GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

Figured I would start the GDT for the first time this season and maybe change the Sabres luck around after the past two outings. Washington has left the door open a tiny crack for the Sabres and they need to take full advantage of it. The first goal tonight is gonna be huge for the team that nets it. Look for Buffalo to come out on fire and try to deflate the Leafs early.

GO SABRES!!!

What will happen: Sabres blow out the leafs and score 5 goals in the 1st period and go on to win 6-1 just to get us all back on the bandwagon, and then WIN in Philly on thursday as Washington loses in regulation to the Panthers in their next game. This would all set up a pivotal game 7-like atmosphere on saturday in Boston, as the game is nationally televised on NBC. The Sabres win and they're in and they face off against the Bruins who have nothing to play for as they hold the 2 seed. The Sabres suck us all in this week and even get a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period against the Bruins, only to lose their lead in regulation and send us all home crying.

winning is everything

Tyler Ennis better put a back brace on because he's gonna need to carry this team. Ryan Miller will have to rebound from whatever that crap was he played this weekend. Bottom line, Lets go BUFFALO!!!

Man, it's gonna be a long 11 1/2 hours 'til puck drop. Please let it be the "take their will away" Sabres and not the version that showed up (or didn't) last weekend. Neither Washington nor Buffalo has really seized the opportunity to move ahead when they had the chance, and it's time to change that tonight.

Here's hoping that starting the GDT 5 minutes early doesn't ###### us over.

I know superstition is bogus, but that's the first thing I thought of when I read the first post....

Stamkos may have saved our season if we can take advantage. After watching Washington's last couple of games, they very well could lose one of their remaining two.

Well how about that still a meaningful hockey game from a team I thought was dead 2 months ago. I'll take it.

Truly must win gaianst a team they should be able to beat, well let's see what team and players show up. Nothing left to save anything for so no excuse for every player on this team to NOT leave it all out on the ice.

Let's go Buff-a-lo make it so.

Let's win and end this emotional rollercoaster that is the end of the season. Huge game doesn't even begin to cover the meaning of this, and remaining 2 games. I hope we learned from the loss the other night and make the proper adjustments to bury this team. this is.our easiest chance for 2 points. Philly and Boston will be a tough out, but those matters not if we repeat out same performance tonight.

We win a tight one in regulation 3-2

Vanek, Stafford and Foligno for the W

Figured I would start the GDT for the first time this season and maybe change the Sabres luck around after the past two outings. Washington has left the door open a tiny crack for the Sabres and they need to take full advantage of it. The first goal tonight is gonna be huge for the team that nets it. Look for Buffalo to come out on fire and try to deflate the Leafs early.

GO SABRES!!!

Are there going to be two GTD threads tonight? Which one is this? Should I be critical or spend the entire night blaming the officials. Let me know, thanks. :thumbsup:

I thought the season was over with a minute to go in the Tampa game. Let's not forget that Peg Florida game tonight because if Florida wins, their game against the Caps Thursday is meaningless.

Sabres win and the season is alive. If they lose, I don't think there is one fan alive who can say they deserved it. Either way, I will be at peace (until Thursday).

Archived