Newest sabres fan

ROC Sabres

Well as many I'm sure have posted, we have a new sabres fan. My daughter was born this morning with an outstanding performance by my wife (even the doc/nurses were amazed). It all started yesterday around 10pm and she was admitted around 1am. Finally around 5:30am we have a beautiful baby girl.

She and my wife are doing great and words can describe the feeling.

Here's to a long, healthy and hopefully very exciting sports life of our newest member of sabres/bills nation.

Well as many I'm sure have posted, we have a new sabres fan. My daughter was born this morning with an outstanding performance by my wife (even the doc/nurses were amazed). It all started yesterday around 10pm and she was admitted around 1am. Finally around 5:30am we have a beautiful baby girl.

She and my wife are doing great and words can describe the feeling.

Here's to a long, healthy and hopefully very exciting sports life of our newest member of sabres/bills nation.

Congrats. Is this the 1st or part of a matched/mixed &/or mixed/matched set? Either way, it's definitely sweet. But if it's your 1st, it will change you in ways you can't even fathom. And it's all for the good. As Duke Jupiter was quoted "I drink to you." :beer:

Congrats. Is this the 1st or part of a matched/mixed &/or mixed/matched set? Either way, it's definitely sweet. But if it's your 1st, it will change you in ways you can't even fathom. And it's all for the good. As Duke Jupiter was quoted "I drink to you." :beer:

It is our first, and already I feel myself changing.

It's all good bro, it's all good. Keep mom and baby healthy.

Wouldn't it be sweet if she doesn't have to even be a year old without knowing what it's like to root for a Stanley Cup champion? (OK, so you're not that exhausted to buy into that one; won't it be sweet when she is finally old enough to talk & understand what she's saying and those next 2 words are 'Miller' and 'Hart'?)

Congrats again.

Buckle up, it's going to be a long, rough road.

I have two girls myself. You are about to experience what it's like to cry, laugh, love, hate, and worry all at the same time.

Huh, kinda like watching the Sabres... Just kidding. Kids are the greatest thing life has to offer, congrats and welcome to the Fraternity!!

PS - Cherish every single second you get with her. You blink, and they're teenagers going on dates with dirty boys that remind you of yourself when you were a teen.

Congrats! I have three boys myself... Every night, this time of year, when I get home from work, my 7 year olds ask unfailingly, are the Sabres playing tonight?

And yeah, your life does change. It is a great thing!

Congrats ROC!

PS - Cherish every single second you get with her. You blink, and they're teenagers going on dates with dirty boys that remind you of yourself when you were a teen.

I'm trying my best with my four year old to adhere to this advice. I dread the day when I have to start dealing with this. I always remember my dad telling me after I was grown and out of the house: "you and your brother had your moments, but it's nothing compared to what your sister put me through!"

Congratulations and the best to you and yours.

Life changing in a good way as others have said or at least it will be if you take the responsibility seriously and remember to enjoy the journey. Billscursed really nailed some of what its like with his post.

Oh and don't stop at one we need more bodies paying into the system if some of the elder's on this board ever have a hope of sniffing retirement or recouping what we have payed into SS. ;)

I don't want to give away my identity so I have to ask, you work at a hospital in Rochester? :D

First.. outstanding! Congratulations.. that's awesome.

Second, I do work at an area hospital. I can tell you that telling someone the hospital you are at won't help figure out who you are. Unless someone wants to lose their job over trying to figure it out. There are plenty of audit controls in place to know who accesses what medical record and when. Furthermore, those logs are reviewed. The only people who would access the medical record would be those who would already know who you are. I've seen it first hand where someone thinks they are getting away with the access only to find out a few days later that they are unemployed.

Archived