GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

Foligno is the man. Even after a great game, first star honors, and kudos from Ruff, in his interview with Hamilton he points out that he was also on the ice for two goals against. Love this kid.

Did you, or anyone else, notice how he talks about himself in the third person, although he doesn't reference himself in the third person. That struck me as an odd way to speak.

Did you, or anyone else, notice how he talks about himself in the third person, although he doesn't reference himself in the third person. That struck me as an odd way to speak.

You mean how he kept saying "as a young guy..."? He did do that a bit, but he also referred to certain things (hitting, fighting) as part of "his" game.

Miller sounds...happy, or something. It's weird.

On TV he looked stunned, like a person who wins big money on a scratch-off. It was a different reaction from him fur shure.

You mean how he kept saying "as a young guy..."? He did do that a bit, but he also referred to certain things (hitting, fighting) as part of "his" game.

Yes, exactly. I thought he was still in the third person when talking about his game.

Miller sounds...happy, or something. It's weird.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't know the last time I heard him sound this way...it's definitely not typical Miller.

It's definitely a nice change. Loved the tackling of Roy after the game winner. :)

I've just watched the GWG a couple of times on replay. One thing struck me: The Toronto defender at the top of the triangle was #12. That's Tim Connolly.

Now, he might be my least favorite Sabre of the last decade, but I'll acknowledge that on a 4-on-3, or even a 5-on-3, he was pretty solid. And he might have been tonight, too.

But in Ruff's PK system, he was allowed to come off of the top just a little bit and challenge the two men at the point for the puck. In Toronto's system, he apparently isn't (or just didn't do it). Thanks, Randy Carlyle and/or tinman.

Result? Roy goal.

EDIT: Another thing, too: Toronto didn't change up even after they got the puck all the way to Miller. Buffalo would have. Mistake, Toronto and Carlyle.

We're still technically in the 9th spot so we haven't lost another draft spot.

Dude...you see how people are taking deluca seriously...you should probably stop. Sensitivities are still...sensitive.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't know the last time I heard him sound this way...it's definitely not typical Miller.

Perhaps Pegs flew Noureen into town for another conjugal?

GO SABRES!!!

It's definitely a nice change. Loved the tackling of Roy after the game winner. :)

I'd like to think that if the Sabres make the playoffs, and make it past round one, that this game was a turning point for the TEAM. The rookies, and probably someone like Sulzer, have yet to experience this kind of game - to have the lights go on upstairs and realize what it takes to win when you're down. I think Roy and Miller probably learned some of that, too...or at least were forced to remember what it's like.

Rayzer is required to start an early GDT for next game!

Really?

How in the ###### do you lose two games in a row to the freaking Leafs when you are fighting for your playoff lives? Never thought Erhoff and Myers could make such a difference when there are still 16 other guys who play every night.

I love the Sabres but I think I will take a hiatus from them until the coach is replaced. Seriously, too long, too f'ing long with one team.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Oh wait, you've posted since this?

:rolleyes:

We had an early start.

Lol maybe so, but we were still on page 3 at puck drop. Earlier in the year I don't think a lot of the GDTs made it to 21 pages even the days after the game (of course, the team was not much fun to watch then).

Fans rag on Miller and he gave up five goals on 25 shots but he also made about 10 monster saves in this game, one of the best five goal games ever. lol. So many great chances for the Leafs.

Biting my tongue...

Lol maybe so, but we were still on page 3 at puck drop. Earlier in the year I don't think a lot of the GDTs made it to 21 pages even the days after the game (of course, the team was not much fun to watch then).

Werent there some that were like 4-6 pages by the time everyone finished posting in it?

Archived