEVERE liability

It's not often that one player is highlighted in nearly every goal of a 6-5 game. He single-handedly upped the league scoring average, and he did it in both ends of the rink.

Archived