2012 Trade RUMOR Thread. (Keep the deadline thread for substantiated stuff).

Eleven

So IF Roy is moved, is it safe to say this is the C lineup until at least July 1

Ennis

Adam

McCormick

Player sent back in return from either Gaustad or Roy trade?

I am starting to REALLY realize how screwed this team is going to be up the middle.....

Hasn't Ellis been playing center on the fourth line lately?

I don't think that would be the worst thing in the world. I didn't dislike his play during his earlier call-up.

I agree, at least in the short term. I would hate to go into 2012-13 with that group so we'd need to hope for a big move in the offseason with these theoretical 1st/2nd picks Darcy should be stockpiling.

I agree, at least in the short term. I would hate to go into 2012-13 with that group so we'd need to hope for a big move in the offseason with these theoretical 1st/2nd picks Darcy should be stockpiling.

Bingo. We've got some prospects and journeymen in Rochester that could help carry us through the rest of the year, which makes losing Gaustad, Roy, et al. (hopefully) tenable.

Edit: "losing" is the wrong word...moving perhaps, especially for those of us who see moving Roy as addition by subtraction.

Pierre is a buffalo hating fool. Gaustad is the equivalent or better of guys who have already moved for a second round pick. The teams that are inquiring will be very low first round picks. How is that ridiculous? He asks for a first they offer a second, he moves for a second and a 4th or mid level prospect.

People who negotiate for a living understand - pierre babbles incessantly and makes bedroom eyes at players for a living.

I don't particularly like McGuire either, but don't you think a #1 is a bit rich for Gaustad?

Sabres supposedly asking for a young top 6 forward and a prospect or pick for Roy.

I can see this.

Plus, McCormick did in fact fail his concussion test, so he's not making the west coast trip. That means unless we're getting a center back and Roy/Gaustad out we're looking at Szechuan.

Fine with me. Get as much as you can get for Roy and Gaustad and use the rest of the year to figure out whether Tropp and/or Chewie can play in the NHL next year.

What's the deal with Incarcerated Bob? I've heard he's had info in the past but he's outright declaring done deals with players that have not been moved:

Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

Ok lets get back into the trades.. Oduya gone.. Spacek gone.. Guastad gone.. #IBNTradeCentre (Already broke AK Trade) we rolling

What's the deal with Incarcerated Bob? I've heard he's had info in the past but he's outright declaring done deals with players that have not been moved:

Ok lets get back into the trades.. Oduya gone.. Spacek gone.. Guastad gone.. #IBNTradeCentre (Already broke AK Trade) we rolling

He an idiot. In the past two days he's put out about 35 guys that should be traded. He's a la eck. Trying to promote some radio show out of NYC. Like darts on a wall he's bound to be right once in a while.

He's a sham - he said Stevie Johnson signed 2 days ago....

Could DR be trying to stockpile high draft picks to use as trade bait for a real #1 center possibly during the offseason? Been hearing the going price for Gaustad and Roy is 1st round picks for each with more thrown in for Roy. That would be three 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders for next year.

That's what I'd love to see.

Chip Alexander for the Raleigh News & Observer--- Spacek has reportedly been shopped aggressively and Allen is an UFA that the 'canes have publicly stated is not available:

Chip Alexander@ice_chip

Allen, Spacek were not in locker room after practice when media came in.

Canes have told Allen he's not getting moved.

He an idiot. In the past two days he's put out about 35 guys that should be traded. He's a la eck. Trying to promote some radio show out of NYC. Like darts on a wall he's bound to be right once in a while.

He's a sham - he said Stevie Johnson signed 2 days ago....

No diff than eklund

I need to stop replying - I'm 4th in all my replies.

Thanks. Ek is saying Vancouver wants Goose bad and has made a big offer. I hate these schmucks and hate myself more for reading their self serving groundless tweets.

Archived